It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

know it sounds like a weird question.ever since i went on subs,myself and not thru a dr.,i have these almost real,vivid like dreams usually fiiled with such emotion i awake crying.just happened to me a few minutes ago.my gf broke up with me in june.after 8yrs of ups and downs we were,i thought anyhow,doing good.then out of the blue it was goodbye and that was it.i get a txt from her today saying hello.been on my head all day which i don't like bc when i get things like that piled onto me more the more subs i take.

i fell asleep about an hour ago with nothing but her on my mind.i could hear myself crying and jumped out of bed covered in tears.even before we broke up she would say this happened but she didn't know i was on suboxone then.i hate feling like this.this is one of the reasons why i hope i can find the right dr to help me get a valid precription bc when i take just 1/4 of one my mood is so serene.idk if i'm going insane or my anxiety issues are flaring up again or what to think.all i know is at 45 i can't be like this anymore.waking up at all hrs of the night crying and sweating and talking jibberish in my sleep.my heart is so full of pain,maybe when i sleep it acts as a release valve...?

anyone with similar issues as far as the dreams or the crying,not neccesarily the same situation but just the dreams?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes! I have many vivid dreams every night. Some good. Some bad. And some I can't remember but know they happened because I am terrified upon awakening. This is a weird side effect for me. But I learn how to handle some things through these dreams. You just have to look at them as symbols or learning experiences and not as nightmares I guess. But. Yes. Incredibly vivid most of the time, and dreams multiple times ever night!!!

Post subject: dreams
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:43 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

my husband when starting sub in feb 2011 had very vivid dreaming. waking up talking about the recent "dream" event. i had dreams but nothing compared to his experience. now the dreaming is not as vivid and not waking up as much. there is one thing i do still see him do and thats sleep sitting up on the side of the bed?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I had/have vivid dreams not while on sub but when it has been a few days since I have taking sub. for instance a day or two has gone by a few times in between refills..

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Not so much at the beggining of taking subs but after about 6 months of being on it my dreams became very vivid, some to the point of actually waking up shaking and having to get out of bed and go get a cigarette.
I hate this about subs. most of these are not pleasant dream, they are the ones that you dont want to dream.
and what is REALLY STRANGE is that there are certain people that are in all of them???
This is NOT normal at all! I had never had any dreams like the ones i have being on suboxone,
Ps, i think higher doses of subs make it worse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Almost every night I have very intense vivid dreams that are usually varied but very real feeling. There had been a couple times when I wake up and just before my brain snaps to I heard myself whimpering and crying but for the life of me couldn't remember the dream. I also have many times where I sleep sitting up and it used to freak my ex g/f out when I did it.

So yeah bup. definitely causes some odd side effects in the dreaming department.

Post subject: I had them off and on!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I had vivid dreams and woke crying a few times while on subs. I also found that the suboxone caused anxiety to run on high for me. I am 26 days off of subs and have trouble sleeping at all now, but that is to be expected. I think you are having some anxiety from the subs coupled up with your heartache and it is driving you to feel so over-whelmed. I am so sorry and I hope you feel better with some time. Relationships can be hard I know and break ups on top of feeling side effects can be horrible I have been there. I found that I did much better when my dose was around 6 mg. The anxiety was not as bad and the depressant effects were not as bad. It sounds like you are dealing with depression on top of depression right now. I can tell you honestly from experience that a break up and heartache does get better as time passes. It just takes time to get over the loss of someone we love. My heart goes out to you. Now,when my anxiety from being in withdrawals from the subs should be running on High it has actually improved.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So very sorry for what you're going through. You seem in deep pain n you shouldn't have to endure that. I'm deeply sorry that your ex ended your relationship. It seems that you haven't worked through issues concerning that.
You take it easy ok n be good to yourself
Evey x

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem