It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought that I would start my own thread here about Ibogaine and open it up for anyone to add to it. Lets try and keep the subject on This mode of treatment. I welcome any negative and positives research. Please add the place or link that you got it (since we are allowed) if you can. I know I did a lot of research this pass year and didnt keep all links. My bad.

Not that I want to monitor what is being said nor do I want to limited what is being said. Just as long as it is about Ibogaine. One can post their experience, good or bad, success or failure. Add any other film or thing from you tube or what ever. I want to hear and share it all.

Let me say by no means by having this thread am I trying to say Ibogaine is better then suboxone or Methadone. Ibogaine is just a option that is available to us. I think any options should be discussed. After all our goal is to recover from our addictions. Not have to suffered with them the rest of our life.

I will start it off with what I have from my research. I have to say I didnt keep the link that I got this from so srry. I will try to keep links from here on out when I find something new. I posted this under my experience but will start off with it here too so all can be in one place.

Ibogaine works, it is believed, by filling in the receptor sites that the opiate molecules once sought, ending the craving for the drug, while at the same time metabolizing in the liver into noribogaine, which is thought to have powerful detoxifying and anti-depressant properties. The million dollar jackpot is that ibogaine can eliminate the exceedingly painful opiate withdrawal process, sometimes in a single dose. In effect, it has the power to hit the reset button on the brain's neurotransmitter mechanism.

The abolition of withdrawal co-incides with the first, ibogaine peak not the nor-ibogaine peak. This is consistent with the action of the synthetic 18-MC, which doesn't have either n-methyl-d-aspartate activity (think ketamine) or a particularly active metabolite; but IS active via apha 3 beta 4 nicotinic acetyl-choline blockade and at the kappa opiate receptor, like ibogaine.

Also, even small amounts of ibogaine have been found to express a growth factor, GDNF, which not only regenerates dopamine neurons but back-signals to the cell nucliei to express more GDNF, setting up a benign auto-regulating loop that continues to re-sprout dopamine neurons even after the nor-ibogaine effect fades. THIS is the explanation both of the persistent effect, and ibogaine's efficacy against pyscho-stimulants and cigarettes.

Post subject: more info
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just recently got ahold of this. I have been looking for any studies on the success or long term outcomes. This is what I found so far.

http://www.maps.org/ibogaine/ioa-1_maps ... 2.2009.pdf

I wish and still looking for all the research that Dr Nash put out. She ran a clinic (though very expensive) on St. kitts and I think treated over 800 folks. Not one death that I am aware of. I know that many of her clients went on and became strong advocates of iboga. Some are still treating addicts in the US with the UG. Some went on and open clinics in Mexico and Canada.

enjoy the reading.

Birdie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Here some eye opening infomation on Ibogaine and how far the US got with it... also explains why or how the funding was pulled.

http://youtu.be/TUPFHF8khxY

http://youtu.be/qDjyUlrTUpU

this is from some Doctor that from what I understand is very involved.