It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone! I am not sure if this is the right place for this topic but I couldn't see where else to put it. A bit of history, ive been on suboxone for almost 3 years. Like a lot of us it literally saved my life. I have had a great relationship with my dr through this whole process as well. I go to meeting 3 times a week, have not relapsed once, pass all of my screens, I have been getting my life together. My problem/question is, in these 3 years I have had to move appointments a few times. Sometimes up a day or two, sometimes back a day or two. I set the appointments every two months so I sometimes get things crossed and have to move. There has never been a problem doing it before. Wel I have an appointment on the 31st of this month and I have something planned. So I call and ask if I can change to a day or two sooner. The receptionist says they have to ask dr and will call me back. They have never done this before. She calls me back and says, they moved my appointment to the 28th, and I need to bring my subs in for pill count??? I have never had a pill count in 3 years. I am not worried that I am short, I will probably have a few extra since I don't always take as much as perscribed. But it worries me that maybe he doesn't trust me for some reason. I may be worried over nothing but I am scared he will up and drop me for some stupid reason. Does it look bad to hangs an appointement? Any words of advise would be appreciated, even if it is to tell me to stop worrying over nothing. Thanks

Post subject: Worrying
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:27 pm 

I'm going to say you are worrying over nothing. You haven't been taking too many and even have extras although I would only bring in exactly what you should have left over. And the reason I say that is because it seems your doctor is a person who does things strictly by the book and would probably not be pleased with you for storing some away w/o him knowing about it. I don't want to encourage you to lie but to only say what he needs to hear. Anything else might jeopardize your relationship with your Dr. So I guess it's lying by omission.

Luckily my Dr. doesn't keep track of the days in between my visits, my pharmacy does and won't fill my script any less than 27 days, or three day early.

So stop worrying and get back to living.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I see my Dr Every Two Months.. back in June of last year I was told that I would need to have pill counts urinalysis once a month..She said that diversion is high in my town for buprenorphine along with the DEA is tightening up on diversion.

She Knows I am not one to sell my pills, they are and even back in the day have always been to valuable to me.. But she said a few have ruined it and I have to comply.. I said not a problem..

I was her very first patient and I have maintained a excellent dr patient relationship, regardless
I still have to go in.. Now with your question should you be worried.. just my honest opinion... I don't think you have anything to worry about from what you said, they may think something is up and could be raising the flag. I would guess as long as everything plays out like you said and you keep communication lines open.. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Snake

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think it's too much to be concerned about. I totally agree with having some restrictions on prescribing controlled substances but overall I have alot of problems with many of the things the DEA does. I realize it's their job to make sure rules are being enforced but it seems to me at least that historically the DEA doesn't realize that there has to be some balance. The consensus from the agency seems to be that prescribing medication to drug addicts is pretty much always a bad thing. They strongly opposed the DATA act for example which made prescribing controlled substances (mainly buprenorphine/Suboxone) to treat opiod dependance possible inspite of all the extremely detailed and accurate research and studies that have been done that prove methadone and buprenorphine work for the vast majority of opiod addicts. Sometimes it seems like they are on a mission to make sure that recovering addicts are not treated with the same respect or have the same rights as "normies". It seems like they are of the mindset that addicts are criminals pure and simple and while using definately results in crime alot of times we all know that addicts are not criminals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I want to thank you all for putting my mind at ease! I had my appointement on Tuesday and all is well. He didn't even ask to see the pulls. I asked him why the wanted me to bring them and he said it is the practice policy now. I see him every two months and he always does a urinalysis. I have never had even one non compliance at all. Matter of fact, he has asked me to speak at some of the group sessions because my recovery has gone so well. I just really read into things too much sometimes i hope to start posting more, I feel I have some value able info for some people.i have had 3 major surgerys while on suboxone so I see a lot of questions with how that works! Well thanks everyone for the replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:03 pm 

Eddie, it would be awesome if you shared information about having surgery while on suboxone! It's definitely something that I worry about and I'm always looking for stories of how people managed it.

I'm glad your appointment went well and that you found out that it's just your doctor's rules for everyone. It's great that he has recognized how well you're doing and wants to use you as an example for others.

Keep up the good work and keep posting! :)

Amy