It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows a doctor's office that is in or around Portland, Oregon, and uses a sliding scale, or has reasonable prices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

FYI - I moved this thread from the Misc. section to the "Taking New Patients" section.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I dont know if the coast is an option for you,,, we are about 80 min from portland depending on traffic,
but I know the
Rhinehardt Clinic is taking patients, Ill look around and see If I can find the number, theyre actually closer to portland than where I live in seaside,
they do have a sliding scale, the least you pay is $50 per apt, the induction is $125

also in seaside, Providence clinic of Seaside
dr. cockroft, 503-717-7000
you actually have to see another doctor first to take all your vitals, and it can take
up to a week to see cockroft, but its pretty painless.
thats where I go.
you actually only have to put a 'deposit' down for your visits, of $10 you apply for the sliding scale, but they let you pay ten bux, and even if you dont have that, they'll still see you. Im not sure if he has room, but you could get on the list, and keep calling, thats what I did, and it only took two weeks of calling, and I was in.

last I heard that rhinehardt clinic WAS taking ppl though.
like I said I'll try n find the # for you. Its actually in the city of Nehalem, which is right off of Highway 26 or they also call it the sunset highway,,, like 15min from Saddle mtn.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kaiser Permanente Department Of Addiction Medicine. 503-249-3434

this was posted fr portland, or in the same category, just a few posts down,,, just wanted to make sure you saw it too, along with my post,,, whatever works for you

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rinehart Clinic

503-368-5182
http://rinehartclinic.org/

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello my Fellow Oregonians,
I'm in the Portland OR area as well. I'm in desperate need of a NEW sub DR that understands opiod addiction, and truly cares about what their patients have to say, and will actually take into consideration what the patient is going through. I accidently choose the (I took the 8hr class and can write scripts for sub's DR, but has no freakin clue about opiod addiction.)

-SHORT STORY-

I just relapsed at my current sub doctor. I went in on jan-30-2012 to pay off some of my total $$ from previous office visits. I asked if I could up my dose from a whoopin 2mg a day to 4mg and they said "no we don't want you using the sub's as a crutch." Hit fast forward to FEB-01-12 and I relapse on Herion. It's just so frustrating that they won't listen to me. I know my addict self well enough and can tell when i'm very close to relapse from intense cravings etc. But what do you get the cold shoulder.

Sorry for the rant. Just makes me sad that i'm stuck w/ a sub DR that doesn't seem to care about my well being. It feels like he's all about the $$$ and patient turnover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Doc Holiday wrote:
Hello my Fellow Oregonians,
I'm in the Portland OR area as well. I'm in desperate need of a NEW sub DR that understands opiod addiction, and truly cares about what their patients have to say, and will actually take into consideration what the patient is going through. I accidently choose the (I took the 8hr class and can write scripts for sub's DR, but has no freakin clue about opiod addiction.)

-SHORT STORY-

I just relapsed at my current sub doctor. I went in on jan-30-2012 to pay off some of my total $$ from previous office visits. I asked if I could up my dose from a whoopin 2mg a day to 4mg and they said "no we don't want you using the sub's as a crutch." Hit fast forward to FEB-01-12 and I relapse on Herion. It's just so frustrating that they won't listen to me. I know my addict self well enough and can tell when i'm very close to relapse from intense cravings etc. But what do you get the cold shoulder.

Sorry for the rant. Just makes me sad that i'm stuck w/ a sub DR that doesn't seem to care about my well being. It feels like he's all about the $$$ and patient turnover.

Sad to say that there ARE some doctors out there who are only concerned with money. I think I was the patient of a doctor like that, before I switched to my current doctor. You can try using the finder service on Suboxone.com and see what you can pull up with that...I pull up about 40 doctors in my area (or within a 50-mile radius)...

If only all the doctors would go by the Hippocratic Oath that they took to care for their patients..it would make things SO much better on everyone..but some of them don't.

I watched a show on National Geographic the other night, and in fact, I made my wife watch with me (I record the series and have it auto-set to record every time it comes on)
The show is called "Drugs, INC" and comes on Sunday nights.
The particular show that I made my wife watch with me was "Pill Nation"....and the entire show was about pain pills and the addicts.
It is VERY informative and showed me a lot of things that I didn't know, like the Florida Pill-Mills they talked about..I've never heard of such, and I live nextdoor to Florida!! Doctors maybe should educate themselves the same way that some of us educate ourselves!! I know that I, for one, will study up on things that interest me, like computers and such..because I WANT to know. I run an at-home computer repair service and do all sorts of network and diagnostic things for people..
Maybe doctors should take that same motivation in their practice!! It would help a LOT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

jonathanm1978,
Hey man thanks for the response. It helps out in ways i'm sure you can imagine. Ya i know the show your talking about. I watched that drugs inc... episode as well. I got a question for ya. How long have you been on sub treatment? Also being from (i'm assuming your from the SE part of US) does the medical dr's over in your part of the country handle the opiod addicted patient?

Here in the NW U.S. it's hit or miss, its miss if u have a doc like mine but i know there have to be some out there that truly "get it". My aunt is a crisis counselor in warren count, Mcminville, tennessee and she was telling me that kids around her area are losing the battle to addiction. Alot of the kids are droping out of high school to chase their habits etc..... Sorry for the rant, but damn addiction is an ugly damn disease (keyword DISEASE) it seems to me that a certain % of the medical community forgets this.