It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:39 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

My husband and I love watching tv late at night with each other we cuddle and laugh or that's our aim we enjoy watching Netflix at night and I have recently watched series like weeds breaking bad orange is the new black so someone please let me know if you guys enjoy a show on Netflix so my is band and I can watch it please. Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Love the shows you just mentioned. I just finished Orange is the new black recently, it's great.

Have you watched House of Cards? It's the best show on TV, aside from breaking bad. It's not funny.. so you won't be laughing but it's an amazing political drama. Kevin Spacey is brill.

If you want to die laughing you can watch the Louis CK comedy specials. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I love Louis ck he is a really funny and quite smart person he can make you laugh but his comedy have some rational thoughts even with political stuff you think damn that is so true lol. And house of cards ill have to check it out but I mainly enjoy funny stuff though my husband and I love to laugh its the best medicine and great way to make a shitty day better.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

VEEP makes me laugh. Do you watch that series? I'm not sure if it's available on Netflix but I imagine so..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:02 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have ne'er even heard of it where are you from and what channels it usually comes on cause I actually don't even have cable, as a family we try to stay away from tv but my husband and I watch Netflix at night but my son can only watch movies and they have to be mom approved. Lol I prefer him to play outside really he gets his energy out and not sucked into tv too

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:28 am 

Do they have "The Walking Dead" on Netflix? Excellent show, but pretty gory and intense. I've been interested to watch "Nurse Jackie" with Edie Falco. She goes through addiction to pain meds on the show so it might be triggering to some people.

The first season of The Following with Kevin Bacon was very good. I find Modern Family very funny. I'm sure I'll think of more later! :)

I don't have Netflix so I hope I'm not giving you bad suggestions. I watch most of my TV on Hulu.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Netflix has some DAMN good Documentaries....especially the ones on Meth and such...
If you to see some of them, search for the one by Val Kilmer, "American Meth"
Also, "The House I Live In"..."World's Deadliest Drug"...

I'm in some beta programs and one just happens to be for Roku...I'm beta testing a Roku box (it's a streaming player that you put your Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Crackle, Vudu HD, HboGO, etc logins into it and it streams all the stuff for you, to your TV. Has HDMI and RCA hookups)..so I have been asked to watch as much as possible with the Roku box, and found quite a few this way. I already purchased a Roku 3 back in March, but when they ask for people to test a streaming media device, I had no idea it would be another Roku..but they are great little boxes.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Two words:

Mad Men

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

You know watching people take pills in tv doesn't trigger me for pills but watch people do coke on tv triggers me sometimes. But I don't do it either way and I love walking dead I have never seen the rest you mentioned and I want to try and get into mad men right now I'm trying my hand at sci fy which I normally do not watch except for walking dead but I enjoy it so far

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Do they have "The Walking Dead" on Netflix? Excellent show, but pretty gory and intense. I've been interested to watch "Nurse Jackie" with Edie Falco. She goes through addiction to pain meds on the show so it might be triggering to some people.

The first season of The Following with Kevin Bacon was very good. I find Modern Family very funny. I'm sure I'll think of more later! :)

I don't have Netflix so I hope I'm not giving you bad suggestions. I watch most of my TV on Hulu.

Amy

Nurse jackie is great. I love that show.

I finally got the apple tv streaming device and I love it. It's really user friendly, as most apple products are ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm beta testing for a company, and they added something yesterday called "M-Go". They also gave $60 in credits to watch movies, and the stuff is quite recent too. Watched Scary Movie 5, wife watched The Host too. Going to watch Pain N Gain and Snitch today...

Sucks that the box is having problems, which is normal in a beta, but I hope I can get the scrolling issue I'm having to stop on a movie I want to watch...otherwise I might not get to see the two I mentioned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

there's a movie called "OXYMORONS"
on there, as well.

I really found it interesting.... it definitely doesn't make using "romantic" like some movies/tv does.
but it's based on the whole, oxys-making-people go APESHIT in the late 90s, and how they started robbing pharmacies in Boston.

All I really have is netflix right now, NO cable or anything. You don't get any channels "free" out here in the sticks... LOL

Anyway, give it a try ,,, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This isn't related to Netflix, but I'd like to also add that NatGeo started a new season of "Drugs, INC" on Sunday night, and it's a pretty interesting show. Those who have the chance, or a DVR, watch it, pretty informative.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I recently watched Cleopatra with the talented beauty legend Miss Elizabeth Taylor. The drag queen in me was very impressed. A must see! Very dramatic. 4 hours long and makes for a good night when hubby out of town.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:02 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Netflix and Hulu they're both good. I use Netflix because it has a lot of movies, and i love watching movies. Hulu is better with the TV shows/cartoons. All depends on what you watch more. It'sprobably better to get both though.
http://www.streamingvpn.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi friends...I'm new here and glad I found a place where people understand what I go through and the struggles if a lifetime of a love affair of opiates & struggles with addiction. Believe it or not but my addictions to any drug I took to make me not feel pain physically or emotionally really started when I was 3 years old and had a series of ear operations until I was 7. I remember VIVIDLY the feeling I had going under the mask (early 70's that's just the way they did any surgery.) I think I've been chasing that high my entire life due to a less than charmed childhood filled with traumatic events, broken, neglectful, abusive family. At 13 a foot surgery where I was scribed dilaudid, Alcohol, weed nixed w the wrong crowd ended me in rehab when I was 14 where I learned about the real hard drugs. I was just happy to spend a summer vacation away from my family who sent me there bc they didn't want to deal w me anyways. Moving forward throughout HS at parties; booze, Vicodin, shrooms, weed, acid, meth and a full blown freebasing cocaine addiction by 17 and another 20 years of not a day without an opiate in my system. After the norcos and perks mixed w benzos weren't thrilling enuf for me I discovered the old school original formula of OC's. Spent over 60k on that combined w another stint w crack addiction mixed with up to 8-10. 80's day. Another stint in rehab for 60 days 6 years ago still didn't do it. So I was scribed subs which helped for awhile and then broke a bone & had surgery again so back on ok Perc's again to oxycodone no Tylenol to Opana which is now the new pharmaceutical heroin. I'm back on subs again and every day is still a struggle but I get through it. I was reading some posts that said folks could never not take pills and sell them too. Absolutely TRUE! I guess I just wanted to introduce myself w a synopsis of where I've been cuz I feel I might have found a board where ppl "get it" finally? It's not for any sympathy at all that I share my experiences. Maybe it's just to share some common ground?? Anyways..., Glad I'm here and I have seen the movie Oxymorons. It's a low budget indie flick and free in Netflix. I Highly recommend it and it doesn't glamorize the lifestyle in any way shape of the form. Thanks for letting me share . Def a good movie to watch for anyone who's still on the teeter totter like I've been of thinking life usbt that bad on pills when the reality is I hate waking up sick, I hate scrounging for $ to get my fix, I hate desperately looking to find the pills I need, I hate thinking of heroin as a cheaper option, I hate lying to my new family, I hate losing jobs and being broke all the time! Thanks for letting me share!!! Peace out & make it thru another day...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You got years of Breaking Bad on netflix--- has to be the best series ever. Just finished Mad Men.... now I'm fascinated by the idea of drinking Brandy and smoking a cigarette every breakfast....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like I was the last one here. I just discovered 'an idiot abroad' on Netflix, streamable.... worth a look. The first part of each episode is boring---- I like Ricky Gervais, but his laugh gets a little annoying... but then each show takes you to a new country, from the vantage of a regular person-- not a jet-setter. The 'host' captures exactly how I feel when I'm traveling someplace that is too 'different'.... after seeing the public toilets in China and India, I'm content with the winters in Wisconsin.

Beyond Netflix, I've been checking out a couple old 'skinemax' series.... Banshee is good, if you can get used to the combination of Amish and nude scenes....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

There's a shoe called Derek starring Ricky Gervasis that was made only for netflix. It's a great show! Funny and sad at the same time. Also, if you enjoy history, The Tudors is really good too! Lots of great documentaries also!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ooh.. my two latest shows are season 2 of house of cards - can't get enough! And True Detective on HBO. This show is brilliant. BRILLIANT.