It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Everytime I feel like going out for a walk, I instead hop in my car and drive around the subdivision. It gets me there and back WAY quicker than walking would AND I'm not as tired when I get home!! :D (don't need no knife either)

You two are doing awesome. Y'all have both tapered SO low and that is going to help you both avoid most, if not all, of the acute wd associated with Suboxone.

I hope you guys don't mind me making this suggestion.....y'all do have plans to stay clean once quitting Suboxone, right? Quitting drugs is one thing, staying quit is another animal altogether. Please consider some kind of recovery.

You guys do know I was just kidding with my first paragraph, right? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ya know Rome, I do not have a back up plan. I am just going on blind faith that I have learned my lesson. I DO have plans however to travel, socialize and have good clean fun with like minded people. (and avoid ones who are users and abusers) I think I will be far too busy enjoying life to stop long enough to have to find a dealer, get money outta the ATM and hook up with the screwball that is gonna "score" for me and nearly crap my pants waiting for my drugs to get here so I can chase the fu*ken dragon till my eyes bug outta my head and then wake up feeling like crap so i can do it all over again. NO THANK YOU! You do have a good point though and I will give it some thought. Thanks for looking out man.
BTW the car coment was a good one...LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

What? You drive? Youlazy Bastard!!! j/k!! I did .15mg today and was fine on it. Iexpect tomrrow to be good and struggle the third day but be fine on the fourth with a cut to .1 mg on the fifth. Same routine. And each time is easier. As for my staying clean, it is my own willpower. And that may sound like a shite plan to most, but I know myself and I would never do an NA program. I will stay active here. This has been an unbelievable outlet. And I want to be able to let others know it is possible to get clean. I think the freedom I feel about not needing to take pills with me when I leave the house is so great that I wil be fine. May sound like a recipe for disaster, as my doctor said, but I know I will be good. I will certainly be honest and let you know.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well thats just great that everyone seems to be doing so fine ..i just dropped down too .25 and i am on day three ....reeeeeeeaaaallllly not enjoying myself ...vals that I got the other week have helped but of course i am taking ,more and more to make it "easier"....five months clean and sober and NOW i am feeling like throwing in the towel?? luckily I have a position in a group i need to be at tonight.....nearly there and need reassurance..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Clairity7, hang in there, you got the storm before the calm going on. Days 3-4 are the WORST for me when I decrease.... It will get better I PROMISE!! .25 is GREAT! You are moving right along. I plan to stay where I am for a week or more. I find the longer you stay at a particular dose the easier the next drop will be. Thank goodness you have something planned for tonight. The universe is working to the greater good of your taper! Keep on keeping on.. almost there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks sweet - I just cut my last strip up into tiny "deals" so that the last one is a speck?? think this should work ...i feel heaps better today on just a smudge less than .25...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

clarity7 that is FANtasTIc. You really are doing super. And tapering so well. You cut up your last strip? was it an 8mg or a 2 mg strip?? Are you nervous? How many days before you are done? I am excited for you. I think you are going to be just fine. Keep up the great work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey Sweet
O absolutely a 2 mg strip.... my maths brain can quite work out the amounts but its preeeeeeety tiny... now it's getting exciting. I have battled with ALL drugs inclu alcohol for nearly 20 years and this is the last to go.. five months off all incl cigs...(for a year)...and I'm fine with it since i've got the (don't know your stance on this one ) but i've leaned on 12 step and God. It's the only way FOR ME - but each to his own. Thanks for the encouragement.. what a great site that people can actually "get" it all...
c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HOT DAMN clarity7! Hey, whatever works for you is the BEST way. I have abused just about everything as well. Isn't is NUTS that after all these years chasing this and that to feeel better, finally now we realise that being high on life is better than any drug. No withdrawl, and we can have it any time we wish. When I get my butt moving, I get so naturally high sometimes, I get nausious. LOL. I am at .125 once daily still and I have not decided when I will taper again. I know I will eventually and pretty soon. How many days do you expect to have left of treatment? Are you going to wing it or take X amount each day? Whatever way you do it, CONGRATS! I KNOW you will be successful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

AHHHHH! it's 4.40 in the morning and and I have been having the most horrific sleep patterns where I "go to help put my two year old down" .....(shattered and NOT coping with anything.)...fall asleep at 8 o'clock... Only to wake at oh maybe 12.30 or 1.00..... WIDE an effing wake (excuse me) ...and then I have to decide ...mmmmm do I down some more valium (which I am running out of...) and maybe get another hour or so... or not ,,,,the other night I even cut the corner off like don't even know what amount maybe 0.007 God only knows because I to am down to 0.125 and I am not enjoying.. the sleeplessness!!!!!I used to think oh my poor hubby who can't sleep ....I got everything else stretchy legs - aches and pains - runny nose.. even this weird thing where I couldn't swallow because it felt like I had some thing scratching my throat ANYWAY....I am rambling maybe because TODAY I have to not only be a mamma to my four but WORK from 9 till 5.30 AHHHHHH now I think I will be fine I just need to vent (since my husband thinks I am a weakling (still on 8-12 mgs a day. ) AND should I get sleepers????? I never got into them.. VAls yes but now they just make me feel sluggish and lethargic or is that the withdrawals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! five months and a few days clean and sober no cigs NOTHING and the anger and rage and the voices!!!!!!!!! I want to be rid of this crap and I DO NOT WANT TO BUST HELP!!! will sleepers work what about lethargy ....is this just completely ridiculous or would a doctor give your dexanphetamines for a week or two just to function or am I dreaming???? like I don't care I just want to be off this stuff maybe I went toooooo fast unbelievably as an addict I tend to be a little impatient..ALSO the amount 0.0125 is so small I didn't even cut in two to have the other half at the afternoon because it already "runs out: by lunchtime.....anyone out there??? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome clarity7 to the worst (IMO) of the symptoms. Lethargy. Yup, it's a doozy especially when you got kids to look after and a job and a hubby and laundry and and and. BUT get out and get physical. Take kids on a walk, to park, bike rides, whatever gets you out and in fresh air. I'm struggling a little too and I just force myself to do shit. I Do take time to rest as well. The sleeping thing is your call. Personally I in Xanax and tapering that too. I do NOT reccomend it however. It is another thing that causes physical dependancy. Try sleepy time EXtRA tea. I drink it nighly. It does help a lot. Take a hot bath b4 bed. Have an orgasm. Lol. Those all help w/ sleep. It will all end soon. You are just getting back to normal after a fight my friend. Give it time. I swear out of nowhere you will be back to your wonderful self. Everything has got a price & we are just paying for the party mamas.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

clarity7 wrote:
AHHHHH! it's 4.40 in the morning and and I have been having the most horrific sleep patterns where I "go to help put my two year old down" .....(shattered and NOT coping with anything.)...fall asleep at 8 o'clock... Only to wake at oh maybe 12.30 or 1.00..... WIDE an effing wake (excuse me) ...and then I have to decide ...mmmmm do I down some more valium (which I am running out of...) and maybe get another hour or so... or not ,,,,the other night I even cut the corner off like don't even know what amount maybe 0.007 God only knows because I to am down to 0.125 and I am not enjoying.. the sleeplessness!!!!!I used to think oh my poor hubby who can't sleep ....I got everything else stretchy legs - aches and pains - runny nose.. even this weird thing where I couldn't swallow because it felt like I had some thing scratching my throat ANYWAY....I am rambling maybe because TODAY I have to not only be a mamma to my four but WORK from 9 till 5.30 AHHHHHH now I think I will be fine I just need to vent (since my husband thinks I am a weakling (still on 8-12 mgs a day. ) AND should I get sleepers????? I never got into them.. VAls yes but now they just make me feel sluggish and lethargic or is that the withdrawals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! five months and a few days clean and sober no cigs NOTHING and the anger and rage and the voices!!!!!!!!! I want to be rid of this crap and I DO NOT WANT TO BUST HELP!!! will sleepers work what about lethargy ....is this just completely ridiculous or would a doctor give your dexanphetamines for a week or two just to function or am I dreaming???? like I don't care I just want to be off this stuff maybe I went toooooo fast unbelievably as an addict I tend to be a little impatient..ALSO the amount 0.0125 is so small I didn't even cut in two to have the other half at the afternoon because it already "runs out: by lunchtime.....anyone out there??? :shock:

Oh gosh, I went through that....going almost mad from exhaustion. It sucks so bad. There were many days I thought I'd never be able to get through on so little sleep. Sometimes, I had to break the day up into the smallest pieces, like brush teeth...CHECK! Put on clothes.....CHECK!!! It's so HARD but you will not die and you will make it. Like sweet16, I drink herbal Sleepy Time tea at night and I brew it strong. It truly helps. I also take Melatonin and .5 mg Klonopin. I was already on the Klon and would never suggest anyone start or increase a benzo habit. At this point, I'm seven months out from Sub and my energy levels are fantastic. They got better gradually. My sleep is okay. I think I'm up to a solid six hours. In my book, that's fine. You are at the toughest point right now. Basically, you are on your last leg of a marathon. Just don't give up. And take Motrin when the aches are bad.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Cool guys all good stuff as always ...

OF course the day wasn't as bad once I was in it and now sitting back at home so I've decided to give myself a tiny sliver now (5.42 pm) to maybe help with sleep tonight and a little less later tomorrow>???? lets see.. I WILL GET THERE......LAZINESS ....uggggh is how I feel I was going to the gym and walking the beach every morning on 2mgs no probs but all this talk of excersise is scaring me ...I went for a surf with my daughter who I am loving but couldn't handle more than 20 mins ....lazy lethargic disinterested PLEASE tell me they go .. "character flaws" i think they could be called...laddertripper SEVEN EFFING months ???? that is too scary I want to be super mum right now...and not major control freak loud mum...
no I am going to love your beautiful advice as I have been reading for quite a while now (just not joining in.....) BUT I am going to pretend you said in a week or so when you jump from the .125 you are on now....?ok? ha ha
thanks again... I feel super supported amongst strangers very cool I think.. always thought it was a bit weird this online chat business.... but considering we are living in a new millennium and all..blah blah blah

Thanks again guys

ps sweet -- we are on the same amount ...are you jumping or getting smaller???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Clarity7, I have a goal of April 1 to be my first sub free day. I have a cinco de mayo cruise to mexico in may and I want to be in the clear for that. There is another member that is thinking about doing that day too. Maybe we could be a trio..lol. It WILL get better..I know it is hard to play the when/waiting game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So sweet16 you are not actually cutting the .125 down any smaller?? I think I'll look around. I am starting to feel fine on this amount and not sure whether just to go for it or what ,,???,,,maybe I'll read around a bit more here...
cheers C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

clarity7 I have not decreased any since feb 25ish. I am still at .125. I have been just lagging. I thin I will cut in half starting tomorrow then stop completeluy day b4 April 1st. BUT not set in stone. I knew you would start to feel better. It seems to take a couple weeks at these small doses least for me. The only realy symptom is lazyness andI have been doing nothing to combat it. I really should though... Hope ya doing great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OK - this is frustrating .... I cut my .125 strips in half and am on day two only and fell asleep with my toddler at lunch (because I was up since 2 o'clock in the morning again) i woke up to LETHARGY BAD legs dribbling nose...like i thought maybe i've come down with something as well?? ....i thought i was stabilised but maybe not?? what is this liquid taper ?? do you mix up in a syringe?? should i be going in smaller increments??(not sure if I can cut them much smaller... I am feeling a little frazzled about this drop feeling like i jumped off at 20 mgs or something ....i am a really big wuss with withdrawals,... babbling again....

.......Gave in slivered a tiny piece off and got my tweezers and [placed under tongue... hoping it will do something .... does anyone eat codeine and ibropruphen for aches and pains or is this just pointless??? a lot of questions if anybody is there i know?? very alone (in regards to withdrawal) other than this site..
clarity7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Clarity7 - looks like this thread just left you hanging. I too have been at .125 for about 2 weeks. Though I have learned a lot from reading these threads I have also discovered that ideas get planted in my mind from the experience of others and I begin to have anxiety about going through the same trauma. Reading about WDs can kind of be "contagious" and then they become real. Given the half life of bupe it hard to imagine such dramatic and immediate WDs the first day of a taper. They normally have a lag time of a couple days. But, if you feel it then it is real, regardless of the logic.

Upping your valium only gives you another and even LONGER taper demon to face, which is benzo addiction. Keep a very detailed diary of what you are taking and when you are taking it. If you are using benzos, it is easy to lose track - they are brain erasers.

Codeine is an opiate. Taking an opiate to cure an opiate WD symptom while on an opiate blocker doesn't sound like a viable remedy. Personally, for a very short time, I used phenobarbital to cure the leg pains. It is a barbituate and addictive so I would not recommend addicts turn to another addictive substance to cure addiction. but the leg cramps were unbearable. I was tapering off of the benzos at the same time and did not want to up my valium to cure leg cramps. It was a dangerous move but it worked. I jumped off ASAP and used it just for leg cramps at night.

Non-addictive things like Ibuprophen and hot baths or messages really do wonders - a hot bath before bed or long hot shower did cure my leg cramps enough to get me to sleep but they woke me up hours later.

Cyclobenzaprine, also known by the brand name Flexeril is an option. It has no therapeutic effect beyond two weeks so taking it longer than that is a waste and again, you don't want to add another addictive substance.

But the system has failed us and we piece together whatever we can since finding a sympathetic doctor is virtually impossible and an expensive and time consuming venture.

The immediacy of your WD - the first night - seems a bit abrupt so remember that bupe has a long half life, hence PAWS.

Looks like its been 10 days since you posted so not sure where you are at but if cutting .125 in half is too much then try cutting it in to 1/3 or 1/4 - whatever taper you need to be drug free yet able to live a normal life. I literally was doing little mice sized nibbles on my .5 to make it last 5 days, then 6 days then 7 days...the amounts was so small I thought it was psychological. Maybe it was, but psychologically I didn't anticipate much of a change by such incredibly small changes in my dosage and am now where .5 lasts me a week. I am also spreading the timing out. I used to do it first thing in the morning and have moved the time in between dosages back by an hour or two each day make the landing even softer. Eventually I hope to skip a day....go as small as you need, there is no magic formula except "take less" on a regular and comfortable basis. Follow your body and try not to lose ground once you've conquered a lower dosage.

Wishing you the best...I was right about where you are at in dosage but my smaller and slower decreases allowed me to taper with some discomfort, some of which I attributed to "anticipatory WD" and not real WD itself.

Hang in there and focus on progress before perfection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi WalterE -
Thank you for your advice- you are right I wasn't actually hanging out (PAWS) I worked it out - get this i was sick!! coming down with a flu or something - I woke up the next day with sore throat..etc,... so look all's good.... I cut my .125 strip in half for a week and jumped two days ago so I guess tomorrow is d day..
clarity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

clarity7 you jumped? What day are you on? Congrats!!!
I apologise, somehow I missed your post.. I finally split my .125 dose in half and have been on .0625 for 6 days. I think I finally feel normal today but I decided today is my last day on sub. I just do not want to drag it out any longer. I am glad that you figured out that you were actually sick and not in wd although I am sorry you are not well. Man hasn't this all been all consuming? That is one of the reasons I must just stop the madness. I wish you luck my friend hope you are well...