It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Sweet -

I am on day 4 and feeling a little bit depressed (which I don't really get.)
.... hang on baby crying ..will get back..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

clarity7 day 4? GREAT! We did it! I am day 3 without sub. No real issues aside the normal MILD lethargy and slightly emo. maybe a tiny bit of skin sensitivity. I am having NO sleep isssues although I am taking my half mg. xanax and doubling up on hydroxyzine HCL that the doctor perscribed for this period. He DID stress that I do not take it unless I NEED it. So tonight I will try NOT taking is as I have taken it as a precaution instead of a necessity. (perhaps not a good idea as this happened with my drug of choice) Anyway PROUD of you and very excited for both of us to GET ON ALREADY with life. I need to get my butt moving today. Took lots of days off....GOOD luck sister.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Clarity - Do not push yourself too hard... I myself tried to quit nicotine with everything else and it ended up to be too much. I do not have much of a dependence on nicotine but for me now is not the time to get off of it. I do not smoke though, just those camel snus things.

Keep it up Sweet16! I am following this thread because we are pretty close in does. I am on .75 now, might try to just make it .5 today but I am doing this very cautiously. I cannot wait to be off of this stuff, do not get me wrong because Sub is a life saver.... but I just did not have a habit long enough to justify staying on it for life.

I have no comfort meds right now, I will have a good beer here and there but that is it. I haven't used anything else in about a year and a half (actually played it safe and didn't have a beer until about two months ago). Anyways keep it up! I need to keep posting on this forum because it is extra support! Nice picture by the way!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are you Clarity7? Thinking about you every day hoping you are feeling better.
Stephant, I can not stress enough to s l o w l y taper this stuff. I have experienced VERY VERY mild wd. It is like barely there at all so far. I am day 6 today NO sub. I feel really good. I tapered so slow. My drop to .25 & lower were 20 days in between. When I got to 0.0625, I think the sub did not really make a dent so I experienced wd starting then. Sneezing lethargy emotional achy. After I stopped sub. No real issues that made an impact. I am taking it easy but with each day i feel stronger and stronger.. I know you can do this. WE ALL can. It takes time and will. but let me tell you, whe nyou are finally off, everything we went thru IS worth it. GOOD luck both of you.................happiness is our new drug of choice..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:45 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

^^

Thanks for the advice. I was able to pick up some Hydroxyzine from my doctor. It is super mild and I do not really even feel it. But what you did sounds very similar to my plan. I have said this before, but I have tons of practice tapering opiates (never methadone and Sub only this once but still)... this has proven to me the best path for me is to slowly reduce until I am on a superlow dose.

- Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great Stephant. Glad you got some meds to ease the tension. I know hydroxyzine IS weak, but someone told me that Doctors regularly "under" perscribe bc they know we will usually take more than directed, so I just doubled my dose and it works great. I am not suggesting you do the same, but my guy perscribed 25mg every 6 hrs. I take 50 mg once in the eve if I have trouble sleeping..(only 4 times so far)
Keep trying and the only possible result is SUCCESS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys -
cool

SWEET I am off it too and on day seven I think - same as you...a few days of pretty bad lethargy etc. same as every other drop..(last drop off.0625 too (half of .125???..) I had also a bit of a flu anyways and I am a wuss!!!! Stilll not entirely "normal" but have been taking valium... this could be all that is slowing me up (though it makes sure I sleep in blocks bigger than 2 hrs) ....sooooooo..as we all know not wanting to swap the witch for the bitch or whatever they say.... I got 2mg vals yesterday and told the doctor that was the last time I would be back (and at $120 AUS dollars a go ... it should be!! ) ...and wrote out a two week ween plan for myself...I haven't been on them long but - quite honestly when the directions say...."take one when needed" .... to a recovering addict or whatever I am... I took a few too many because they were there... and anyway.. I truly am not sure if I would have dealt with the sleeplessness and muscle aches on those "bad" days anyway... so nicotine (14 mnths) - Alcohol,Heroin, Shooting up suboxone, Speed etc etc ... all six months clean on the 8th of Aprril!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! longest ever so excited...GOD and 12 step for me (my opinion).. but I am so glad I found this forum too....especially because my darling Husband..is NEARLY there but not yet.... (but will be!!!!) addict/alc so its been awesome support..
How are you feeling today sweet ? Its amazing really .... I'm sure you feel fine like me... what next conquer the world???

Take care Clarity7