All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Anxiety? Body aches?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello board, this is my first post...

I started taking subutex about 8 months ago at 32mg/ed....to make this short

4 weeks ago, i started feeling very shaky, cold, and very achy throughout my whole body, horrible feeling, i figured i was coming down with the flu very bad..well being an addict i took even more sub thinking it would help...about 2 hours later i started feeling even worse and just put myself to bed, sweating everywhere....

The next morning i woke up and felt much better, i didnt take any sub the whole day until night i took 24mg and by then i was feeling good.

Anyway, since then thats happened about 5 different times now, and it seems to happen on the days i take higher amounts of sub.

So thats just part of it, here comes the worse part...2 weeks after that first incident i got what i later found out to be a very bad anxiety attack...all of a sudden i got VERY cold, i mean FREEZING, so cold i was shaking so uncontrollably i could barely walk, my jaw was shattering so bad i couldnt talk...

I was rushed to the ER by my wife and they took my in immediately..in there i puked everywhere, was shaking violently, my heart rate was dangerously high, and my ekg o2 levels were dangerously low due to the fact i couldnt breath properly....an hour later, everything started to slowly calm down, and most of the symptoms except the high heart rate subsided 80%

It was the first anxiety attack, or feeling like that ive EVER had in my life, it was by the far the scariest feeling ive ever had...and since then ive had about 5 different semi attacks like that...

i really dont know whats going on but it just seems like my body is starting to reverse the way the subs are supposed to make me feel...for instance subs used to help any feelings of worry (like a job interview) and take away minor heads, now it seems to be doing the opposite, and im really getting scared.

The aches and pains i can handle, its this crazy anxiety im experiencing is whats really got me...

Post subject: Side Effect?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:10 pm 

Hey Warren916,

The symptoms you describe sure don't sound like it's related to the Buprenorphine in the Subutex. And it sounded like you answered your own question about dosage. Maybe cut down to a lower daily dose and see if that helps any?

Did the doctor/s have any diagnosis for your condition at all? I assume you told them you were taking Sub, not that it would do any good. Most doctors have little knowledge of how Bup works, but they sure do have opinions on it, mostly negative.

Is there any other meds you're taking that could be the problem? You sure got me stumped. Maybe someone else can chime in with more helpful information.

Keep us informed on how you're doing. And a big WELCOME to the forum!

Rule