It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good doctor in or around Eugene, Oregon? By "good doctor" i mean a doctor that doesn't just care about making money but also cares about his/her patients, and a doctor that believes in and agrees with long term Suboxone maintenance. It would also be nice if the office had a sliding scale for how much to pay.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I realize this is late, but since no one else answered...
Dr. Martin Klos in Springfield. Cooperative, anti-shame, knowledgeable. I've been with him 2 & 1/2 years. Maintenance is fine, it's up to you. Maybe a bit expensive. I think it's 500 for the initial appt to get you on subs, then it's 100 for follow-ups. I see him every 2+ months, though he'll want you in more often until you're stable. Appointments not covered by insurance, but meds yes if you have the right coverage.

Do not under any circumstances see Dr. Karen Buntman, if she's still even doing this work. I saw her years ago when she was new to addiction work, and she was very green. Went back to her several years later and she was a different person/doctor. Evidently taken advantage of & had some hard lessons, which turned her into a nazi/shame monger. I think she was a GP who decided to beef up her practice by doing the sub treatment. Had a terrible experience, demanded my money back, and found Dr Klos. He is also a pain doc, but i don't see him for that.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Do you have the contact info for dr. Martin klos? I will be moving to the area soon and have been on suboxone for about 6 months and doing so good!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry, haven't been on in a while... Dr. Klos phone number is (541) 746-4468. Alpha treatment center. Website alphatreatmentcenter.org.
Best wishes... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:42 am 
New Poster
New Poster

bandersnatch wrote:
Sorry, haven't been on in a while... Dr. Klos phone number is (541) 746-4468. Alpha treatment center.
Best wishes... :)

Thanks so much! Do you know if oregon health plan covers meds at least for a little while? Is the doc ok with long term maitnance? I have an appt next week as where were just moving down there. Sorry about the spelling