It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I read that it takes about a week to get sub out of your system to pass a drug test that tests for bup. Is there any way to get urine clean of suboxone faster? I have heard of pounding water and vitamin B. Does anyone know any other ways?

I don't know if I will be tested or not -- I have to wait and see if I get the job. If I DO get it and realize that there will not be a week's time before the test, I will at least have the chance to decline the offer. But this is my dream job, and I was recommended to the department head, so that is why I want to do my best to get my urine clean in case 7 days just so happens to not be long enough to get the urine clean, that at least some tips like chugging water will increase my chances of getting the urine clean in a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can go to gnc fitness and get a body cleanser to take the day of the test if you really dont think youll b clean after 7 days. I would recommend omni detox with the small bottle and four pills. I would be honest you have written script so whats the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey IM,

When I quit Suboxone, I had bought some Buprenorphine test strips to see when my system was "clear" of Bupe and I was getting negatives for Bupe after only 3 or 4 days.

But, like Bboy said, if you're getting your script legally, then there really shouldn't be any kind of problem. The lab will test for narcotics. IF they even test for Bupe and you do come up positive, they'll call you to see if you have a legit script. You just tell them the name of your pharmacy and then they call and verify. All the lab will report to your employer is that you didn't have any illegal substances in your sample and you should be good to go. That's what happened to me when I got drug tested.

Good luck with the new job!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Unfortunately it's not always as simple as providing a script for some jobs.. There are jobs out there that prohibit an employee from using subs (or any narcotic) - even when legally prescribed. I would imagine the health care fieldwould probably fall into that category- though I have no first hand knowledge, it would make sense..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Bboy your method sounds great! Although I get paranoid that the people can tell when you have put something through your body by the consistency or the smell or the color if it is off. Any experience with this? For example, when you take a bunch of vitamin b (b12 maybe?) it makes your piss highlighter yellow, and this might make them send it to the lab and the lab might be able to pick it up (i dunno?). I do suppose that the products are supposed to make it so that all of these factors would not matter, though.

Romeo it's great to hear that it only took 3 or 4 days!

I do not have a script

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree with the others. I wouldnt worry too much, especially if you have a prescription.

I am an RN who just got hired at a new place. I had to take a drug test last week and I am on sub. They didnt ask what meds I am on....just gave me the test and said they will call if there were any problems. I never did get a call and started my awesome new job today! Thank God its an office setting and there are no medications to tempt me. I know doctors cant be on sub though.

I dont think many places even test for sub right now.

If you have to get off, I would just drink alot of water a the week before the test. Not on the day of though or your urine could be too diluted.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

invisiblemovement wrote:
Bboy your method sounds great! Although I get paranoid that the people can tell when you have put something through your body by the consistency or the smell or the color if it is off. Any experience with this? For example, when you take a bunch of vitamin b (b12 maybe?) it makes your piss highlighter yellow, and this might make them send it to the lab and the lab might be able to pick it up (i dunno?). I do suppose that the products are supposed to make it so that all of these factors would not matter, though.

Romeo it's great to hear that it only took 3 or 4 days!

I do not have a script

I used this detox many times during active addiction and never once had a issue with the urine being in question of any tampering. Besides the fact that it's not cheap to send a sample to the lab to test for any tampering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you go to GNC to get the product Bboy recommended, do NOT tell them you're trying to pass a drug test, they will NOT sell you the product if you tell them you're trying to pass a drug test. Just tell them you're into exercise and you want to purge toxins from your body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
If you go to GNC to get the product Bboy recommended, do NOT tell them you're trying to pass a drug test, they will NOT sell you the product if you tell them you're trying to pass a drug test. Just tell them you're into exercise and you want to purge toxins from your body.

Really? I told the lady every time i had a test coming up and never once had the slightest problem guess times change. They know why people buy it thats why its locked up and you have to ask for it.

Post subject: Detection times
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

According to Redwood Toxicology Laboratory, Suboxone is 95% secreted from a single dose in approxomately 144 hours. This is for urine as I recall.

In blood plasma, clearance occurs much faster.

Staying hydrated , well hydrated could possibly increase clearance time in urine.

Certain herbs can be used to alter the metabolization of suboxone. Some research into how drugs and/or herbs work with the metabolism of suboxone can be found. One could specifically look for things thjat may affect the CYP3A4 enzyme. Reportedly, this is the primary enzyme in the liver which is mostly responsible for the metabolism of buprenorphine to norbuprenorphine.