It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

airhead wrote:
But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

I just peed my pants a little. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:43 pm 

Yah, pregnant ladies do that now and then...:D

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ No kidding!! :lol:

I have to cross my legs when i sneeze these days.. for REALS. :shock:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Once again, I wish there was a "like" button. :)

Amy
Brown Eyed Girl likes this post

Boy do I ever agree with you on that one Amy! I have pursued that very thing since I joined here even talking to Dr. J about it long ago. His response was that he had asked about it before and the vote was "no" by the majority of members. But I feel we weren't speaking about the same thing.

I was talking about a "like button" maybe near the quote button on everyones posts. A person such as myself would be in agreement with another members post, click on the like button and it might read for example - Brown Eyed Girl likes this post.

Many, MANY, MANY times I have completely agreed with what another member has posted, didn't have time to post, or have anything further to add, and wished there was that "like button" to click on to let that particular member know I agreed with what they had to say.

Another important factor would be that you would know that someone had read your post also. People might not want to comment, but I bet they would be more than happy to click a like button if it were possible.

My 2 cents anyway. Maybe others will agree and we can get one up for the benefit of everyone.

Karen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:16 pm 

I'm totally with you, Karen!

This is my take on why it hasn't happened. First off, even though the mods have varying degrees of knowledge about computers and programming, I don't think any of us would know where to begin. If my memory is correct, when this has been brought up before, there was talk of linking this site with facebook, which would make having a "like" button easier. There are plenty of people on this site who don't like that idea at all, because it would "out" their addiction when they want to keep it private.

However, I don't know how easy or hard it would be to create our own "like" button (assuming it hasn't been copyrighted by facebook). I don't know enough about programming to know if that would be an option.

I also think it would be nice if we could use a person's username in a post that would somehow alert them to the post. Say I knew that Brown Eyed Girl was very proficient in scuba diving. If I saw a scuba diving question come up, I might say, "I wish I could answer your question, but I don't know anything about scuba diving. But our member, Brown Eyed Girl is an expert!" Because your name was mentioned, you would get a notification that someone was including you in a conversation. People who are on facebook know all about this little trick too, but I'm assuming that not all of our members are on facebook.

I will bring this issue up in the mod forum and see if anyone has some fresh ideas. Thanks, Karen!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you, Amy!

I wasn't talking about anything to do with linking a "like button" to Facebook. I wouldn't want that to happen either and I'm not on Facebook due to my employer requesting management not being a part of it.

I was just talking about liking an individual post only, and letting the member know you had read their post and agreed with what they had to say. Leave Facebook completely out of it, and I'm quite sure they have no copyright on the like button feature.

And I surely hope and pray no one asks me any scuba diving questions. They will be real disappointed if that happens. Expert is the very LAST word I would use to describe myself on that subject! :lol:

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah that was a real douchey thing to say. And I didn't say I got away with a lot I said he lets his patients get away with a lot and I do NOT agree with that. Every job is hard and every job has something hard about it. I agree with what someone else said. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all! Don't reply to my post then! I never said my job was the worst job in the world. And by the way I'm not a spoiled "daddy's girl". I pay for my own shit. Treatment and all. I'm independent. Sorry your job sucks but you don't have to be a dick to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for everyone who stood up for me!! :D