It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: anxiety
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so today is 4 weeks and 4 days sense i quit suboxone...today for the first time i had horrible anxiety to the point where i had to just go home i didnt even want to drive my car...i went to go park and i started geting really nervous over nothing...has anyone experienced anxiety this late after stopping suboxone?...any help would be appriciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can tell you that everytime I've had to deal with withdrawal from any opiate that I experienced extreme anxiety and depression. There'd be time when my heart rate would just fly and I couldn't stop myself from thinking I was having a heart attack or something which made me anxious about being anxious. Panic attacks are aweful I'd think about talking to a doctor about finding a non narcotic medication to help deal with the withdrawals if it's causing so many problems for you. Clonidine seems to work well for others I've talked to who've taken it that's an option be very cautious about avoding benzos like the plague given our history of opiate addiction we're hella inclined towards addiction to other abusable medications. I think there is a non narcotic anti anxiety medication called buspar and others you might also ask your doctor about. I hope you're able to find some relief if you're not able to drive because of the withdrawal it's clearly something you should go see your doc about (if you can that is I know there are millions of people without health insurance). Keep us updated I'll be thinking of you and hoping you start to feel better :wink: