It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Anxiety...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay, so it's been going on two months since I started the Suboxone and I have been feeling pretty good aside from the insomnia and ANXIETY. Anxiety to the point I feel like I cant handle any one thing at a time. My mind feels scrambled. I have social phobia like I have never had before and find it hard to even talk to someone on the phone. I wake up in a panic like something bad is about to happen and have to get my bearing before I realize it must have been something I just dream-pt. Is this normal? I am currently taking 2 1/2 films daily and am going down to two next week which my Dr says will be my target maintenance dose due to my pain control issues. I just want my heart to stop jumping around in my chest for a moment.
I take Klonipin 1 mg twice daily but have been taking three a day just to manage my family needs. :shock:
I started taking a old rx for Paxil my primary had given me about 6 months ago to try and control my anxiety without the clonazapam but it had the same affects on me as before and I had to stop.
Also why do I not want to eat anything?, It will be 4pm and I will finnally realize I have not had a thing to eat that day. I hope these are all starting Suboxone side-affects and will gradully go away. Just wondered if anyone could shed some lite on this.
I scheduled with my pain management Dr. next week to start some of the proceedures we were planning before I started my "addiction treatment". Just to let him know what I have done and how he wants to proceed with my care. I know that sedation is out of the question so I guess we will be working with blocks and locals.
If anyone has any advice on my anxiety issues please let me know, other than that I am doing well. :? I just feel someday s if I have not traded one problem for another. If my maintenance dose is going to be so high gosh how long is it going to take me to get off of this stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI

so, Ive def had anxiety issues,,, DEFINITELY.
can totally relate to what you mean, about not being able to concentrate on one thing at a time.
FOR ME,
I always got like a severe stomach ache, that went along with it. So, the first thing I was told ,, was to try
excersise. I started out slow, with just walking like 10 mins each morning. Now, I wont lie, its HARD to stick to,
and make the commitment, actually do it. BUT, after you develop a habit, it REALLY does help. Or at least it did
for me. I dont know WHY. It just worked for me. Now sometimes I go twice a day!! I feel so much better afterwards!!
really cant explain it, but I'd reccomend it to anyone with anxiety issues.
You can do any KIND of excersise, yoga/walking/boxing/biking/swimming/DANCING, whatever floats your boat.

Also ,,,,,,, here's a link for the 'introduction' of meditation. Now, Im just a beginer at this one. Im still trying to
figure this out, but SO FAR, great results. So thats something to try as well.
http://www.seattleinsight.org/Talks/Bro ... fault.aspx

good luck on whatever you decide.
I was thinking of going on some type of anxiety medication, but after the excesise thing, it realy became more tolerable,
and now with meditating a bit, it's REALLY making a difference.

Hope I helped :wink:
Good luck on your journey :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]I thought for the longest time that if you were to look up the definition of anxiety, you would see my picture there. :lol:
I cannot agree with Amber anymore than I do on this one. I would plop the baby in a stroller and go
for a walk. Why this works....

Anxiety is a TON of excess energy (among other things), but the shaky, jittery, cant sit still feeling....that's excess
energy. What do you do to get rid of excess energy? We MOVE! Move in any way that makes you happy. You can
run up and down your stairs, run around the block, walk around the block, dance, whatever your litle heart desires....
As long as you are moving. If you have medical issues, and if I remember correctly from a month or two ago, you do,
then keep it low impact. Don't run, walk. If you can't walk, swim. Swimming is very low impact on every single bone
in your body. Sit on the couch and lift weights til you are breathing hard. Do anything to burn off that excess energy.

I used to get so irritated with people who suggested this to me. EVERYONE said to exercise. I was sick of hearing it. But then
I realized, the reason that EVERYONE is saying it, it because it is what works.

Good luck to you and I hope you start feeling better soon. Anxiety sucks. It was 90% of the reason I used in the first
place. So it's very important for me to keep mine under control. Let us know how you are too!!![/font]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: anxiety
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i understand yalls pain. i have it bad, and when i had to switch docs, she took me off xanax and put me on valium, which dont help. now shes telling me shes gonna start reducing them. she wants me to take Abilify with it. after reading up on it, im not taking it. OH and she gives me the samples and they expired by 6 months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there and welcome to the forum.

I think Amber and Goinstrong have both given you some good insight. It's always good to know you're not alone.

With the anxiety thing ... it's not something that's ever struck me too hard. I know when I first went on buprenorphine, I definitely felt it had a speedy effect. I noticed it especially when I was on too high a dose. I also noticed it when I first switched to the film, and seem to feel it more on the 8mg film than the 2mg ... though this could just be in my head.

You could experiment with reducing your dose a little ... or even splitting your dose across the day. I tend to get those jittery effects the higher my dose is over my ceiling... ie whenever I dose more than 8mg at any one time I seem to experience more of this jittery, speedy headachey effect of Sub. These days I have 6mg in the morning and 6mg in the evening, and it's hardly noticeable. Might be worth a trial to see if it helps in any way.

Good luck!