It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am worried that the obstetrician I have will not know anything about taking care of a pregnant women on subs. I am nervous about him not knowing if the baby needs to be monitored more than normal? What happens with the epidural and pain management during labor? Pain management is a large concern for me because I'm unsure if I will be in agony and not given an pain medication because of the suboxone. I worry that if Doctors are not experienced with this they may just avoid treating any pain. I am also worried about finding a suboxone Doctor who knows how to handle a pregnant women.

I am just curious if any women on here are from or close to my town in pennsylvania? I was just hoping that maybe someone could recommend a Doctor who had experience with treating a pregnant women on subs. If you are from pennsylvania you may contact me privately to see if we are anywhere near each other. I am about 5 hours from Harrisburg...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Abbylin. I can't help you with your specific requests but I wanted to respond and welcome you to the forum. I hope you find what you're looking for here. Obviously I don't know anything about your situation - if you're already on sub or already pregnant - but I think you're asking all the right questions and doing so ahead of time is smart. I also wanted to share some of Dr. Junig's post about suboxone and pregnancy. http://suboxonetalkzone.com/?cat=53

Good luck!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you very much for the information and the warm welcome. I posted my story under Pregnant on sub illegally, will CPS be called.