It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:32 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey everyone,

So I have been curious for quite some time about taking a daily vitamin (or something of that sort) because I have trouble fitting vegetables along with other key sources of nutrition in my diet on a regular basis. I've experienced some pretty bad constipation while being on suboxone. I've tried a stool softener but it wasn't giving me much relief. I feel like optimal health begins with regular bowel movements, so alleviating the constipation is my current goal.

I'm sure exercising more and having a more well-rounded diet would be ideal in addition to taking this, but I am pretty much just in need of a good multivitamin/supplement in the meantime that could be somewhat of a replacement (if that the right term). I usually start my day off with an apple and banana but to tell the truth I don't really notice any difference in well-being.

I went to the store with the mission to find a good one, but it was so overwhelming the number of choices available. All of which seemed to advertise a product that was the answer to all my wildest dreams yet they were all so diverse in what vitamins were in each.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm afraid I don't have any really stellar advice for you, as I've not had that side effect from the subs. I just take a regular multi vitamin, One a Day Women's formula, and find it to be sufficient for me, along with healthy foods. I do however still eat some junk food though. ( working on that)! ;-)I have some friends and family that take meds that cause constipation and swear by a product called miralax.
However,I do know that vitamins with lots of iron or iron supplements can often cause constipation or make it worse. Hope someone with more info for you comes along soon! :-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:42 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for your reply!

I'll certainly look into that about iron. I too eat tons of junk food which has gotta be making it worse. I'm in college so i don't eat a lot of "old fashioned home cooked meals" overflowing in nutrition. I was told by my doctor how great miralax was and all the positive feedback from his other patients, but for some reason it didn't really help me. Appreciate your information nonetheless!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 am 
New Poster
New Poster

those chew-able fiber supplements should be a daily thing. Also a higher than normal dose of ex-lax as needed. I was trying to pass a drug test one day and was dirty as hell. I literally kept drinking water as much as I possible could for hours. I wasn't just urinating like crazy. Make sure your drinking a lot of water!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Rzemieniecki wrote:
those chew-able fiber supplements should be a daily thing. Also a higher than normal dose of ex-lax as needed. I was trying to pass a drug test one day and was dirty as hell. I literally kept drinking water as much as I possible could for hours. I wasn't just urinating like crazy. Make sure your drinking a lot of water!!!

Water! The bare minimum 64 oz, but if you could get it up to a gallon a day you would be shocked at how the problem resolves. Good luck, CC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I wouldn't recommend this if you've had any issues with amphetamines or if you're on any amphetamines, but if not I find that taking xantrex (diet pill) in the morning helps. The bottle says you can take up to four a day but all you'll need is one. It has lots of natural caffeines and stuff that stimulates your digestive system which let's face it, always slows down a little on sub. Still look into the vitamins but I'm just saying that it can help in the mean time until you find a more holistic approach that works, sometimes it can take a while to find a way to get your body to absorb the vitamins in supplements and food. My doctor had me doing Intramuscular injections of b12 3 times a week for this reason, because I wasn't absorbing it in what I ate.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks much for the replies! I'll check into the fiber supplements and the xantrex. I probably drink more than 64oz of water daily which helps so many different things. It really is so important. I take an antihistamine (unisom/diphenhydramine) just about daily to help me sleep which causes dehydration very easily, regardless how much water I drink.