It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Anxiety
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ive always had anxiety attacks and have been on medications( none of which of liked ) like zoloft, xanax, but prefer not to take medication. I never like meds that made me feel down.. Always been a fan of uppers.
So o was completely drug free (apart from the occasional joint) until i discovered percocet. And they completly made me feel comfortable and took all that anxiety away without making me feel down or drowsy.

6 years later, after an escalating habit from 5mg to 30mg, a few times daily, i began suboxone.
Suboxne made me feel free. For once i was waking up feeling normal. It lasted quite a long time.

I dont get the same effects as i once did: now i just feel normal. I have to take a higher dose than usual if i want to feel alil "warmth"
So i take my dose, a few hours later i get anxiety, and i feel as tho i need more suboxone. Which i cannot do or i will short myself. I am perscribed exactly what i take and no extra.
Is this a common problem? Can anxiety affect somebody physically ( achiness, hypersensitivity, headaches) more so than it can mentally? Is this anxiety or is this a need to take more suboxone to fight cravings?

Post subject: Re: Anxiety
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I get the same thing, I feel a bit high for an hour or two then anxiety for several hours if I don't redose, don't know what to do about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I started subutex two weeks ago. I felt good the first week but now I don't. I'm anxious and feel overall bad and slightly depressed. I feel as though I'm on the verge of a panic attack all day. I was 3 years on vicodin or percs and I am fighting not taking a couple to just feel better. I don't know if it's the Subutex. It probably doesn't help that I'm smoking a lot more cigarettes.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Yes, after 12 years of trying many different meds for severe anxiety with panic attacks, I tried suboxone. It set me free as well. No more anxiety symptoms! I was completely symptom free for the first time ever! I felt normal without any tiring side effects that other meds had. I've began to go back to work part time three years ago just months after starting suboxone! I've been able to build relationships as well without anxiety as a barrier.

[color=#00BFBF]thebeststanton[/color][color=#4080BF]jlc[/color]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Six months ago I began suboxone therapy. I was put on 8 mg once a day. It made me feel GREAT! I didn't know that I was high, I just had an exceptional outlook on life for the first 3 months. Then that all changed & about an hour after I would dose, I would have this gut wrenching anxiet thinking that I was going to die. My sub dr kept telling me that "SUBOXONE DOES NOT ANXIETY, I'm just going to up your medicine & I'm grabbing at straws" & his staff asked me ridiculous questions: "why do u keep doing this to yourself?" & sent me to a psych ward for outpatient therapy. There they told me that my thoughts had been irrational for a long time & that if I just take the medicine (vistaril), I would get better. I was way too overmedicated, desperate & delusional to argue with them.ER visits piled up, 5 admissions in 1 week & physically I checked out "fine". But was such an emotional wreck that I spent countless hours in the ER parking lot just waiting to die I felt so terrible & panic ridden.Finally my sister told me, this is not you. Not before the 2 lortab 10s u were addicted to, not during your addiction & not now. She thankfully found a competent sub dr who recognized this as an adverse reaction to Naloxone, and switched me to 4 mgs subutex. ALL of my anxiety is gone now, and I can focus on 12 step meetings & getting my life back on track. I hope u find the problem and don't have to go through the nightmare that I did. From what I understand in ppl who's livers are slowed down (for whatever reason-mine is because of HIV medications) instead of being burned up by the liver, is pumped throughout the body causing the adverse reacions anyone can find by googling.I had to learn this through months of shear agony & terror. Hopefully, it can help u not to suffer needlessly. I wish you all of my best!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:46 pm 

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that before you were diagnosed with naloxone intolerance! It is unfortunate that the maker of suboxone has convinced doctors that naloxone is even a relevant for opiate addiction. I have heard of too many addicts who have no problem IVing Suboxone to believe the claims that it is a necessary component of the drug.

In any case, I'm sorry that it took a while to diagnose your problem while you were living in an anxiety nightmare!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:53 am 

I agree with Amy! It infuriates me that they can create all kinds of medication for impotence but can not find a medication to work effectively and immediately for depression and/or anxiety.Mental health related problems are not a priority and there continues to be a considerable amount of stigma even with medical professionals. I say this to everyone, if you go to the hospital expect to be treated with respect and dignity! If not, kindly ask for another doctor or I have found nurses to be wonderful and they will intercept with the doc. I wish you luck in getting relief from the anxiety!