It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Anyone have any good experiences with rapid detox. i am looking into this and have done a lot of research and calling to find a place that actually seems like they care about getting patients off opiates. I won't mention the name as not to sound like an ad, but these people actually take your pills away and they let you contact past patients with their permission of course. I plan on going in a few months and was wondering if anyone had success with any of these places.

I have only a physical addiction. I have no desire to get high, i don't drink, i just need of these pills. Got stuck on them due to a back surgery. Basically i don't need some kind of therapy or a lesson on how thats a good idea. I know i ain't gonna get a one day cure, but if i can avoid %90 of the first week worst withdrawals i'll make it through the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey nightmare...

I would not suggest going the rapid detox route. I have not met one person who has had a positive experience. There is a huge discrepancy between what they promise, and what they deliver. I've done a rapid-detox myself as well, and I tell you it's not exactly a withdrawal cure.

Given your pain issues, understand that when you leave the clinic, you will be in a state of hyperalgesia - ie heightened sensitivity to pain. This is because of lingering withdrawals (rapid-detox never rids of ALL the withdrawals I've found) and remaining presence of naltrexone in your system. You may not be "addicted" to opioids as such, but it sounds like you haven't really tried to live without them yet, so it's hard to know exactly how much you will crave "pain relief" once you leave the clinic and are in that painful post-rapid detox daze.

But most of all, if you are not addicted to opioids and have no desire to abuse them, why not just taper off your pain pills? That would be the smartest thing to do IMO. It seems completely unnecessary to punish yourself, your body and your bank balance by going through the difficult rapid-detox process.

Rapid-detox is incredibly taxing on the body. It is a very painful process where they use an anaesthetic, or large quantities of benzos, to knock someone out so they don't feel it at the time. But once those drugs wear off, the patient often feels like they've been KO'd and find it hard to find their bearings. It does feel like the body's been put through the ringer.

Be kind to yourself. Just taper off your pain pills? If you have no desire to abuse / take more than prescribed, then there's no reason why this can't be achieved. If not, you could always do a 6-7 day buprenorphine detox. That would be much less taxing on the body than a rapid detox imo.

Given you're not addicted, I would not suggest going on any kind of maintenance or bupe/methadone for longer than a week...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry i should have specified more. I have been on suboxone for several years! My plan is to switch to morphine sulfate for several weeks before the detox. I have tried tapering from suboxone but the withdrawals are brutal and lllloooonnnnnggggg. Gave up that route. I have to try this. I have faith in Jesus and i know He will help. I know rapid detox is no quick fix and there may be only 3 reputable places in the country. The one i'm going to is at least JACO accredited and with BBB. I can't detox on my own and i need some help. Seems not many people have been to one of these places short of the scams i heard about in Florida. I will give this a shot and i will get through it God's will. Give me a month and if I still care to post about it I will. Pray for my success.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

BY THE WAY I AM NIGHTMARE TOO, FINALLY REMEMBERED MY PASSWORD>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck man let us know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Two more weeks and i'm off. So in three weeks if i remember i will post about my experience and how it went. I can't seem to find anyone with a real experience with this..... only stories like "i heard of a guy who..." So i will let everyone know firsthand.

BTW i tried tapering, can't get past 5mg without feeling like poop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Nightmare, if you read Tearjerker, she/he says they did a rapid detox. I also have done it. I woke up trembling. Doc wanted to give me Klonopin & Xanax to take home for shakes & anxiety. I thought that was stupid...wasn't I suppose to be "clean" now? Anyway, I shaked, rattled & rolled for a month. I ate healthy & went for walks on beach. I did lots of "cumbyah". But addiction is a real & clever & CONNIVING FOE.
Put on your Golden Armor, be a Soldier Of Light!, BUT BE REALISTIC!
REREAD Tearjerker's first post.
FAITH DOES HEAL! But be realistic!! Long term pain is like PTSD ... there are many ripples in your life that it has affected ; some obvious but many in a subconscious way. PLEASE think this thru.
God Bless. Ask for guidance.

Post subject: It worked like a champ!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It worked like a champ!! I will post details tomorrow. I'm dead serious. PM me for details where I went!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just so you know i ain't no ad for rapid detox. you'll see I've been a member for some time. Also my avatar is vincent Valentine from final fantasy 7, the man in the coffin.Too bad they don't have a Sephiroth avatar. Also for all you against rapid detox you can #@!#$%^&**.... no off fence. maybe you just went to the wrong place. Cause its a gorram miracle!!! Please read Daniel chapter 3 that explains my experience!! Put into the furnace and not burned!!! But this is my story! And i will tell you my story!!

So you know where i'm at today is Tuesday, I went thru the procedure on Wednesday last week. That last tuesday i went to the dr. office and she put me thru all kinda tests make sure my heart's good and i aint crazy and the like. The dr was real nice! She believe in what she do. I also had to see a psychologist!! never had that happen b4. but he was real nice. Good guy!! Guess i ain't crazy. now to Wednesday.....

Wed morning 5am i was shuttled to a Hospital. My roommate was a guy named Taylor. I think he was in slight withdrawal. I guess the suboxone was still in my system. Lying on each bed was a gown and something that frightened me..... a diaper!!! Yes a diaper! The diaper soon became the butt of every joke me and Taylor could think of!! My gosh it was funny. I had to wear it.... Any way the nurses and anesthesiologist came in and gave us iv. Taylor took it like a man. I'm scared of iv needles and almost cryed as the third iv finally made it. I went first.........

Down in pre-op i was agitated and had to get up with the machines every 5 minutes to pee for some reason while mrs Chang the new nurse had no idea what she was doin. Anyway i lost some time......

Wednesday/Thursday night I was back in my room, vaguely remember sleeping, peeing, and punching a black guy 2 times hard in the head. Also pulled the iv out i guess. Vague memories. Punched a black guy!!!

Thursday morning Nurse and Dr in my room. "you are all done!" WHAT!!! I swore i never went thru the surgery!! But they were right. I was done!! Then i was shuttled back to the hotel!! And what a grand hotel!! Water in the hallway. I went strait to bed. They say its normal.......... BTW i know you r wondering..Did i poop the diaper? Not a chance man. I followed the cleansing instructions to the T . I tore that dang thing off moment i got back!!! Back to i slept. I slept till Friday!!!! Oh BTW on the ride back I told my other "friends" who went thru it to that I had NO withdrawal. I was fine!!. 2 of them said they did. But i think they were expecting this to be easy!! I watched Scrubs Friday with my wife and she ordered Jets pizza. My appetite for food is gone but I ate 3 slices. Saturday morning we leave for the airport back home. They gave us a pile of meds too.

Saturday. I got special wheelchair privledges at the airport. I was having trouble walking. But mind you only mild withdrawal since Thursday. Very mild!!!!!! Also who at 32 years old get wheelchair privileges. I gave him $10. He was nice.

Sunday and Monday i was feeling week very week. No energy. Like a Gorram baby. But here's what i take. 1 Nurontin when i wake. 1/2 clonodine later if i need and so on. I refuse to take a whole one cause i go nappy for 2 hours. I have soma, vallum, halcyon, which all make me sleepy so i don't take them at day. i ain't gonna lie though, i have trouble sleeping so doc says i can take all 3 before bed. I don't even know what half this stuff is but the nurontin is the best. I think its for restless legs and the like. which i aint had yet. ...............Monday I rode the heck out of my exercise bike to get my body goin. It worked.

So anyway its Tuesday!!!! I feel hell lot better. I just took the trash out. And it was heavy. Made breakfast and coffee too. OH... and music sounds amazing!!!!!! I even had my wife buy DR Dre beats for me. Beats are cool!! I feel so much better today than last few ones. BUT NOW HEAR ME ON THIS!! I WENT THROUGH NO WITHDRAWAL AT ALL!!! NONE. AIN'T FEELIN %100 BUT NO WANTIN TO KILL MY SELF. I AIN'T EVEN CRAVIN OPIATES OR ANYTHING. Cause the Naltrexone. And for all you against naltrexone. Shut up!!!! If they can put you under at the rapid detox for surgery without opiates it don't matter. Just buy a medical bracelet like i did just in case.

Nowfor a final note!!! And I appologis cause I am a Christian and my language ain't been so kind here!! BUT FOR ALL YOU IDIOTS WHINING ABOUT HOW HARD PAWS IS AND RAPID DETOX WONT HELP WITH THAT. GO EAT A PENIS!!!! PAWS ain't the hard part. Just deal with it and move on. I mean that 2 weeks of hard core withdrawal is the hard part. I barely got PAWS. I ain't even depressed. I sure as heck can deal with this over writhing on the floor in pain trying to grab my Ruger .38 LCR to put to my head to end the pain!!! PAWS can &%@!~*^&!!! I described the gun so you know i was serious!!! Maybe in a day or 2 i'll hit up the range. I love shooting. But i digress. I am now free of suboxone!!! If you happen to stumble on one of my earlier posts you'll see that i once said i was gonna stay on it for good!!!! F that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am gonna post where I went for this procedure. And I'll tell you why. Cause ain't no one out there could give me details of where and when they went to rapid detox so its hard to Google it and find a good place!!!! IF I'M WRONG IN DOIN THIS PLEASE DONT ERASE MY POST! Just the last part cause i want people to know my story!! Everyone is so against Rapid Detox but it worked for me. All I needed was thru the hard core withdrawals. AND IT DID!!!! AND YES TO ME IT WAS WORTH IT!

So that was my story!!! I will recommend this place to anyone can afford it! http://www.rapiddrugdetox.com. i don't right know who Jeannie is but Dr. Nameth is a great woman!!! She really believes in getting you off opiates!!! This place is in Livona Michigan i think. There are so so many bad rapid detox places out there, but i did my research. They are Better Business Beaureau certified with no complaints and the procedure is in a JACO approved hospital. Not in some guy's shanty in the woods. AGAIN IF YOU HAVE TO ERASE THIS LAST PARAGRAPH JUST PLEASE DON'T ERASE MY STORY!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Night wrote:
I barely got PAWS

Hey night glad you got thru this with a positive outcome so far but paws stands for post acute withdrawal syndrome, you're not there yet. I hope you don't get paws tho. also, cocky attitudes are usually a precursor to relapse. I post this because I wish you continued sobriety. Also you said tapering doesn't work, it may not work for you but it is not an impossible feat for many people including me. I've tapered down from 8mg to .25 mg with no sweat. I tried to jump last week but decided to get clonidine at least to help with sleep. Thanks to your post and others I am going to ask about neurontin as well and I am gonna go down further like others have to .075mg or lower. those who posted success tapering and jumping. (Diary of a quitter, laddertipper and hawker1 to name 3 examples)

I hope u don't take my post in the wrong way and I don't know your whole backstory but if you're anything like me, humility will help you stay clean. Remember addiction is cunning, baffling and powerful etc...

Congrats again on 5 days, I hope u are sticking around to update your progress.

Best,
Glen b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Night/nightmare - i told you in another post - I don't know where you get the idea that we go around deleting people's posts. But by saying what you are, it gives all members, including lurkers, the notion that we do that regularly. I'd appreciate it if you don't give people that impression. I don't even remember the last time a post was deleted. And I/we have NEVER deleted a post of yours, so you really have zero reason for saying that.

As for PAWS, I will reiterate what was said above. The "P" is for POST as in POST-ACUTE, you are barely out of the acute, so you don't even know if you'll have any PAWS yet, so really you can't say that you don't yet. Come back in 6 months and then comment on whether or not you have any PAWS. And please be honest.

Thanks for your continued cooperation.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I mean no offence about the deleting thing. I just wasn't sure if I was to post details where I went.

I am at 2 1/2 weeks since then. I posted an update elsewhere too but as for Paws I physically feel no symptoms. The main 2 issues are of course insomnia and mind numbness( no emotions). I wake in a rage!! That scares my wife but I figured I immediately do pushups and ride the bike and no more rage. I rarely take meds except for sleep. I do reccomend nurontin for rls. And it works no rls at nite. I really think this will just take time. I mainly take herbal supplements to heal my mind. Paws is just the brain healing. Time and Jesus will heal this.

As a note I am taking naltrexone. I crave no opiates. Don't know if that's me or naltrexone. I know this I won't be revisiting opiates again Gods willing. Also if anyone know more about how it affects the brain and why I need it let me know. Im not sure if it stifles the healing process in the brain.

Anyway as I remember I will post my progress! God Bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Glen bee I take no offence and nothing too serious. I am happy to hear about your taper and I sure do pray for your success. Be prepared and I reccomend clonodine nurontin and something to help u sleep. I also reccomend herbal supplement like amoryn for mood and melotonin for sleep. They gave me soma Valium halcyon and trazodone for sleep and anxiety but I rarely take them and if I do it's usually in halves. Even the clonodine. I really hate being sedated. I'm gonna try ambien for sleep. I just don't want to get addicted to all these pills. Also I think the brain heals quicker with exercise and natural stuff not more drugs. I will be honest I am out of the frying pan..... And into the oven. But with Gods help each day the temp gets a little cooler. Paws is a mind game. Glen Bee I really pray for your success. You are right we must be humble and not cocky. But positive too. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

three weeks today 21 days. weird beast this thing is. the insomnia is brutal hell. i'd rather be kicked in the nuts 8 times daily. but today my attitude got way better. I think its because i worked a full day today. And today i worked!! We stay busy. Anyway i think these herbal things starting to help. Don't know though. Maybe i'm just hallucinating from no sleep in 8 days. Once i sleep without taking crap to try, then this thing is over!!! God's will. i'm just trying to be positive and share my experience. I'm tired of people saying i went through 6 months to a year of this. I think that just scares others from trying to stop. That's my opinion not trying to be mean or offend. My opinion as long as it ain't brutal it don't freaking matter!!! And i will try and let anyone know when the brutal is gone.... insomnia that is.

Post subject: 60 days -ish
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

60 days ---and honestly the best thing for me was taking the naltrexone every day. I still have yet to have a craving for opiate at all. and before when i tried to quit i craved as a vampire craves blood or Syler craves power. I recommend it to anyone serious about getting clean.

Finally over the last 2 weeks my mood, motivation, drive are back. The only thing really left is sleep. It has been a nightmare to sleep. i seem to give in every several nights and take a pill to sleep as not sleeping drives me to the edge!!!! My best run was 3 days of natural (well only melatonin and sleepy time tea) sleep 9 hours a night, then night 4 no sleep fitful, and no REM. Makes no sense. never had insomnia before. I sure don't want to rely on pills to sleep so i am fighting. i thought i was done but i guess ill try and post later. Like i said before or somewhere else, i'd rather Debo beat me up everyday than have insomnia.

Either way, as this is originally about, i wouldn't have made it past 30 hours cold turkey. If it wasn't for the rapid detox i would not be 60days -ish off suboxone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well i stopped the Naltrexone a week ago. Just forgot to take it really. No cravings or nothing really after stopping it. Finally i feel somewhat human. All other symptoms are gone other than insomnia. Thats all thats left to go. But other than sleep issues Im pretty much %100. Not gonna take anymore drugs or otherwise again other than the scarcely occasional beer. Which i haven't had anyway. It feels nice to be free of this 4 year addiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I read through this thread a couple of times, and I keep thinking Nights detox experience sounds a lot like mine:

Day 1 - tired - sleepy
Day 2 - Sleepy - no appetite
Day 3 - night was having trouble walking, I wasn't, but I did feel shitty
Days 4-5 - No energy, Night was on Clonidine, Neurontin, Soma, Valium and halcyon
I think I took a couple of Ativan and tried Trazadone

1 week - not 100% but better, music sounds amazing, taking out the trash seems heavy (so true)
3 weeks - night was having insomnia (was on Naltrexone), I was sleeping 6 hours w/out meds
2 1/2 months - feeling about 100 %

Differences - Night did rapid detox. I just stopped my Sub at 1 mg (also, I didn't punch anybody or have to use a wheelchair on day 3 :)). I'm wondering what it would be like to do a side by side comparison for 90 days or so of a group doing rapid detox and a group just jumping off. I wonder if there are any major differences?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmmm... where is this penis you speak of and where can I eat one? bwahaha!

Seriously though, your detox sounds a lot like mine. Neurontin is pretty strong and was keeping your acute withdrawals at bay for the most part. That and the expensive rapid detox. But as for your following symptoms (PAWS) that's the hardest part. Dealing with the ups and downs and extended symptoms that drag on for what feels like forever. Congrats though, you did it and are still doing it! Still not sure that rapid detox is the secret answer but whatever gets you there.

I was feeling so relieved on my 3rd day being off subs, I sent my doctor flowers and thanked him for saving my life. I told him I was feeling great and was hopeful for the future. An hour later I wanted to throw myself over my second story balcony. I flt completely different depending on what time of day it was. We're all in the same boat at the end of the day which is what I think everyone else was trying to explain above.

Post subject: 3 months
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So here is 3 months. Aparently i went through a benzo withdrawal from all those pills they gave me. Granted the only symptom from that withdrawal was brutal insomnia....

perhaps the rapid detox is not any better than just quitting. It was not easy after that first week. Its been ups and downs. However i have tried tapering, tried quitting suboxone to no avail. If i had not gotten this push to bypass that first week of acute withdrawals i wouldn't be able to say right now I am drug free!!! Like you say tinydancer "whatever gets you there!"

Also most of my insomnia was actually related to all that crap (excuse my language) the detox place gave me. Turns out stopping that mess gave me a month of brutal insomnia. Well I stuck it out and for the last week i slept 9 hours a night with nothing. I do think i'd have been better much sooner if not for the benzos, neurontin, etc. I think that stuff made me feel worse. Never again!!

Cant put a price on being drug free!! My chronic back pain also happened to just go away after the suboxone was out of my system. Seems it caused most of it.

OH and tiny dancer.... the penis i speak of is in my pants!! come get it!!! <- nah but my sense of humor is back. I love humor. Its great!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh and i just read what i posted after i got back from the detox. I dont remember saying much of that. I musta been really whacked out from the detox meds. Sorry....