It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ive been diagnosed ADHD my entire life.
Working a manual labor job, helps me A LOT with hyperactivity. It also helps with other symptoms. when Im at work, I can concentrate on ten different things at once, so it almost feels like I can rid my excess thoughts this way. I dont know, hard to explain unless your brain runs the same way.
So, I was on ritalin as a kid, and adderal sometime in my late teens/all thru my 20s.
My therapist told me about two months ago, that she's done all she can with me, in treating the symptoms. we tried a few supplements, I changed my diet, added excersise, which DID help alot.

but it sure seems like the FURTHER I get away from my active addiction, (timewise I mean) the WORSE these symptoms get.
I mean, they've been there, the entire time, they were just tolerable, or ignorable? for a LONG time.
in the last 3-6 months, my OCD tendencies have started rearing thier head, as well.
When I got switched to adderal, before, the ocd type stuff, became manageable at that time.

I know they MUST have more out there by now, then adderal. Im not saying I wouldnt take it, but It'd definitely be a LAST resort.

My question is, is there anybody who takes Vyvanse, or strattera, or provigil
AND suboxone???
and how are you doing with that?????????????

It would be nice, if whatever I ask about has a generic,
I will be paying outta pocket for whatever meds I go on, AS WELL as my suboxone. I was on the patient assistance deal, and its now ending. So, IM HOPING I can get 'by' with less suboxone, if I had some of these symptoms 'manageble'

Im hoping somebody out there, wouldnt mind sharing thier experience,. Id REALLY appreciate it.
My next doctor appt is october 2nd, about two weeks away.
so I have until then to come up with a plan, LOL
a plan of what to say to my doctor, and what maybe to tell him Id like to try. I DONT really want to say well, adderall worked. LOL
I dont think that'd go over too well.
but,,,,,,, it may turn out to be the only option.

THANKS in advance for your help. 8)

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't ADD/ADHD, but as I was reading your post it seemed to me that you probably didn't have any problems while you were in active addiction because the opiates could have been helping to treat it. I know a lot of people had energy with opiates, but for me it was a burst of energy then more of a downer experience, and that downer-ness (I'm making up shit again, lol) may just have treated your ADD/ADHD. Now that you're more and more into your recovery, your "natural" state, with that condition is coming up to the surface again.

My husband is ADD/ADHD and is on Adderall and used to be on Strattera as well, but if I recall correctly, the Strattera didn't do shit for him, nor did the other two you mentioned. The only thing that helps him is the Adderall, and he's 61.

If you end up having to ask for it, do your old medical records back up your ADD/ADHD diagnosis? And with any luck, perhaps your doctor will also see it the same way I did - that your active addiction was treating your condition and now that you're in recovery, you need to treat it again.

Anyway, I hope you can find something that works for you and that you can afford. I don't know off-hand what we pay for his Adderall, but of course it's available in a generic (as amphetamine).

Good luck! :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Amber,

I wonder if you being on Suboxone would actually make taking Adderall safer for you. There's another thread here about people on Suboxone who noticed that their cravings for cocaine went down while on Suboxone and a lot of people have reported that their desire to drink alcohol went down on Suboxone. I have to wonder if Suboxone may afford you some kind of protection from the negative effects of Adderall you fear?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

amber4.14.11 wrote:
Ive been diagnosed ADHD my entire life.
Working a manual labor job, helps me A LOT with hyperactivity. It also helps with other symptoms. when Im at work, I can concentrate on ten different things at once, so it almost feels like I can rid my excess thoughts this way. I dont know, hard to explain unless your brain runs the same way.
So, I was on ritalin as a kid, and adderal sometime in my late teens/all thru my 20s.
My therapist told me about two months ago, that she's done all she can with me, in treating the symptoms. we tried a few supplements, I changed my diet, added excersise, which DID help alot.

but it sure seems like the FURTHER I get away from my active addiction, (timewise I mean) the WORSE these symptoms get.
I mean, they've been there, the entire time, they were just tolerable, or ignorable? for a LONG time.
in the last 3-6 months, my OCD tendencies have started rearing thier head, as well.
When I got switched to adderal, before, the ocd type stuff, became manageable at that time.

I know they MUST have more out there by now, then adderal. Im not saying I wouldnt take it, but It'd definitely be a LAST resort.

My question is, is there anybody who takes Vyvanse, or strattera, or provigil
AND suboxone???
and how are you doing with that?????????????

It would be nice, if whatever I ask about has a generic,
I will be paying outta pocket for whatever meds I go on, AS WELL as my suboxone. I was on the patient assistance deal, and its now ending. So, IM HOPING I can get 'by' with less suboxone, if I had some of these symptoms 'manageble'

Im hoping somebody out there, wouldnt mind sharing thier experience,. Id REALLY appreciate it.
My next doctor appt is october 2nd, about two weeks away.
so I have until then to come up with a plan, LOL
a plan of what to say to my doctor, and what maybe to tell him Id like to try. I DONT really want to say well, adderall worked. LOL
I dont think that'd go over too well.
but,,,,,,, it may turn out to be the only option.

THANKS in advance for your help. 8)

Yes, same story as you. Ritalin as a kid, etc. I took Adderall for some of the time I was on Suboxone. I never abused it, but apparently, those of us with ADHD have no desire to.

I really disliked the Adderall, so I switched to Vyvanse for a little while, and then I just decided to call it a day. The Vyvanse worked much better, but I think it was super expensive or something....can't remember. The weirdest thing was that I absolutely could not sleep when I stopped taking those meds. Go figure.

I am a very scattered and OCD person, so I understand where you are coming from. If I were you, I'd try Provigil if you need something. I have heard good things about it. There is something sharp about Adderall that the newer ones don't have. I believe they are digested in your intestines as well or something. I can't remember, but Vyvanse was a much better med that Adderall for me.

Good luck!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

THANKS GUYS

you're all awesome, by the way 8) 8) 8)

it looks like Im gonna have at least a week off from work. UGGGH, that does NOT help my symptoms, LOL
gotta laugh, so I dont FREAK OUT :D

on the bright side, my house is REAL clean!!!!!
the car too!!!!!

anyways, I do have some of my old records, I actually dug them outta the file cabinet today, to SEE if they even said anything about adderal/ritalin. . . . . and they do. it also said, I ran outta my narcotics perscriptions, WAY too early. LOL
really??????

so, I'll take those with me, to the doctor.
Im going to call tomrow and see on the off-chance I can get my appt moved up. I can't deal with this another two weeks, if Im gonna be home. LOL
I wont be sitting around, you can bet on that. I already offered to pressure wash pretty much every house around me, for $50 a pop. LOL
I even got a couple takers!!!!!

thanks again.
I'll definitely let you all know how it goes.
I have heard that everybody's different of course, and some meds work better for others, while some dont work at all, blah blah blah.
It seems like adderal is the most popular, by far.
I think they do have a generic now, for Vyvanse, or however you spell it!!!!

good thing you're all wishing me good luck, cuz Im gonna NEED IT
LOL :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

amber-4 ' i been on provigil and switched to nuvigil . i have been on it for all most 2 years. it works well for about over a year for me but now i don't seem to note's much being on it. but if i cut down a low dose i just get more tired. it's much more safe
than adderal i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know in my addiction, my bipolar symptoms were pretty much "washed out" by the chaos of my using. Not just that. Because I was spending most of my time either using or in withdrawal, my state of mind was pretty much dictated by that cycle.

Even the most sane, mentally stable person in active addiction will become suicidal, anxious, scattered and messed up. That's the symptoms of the cycle of addiction. And those symptoms are so full-on that our mental health issues can often get lost in the noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

it seems strange how a sickness as bad as bi-polar can get noised out in addiction and may be drugs are strong enough to do this. its no wounder why some mentally ill use. and they won't treat one until they are sober. i agree with t-jay on this one.
add - adhd can be just as compl-.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Part of me thought, I should maybe put this in "laughter is the best medicine"
but it's really about the issue at hand, so here we go...........................

Saw my good ol' doctor today. . . . . .
Explained that my therapist has been after me for awhile to get these symptoms under control, and well frankly, its gotten worse and worse, so here I am...........
He already knew what I previously had been on, much to my surprise :shock:
I asked if there were any other meds, he thought were "abuse proof"
he asked me a few different ways, like trying to 'trick' me, LOL ,, (Im not sure exacty) IF I ever abused my meds, when I was on them before.
I said, no , of course not that I could really remember. he asked alot more questions, about how it made me feel then, why I waited so long to ask, etc, etc.
Then he said, OK, we're gonna do some tests.
OK, im game
the first test, was a clapping test.
he says,,,,,, If I clap once, you clap twice, If I clap twice, you dont clap.
He says,
do you understand? I say NO, I wasnt listening.
So, it took three times, of him saying it, before I 'got it'
LOL
we start, the test
the first few, I did great. then I forgot the instructions. seriously, I forgot the instructions he gave me three times!!!!
he says, are you failing on purpose???
I say,,, I thought if I PASSED it, I was ADD???
he laughs.
next test............
he puts his computer screen in front of me,,,,,,,,,
says Im gonna show you some pictures, and then ask you some questions, k?
I say,
dirty pictures?????
LOL
no, he says, not dirty pictures, I know, its gonna be boring.
LOL
first picture was of a bedroom. I think I got to look at it 5 seconds??? maybe not.
Anyways he says.
where was the lamp, in the room???
I say
the door was really short, compared to the window, the drapes didnt match the carpet and the lamp was ON but the SUN was out side the window. but I dont know where the lamp was other than kinda by the sun.
LOL
next picture,,,, was of a park, with a road kinda in the background
he asks,,,,,
name three things in the playground
I say
there were no licesense plates on the cars,
no grass on the playground,
and by the way there were NO kids at the playground???
does that count??
he laughs, and says, I think we are done now.

He gave me the generic adderall.,,, like what I had before. a lower dose though, cuz even the generic adderal is kinda spendy.
we'll see how it goes.
I see him agian in a month.
Im not worried I'll abuse my meds, at all really.
I just want to be able to focus, and think straight, that would be a nice change of pace :roll:
maybe not forget my list of what not to forget all the time.

thanks for putting up with me, everybody :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wouldn't worry about abusing your meds. You've been diagnosed by more than one professional as ADHD, which means you will not get the effect of an amphetamine from taking the Adderall. It will instead slow you down and allow you to focus. It will only act as a stimulant to those people who are not ADD/ADHD.

Good job being assertive and asking your doctor to address your needs. KUDOS! I hope you feel better and can focus now.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ya know Amber, you crack me up!!! I think you and I have the same sense of humor!!! My mental picture of all of this going down, probably makes it that much funnier! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that you already said that you aren't worried about abusing your meds....why would you be anyway, if it didn't do anything for you but make you feel focused. Besides, if you are anything like every other addict in the world, you've probably tried that years and years and years ago, and realized that you wouldn't get a thing out of it. Not to mention, you are SO far along in your recovery, and have gotten so much back, that I can't see you throwing it away over a silly thing like that. Your post in the thread about "the little things" (the tearjerker), tells me that you are so much smarter than that anyway.

I'm so happy for you, and so glad that things worked out for you at the doctor! I know that you and I talked on the phone after that appointment, but somehow the way you typed it out, just made it that much funnier! I'm surprised you didn't attach a youtube video! LOL!

Anyway, congratulations on your good news!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL, you're so silly dude!! I can just see you trying to do the clapping test....and failing miserably....not that I would do any better!! LOL!!

I'm glad you put so much thought into getting on these meds. After all, we are addicts. I think the fact that you considered getting on this med with so much care and respect says a lot about you and your recovery and I applaud you for that. LOL, I said applaud....but you failed your clapping test. HA!

Anyway, I'm glad you were so careful going into this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

THANKS EVERYBODY :wink: :wink: :wink:

seriously, thankyou.
sometimes this 'disorder' can make you feel soooo very frustrated. Cuz you know, you really are trying to do good.
you are TRYING so very much to pay attention. but it's like the harder you try, the worse it gets???

im not sure!!!
anyways, TODAY, was great.
I just went with a half dose today, to ease into things, control the side effects a lil bit.
Almost immeditely
I felt a sense of calmness, and instead of my thoughts running at a thousand miles an hour thru my head, they were kinda 'floating' by, and I could concentrate on whatever I tried to. Still not for very long, at a time, but it's definitely progress. and tomrow I'll go ahead and take the normal dose.
My perscription was just under $50 (thirty days worth)
so I really hope I dont need an increase in dosage. I'd really like to stay at this amount.

My boss said he noticed he didnt have to repeat himself two to three times with things, he only had to repeat himself once, and that only happened a couple times today. whereas his 'usual' routine with me, is to ask at least twice, then "I got it" I say. LOL
I guess, I didnt even realize it was THAT bad.
im not going to dwell on that now, though. Becuase its getting better!!!

and you were right hatmaker, I didnt feel any 'stimulant' type effects. I felt the opposite,
calm, focosed and whatever the opposite is for 'stressed out'
LOL

I felt like I could 'wait my turn' while talking too.
sometimes (ok, maybe alot) I interupt, and dont really notice until the person looks irritated. then Im like WHAT the F is wrong with them?? and it hits me like a ton of bricks, that Ive been interupting them with my "thoughts'' the entire time.
LOL
Before it was kinda like, oh that reminds me!!! and I gotta tell you before I forget again!!!
but the person your talking to, just sees it as an interuption. LOL

so, anyways,
all good news today.
you guys made me feel so much better, too.
Honestly,,,,,, YOU DO
its nice not to feel so much like a freak of nature!!!!
(I know I sorta am, though, but in a good way?)

oh, and Im back to work a few days a week. That helps, too.
I can pressure-wash on weekends, though :wink: if I need to!!!!

SERIOUSLY, thanks for all the support 8) 8) 8)

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I struggle with ADHD and have for just about as long as I can remeber. I was on Ritalin also as a kid but it was so long ago I can't recall if it helped. The ADHD is at a point where it effects my relationship with my girlfriend I.e ask me questions/ tells me stories or ask me something to do and I completely forget and she thinks it's because I don't listen to her and that's not the case. My problem is I have had two doctors and they refuse to prescribe me anything for ADHD eXcept for intuniv and I tired intuniv and it made me way to tired I had to stop taking it since I have a extremely phisicaly demanding job. It makes sense why they won't give it to me but I really have no intention of abusing it. All I want it help. Any ideas of what I can do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I understand why they are 'concerned' with 'us folks' abusing it, too........

but, just like others have said, it definitely doesnt affect ME, like a 'stimulant'
and they should TOTALLY take that into consideration!!!!!

the best advice I can give you,,,,,,,,,,
Is to do what I did,,,,,,,,,,,,and see a therapist (I see an addiction specialist) and talk to them about it. They have tests now for it,,, not just the ones I talked about above, LOL
I dont think those really prove too much. But I did a few with the therapist, over the course of a few months. We did other things too, like breathing excersises that DID help my anxiety, but it was short-lived at best.

Anyways, I think it made a HUGE difference having the 'referall' from my therapist.

And, I dont know if you have insurance? but the doctor told me, they have a form of adderall out now, that is 'less abusable' or something like that, like you can break it up and it's time realeased. BUT, its EXPENSIVE !!!!

I think thats the only reason I got the generic. theres NO WAY I would be able to afford the name brand one.
OH, and that Ive been seeing my doctor for just short of a year and half, with no bad drug tests/missed appointments or anything like that. In the begining, I got 'called in' alot for drug tests/counts and I always did well.

Anyways, I hope that helps.
This disorder is a bitch sometimes!!!!
LOL
I know exactly what you mean,,,, about people thinking your not listening. its NOT becuase we arent TRYING!!!
and books? fugetaabuudit!!!

Good Luck,,,,,,,

That's TRUE STRENGTH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Both my 14 yo son and myself are diagnosed ADD. As I have said in some other posts, I went to substance abuse treatment at age 15 in 1985. There was no such animal as ADD in OK at the time. My mother had no idea how to deal with a teen that had run away at 13 and not come back until 15. Yes, I had smoked weed by that age(much younger even) but had no idea what a true addiction was at the time. All I knew was that beginning at puberty, I had very little focus, was overly impulsive and didn't know what was coming out of my own mouth. And once the mouth spoke, by god, the ass was following! So I went through that time with no diagnosis other than problem child. It was only later in my 30's after my son was starting to show signs of ticks and hyperactivity, that I went to another therapist to discuss my racing mind, impulsivity, and other symptoms. I have been on adder all for approximately 6 years. It was the change that I needed. Doesn't work as speed for me, if it did, the opiate addiction may not have had such an appeal for me. I never even checked up through the suboxone. Luckily for me, the doctor I got the suboxone from is my psychiatrist. Had I not moved to a new state, I would definitely have continued down the pain management route. I had gotten up to 15mg morphine 4x/d and 20mg roxycodone 4x/d. Progressed into snorting, and of course got to the point that none of it made the pain go away! Had I not gone to a new psychiatrist here and actually read their forward page as a new patient, I would still be on the pain meds. And that road was getting me nowhere fast. I am hopefully about through the hardest part of all of this but were it not for my adderall, my mind would really be a mess. I am on 20mg 2x/d and have tried a few times to go without it. My wife claims I am night and day different when not taking it. She likes me focused. My son was on strattera for a time but it did nothing for his chaos. So we discontinued due to possible side effects. Not worth the risk if not really helping him. He is very erratic right now but we have been lucky enough to give him ample love and direction to keep him put. Sure, he is threatening to run away, but even he doesn't believe it when he says it.

Don't ever let anybody convince you that karma is not real. I am living proof that whatever you do comes back to you times 3! 3 boys, 1st one ADD and testing the boundaries. Other 2 fixing to hit puberty with no apparent issues yet but I'm bracing...D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI Derailjr..................

thanks for sharing your story with us :D

Sometimes it seems like non-adhd/add folks have NO idea what 'us' adhd/add folks are talking about!!!!
or they think we're being rude when we interupt, or have to think for a minute about what we wanted to say. Its a frustrating disorder........... I think it's especially hard when your young, and in school,
thats when I had the hardest time with it. I did NOT want to sit at my freakin desk!!! and I could daydream with the best of'm. LOL

Im fairly certain, my son (almost 4 now) has at least some degree of adhd/add. I know I'll find out sooner or later. but Ive already told his dr. I dont want to medicate him unless it becomes ABSOLUTELY necessary.
I have very mixed feelings about it. Maybe when he gets older, I'll change my mind, but for now I feel like he's just too young to 'test' for anything.

It sounds like your a very loving/understanding parent, and as long as your doing your best,,,,,
well, thats all any one of us CAN do.

good luck with everything. Hope ya stick around here :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject: Some more on this topic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I went back through and actually finished reading all of your posts on this amber. How are you doing now? Everybody is right! You are one silly chick! I can't even remember what the individual tests were that I did but hearing you recount your experience with testing, made me say, "I've got a long lost twin sister" :D It is amazing to me that we with the condition seem to be so similar. In my head, it's all bs and I should be able to do it without any kind of medication. My brain tells me that the diagnosis is made up and we're a society of wooses. However, that's my insanity, if I come off my adderall I quickly lose the little focus I have. I say quickly, it actually takes about a week before your body excretes the last of your reserves. Unfortunately I know because I have tried to abuse the damn things before(surprising, I know) :lol: When I first started taking the stuff I thought, woohoo!, I have legal speed. It took all of 1 or 2 attempts to discover that I could eat way too many of them and go right to sleep. Some speed, huh. After those tries, I gave up on abusing them and just take them like I'm supposed to and have for years now. It's like my vitamin in the morning. However, the addict in me had to try again that first day or two of sub free life. To my horror, nothin!!!

My point here is that if you are like me sis, the adderall is just an improvement for us! Even those few times I have run out before it was refill time, I had no ill effects being out for up to a week. I did discover that the instant release was better for me than the extended but that's individual for all of us too.

The only thing that bothers me about the whole ADD thing is that I have passed this gene on to another generation. I have even cried about it at times. I remember how bad it was for me as a teen runaway, and I feel for my boy. I just hope that he never feels like he has to run to be ok. My wife and I have really struggled about the age old question of to medicate or not to medicate. Strattera was a bust. At 14, I don't want to mess his growing body up, but then I think, if I could give him the focus I have gotten from adderall, wouldn't he have a much better chance getting through these teen times without the pitfalls that I encountered. Hell, I lost my security clearance because of some stupid shit I told those idiots in treatment back in 1985. Had I only been diagnosed then, maybe I would not have had to take that honorable discharge 16 years too early. I LOVED the Navy and would be retired now at 42. But as of yet, we are not medicating him. Just trying to keep him as centered as possible with all of the chaos in his head.

I hope this finds you well...D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol:
Sometimes, that doctor of mine looks at me like Im truely insane!!!! :lol: :lol:
But, I dont care.
So, Im doing pretty well.......He started me out on 20mg. The first couple days, I did have a decreased appetite, but that went away completely, by the end of the first week. LOL
The second week, I could definitely feel my body 'getting used' to it again. I cant remember what my dose was before, I think it was like 60mg a day. Anyways, the second week, I totally felt the anxiety returning, along with my general 'scatterdness'
(is that a word?) by lunch time or so. . . .
well, my doctor said to 'contact' him if I wanted to change my dose, or had problems or whatever.
Monday, I wrote a 'note' cuz I SUCK on the phone, I stutter and THINK I sound like an idiot, which makes me sound like MORE of an idiot!!!!
so, I write this note and drop it by the office saying just what I just said, plus that I tried taking a half pill in the morning and a half pill in the afternoon, which was 'smoother' but not much 'relief' of anxiety/restlessness/scatteredshit LOL

today was WEDS, and I still haven't heard from him!!!!! so, I dont know if I should NOT be taking the second one in the afternoon, but I have been :roll:
And it definitely is helping.
So, I guess first thing in the morning Im gonna call and see if I can get in, to see him. I hope so.

other than that, the difference is freaking AMAZING.
seriously,,,,,,,, I thought I'd have a lil MORE focus than I do, but that's okay. the thing that shocked me,,, was how much
anxiety LEFT.
guess I didnt realize it was THAT bad???? But, my days have been just SOOOOO much better. Easier, all the way around.
when something IS stressing me out, its not the END OF THE WORLD!!!
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just for an example,
before I started the meds, I'd be driving to work and be thinking,,,,,,,,,,
am I gonna get a flat tire??
is that noise the engine exploding?
is that car gonna VEER over the line and slam into me?
when will I die??
what's my son doing at school?
are my brakes catching on fire???

SERIOUSLY..........and that's just an example!!! Anything else I did, was about the same way, the same irratic thought process..... I mean no FREAKING wonder, I cant pay attention!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So yes,
we "add'ers" are OUR OWN BREED
and Im already seeing signs of my son being the same way as I was as a kid.
I think I'll be pretty "anti" medicating for him, until he is older. These days Im really paying attention to his diet and things like that. making sure he has something to do ALWAYS.

So, thats about it, from me!!!!! Wish me luck with my damn doctor!!! LOL
Im sure it'll be fine, I mean, I was thinking if he were THAT against me 'upping' the dose, he woulda called right?
LOL, there I go, trying to stress myself out!!!!!!

Glad to see ya around here............and maybe you are my long lost brother???? LOL!!!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject: Dosage
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would say as long as you are not getting the shakes and not going over 40mg/day the first couple of weeks, your body will find it's middle. Took mine a couple of weeks too. Had some hand trembling for about 2 weeks and then it was gone. Good luck....D