It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Anticipation of WD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all,
I am currently in my 2nd day of WD (I think). Other than taking the smallest crumb of a 2mg pill. I think I swallowed it by accident (that's how small it is). I keep yawning and sneezing. My legs feel like they want to take off. I am anticipating the worst which is worse than the actual symptoms, in my opinion. I bought all my vitamins and minerals. I just have Benadryl, no clonidine or valium...ugh. So we'll see how it goes. I drank some vodka to get sleep last night. Probably not the best idea but I didn't want to take the subs. I am talking myself up to get on the treadmill right now (too cold and snowy outside). Maybe thatll help my RLS. Any advice or encouragement would be great!! Thanks all!

Post subject: Re: Anticipation of WD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum!

You can expect several days of flu-like symptoms, but they should be entirely manageable. Just treat each symptom as it appears, doing your very best to realize it won't last forever. Remain as positive as possible, while doing everything you can to keep busy. Sitting around is not recommended. Find something to keep your mind and body occupied at all times. Walking is great exercise!

Getting lots of exercise will stimulate your natural endorphins, help pass the time, and hopefully tire you out enough to get a small amount of sleep. With the amount of sub you were last taking, any symptoms shouldn't be too severe.

Make certain you stay well hydrated. Hot baths and showers will be a great help. Imodium for bathroom issues. Remember that your getting off drugs, so try to limit the use of other drugs for that purpose. Use as much/many natural remedies as you possibly can.

Read the posts of others here that have gotten off bupe. Lots of excellent info here that will certainly be beneficial to you. Keep fighting because your mind and body is going to try and get you to take another dose that it knows will instantly make you feel better. Have to refrain from doing that at all costs. And you have to REALLY want it more than anything else. It's tough for sure, but plenty here have been successful, including me.

And posting will help a great deal. It sure did help me to post as often as I possibly could. Put your thoughts down along with your progress to look back on later. You can do this....just have to be really commited to it. Good luck!

Karen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Karen. I appreciate the feedback. I am doing this alone, no one in my life knows about this. At this point I have isolated myself from so many that there are only a handful of ppl in my life. I have become so numb and withdrawn from reality since starting subs. The lack of emotion has actually caused my depression...strange right? I have no desire. I even thought after tapering from 16mg to 2mg over the last year would bring back something but it hasn't.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

What's Up Sak
Hey man, What you feel now is what you'll be feeling for a couple weeks at most. I was on Sub after an oxy problem and stayed on sub since late 2010. I was up to 24mg. I weaned down to about 2mg and then dropped off Cold 11 days ago. The first three days were nothing. Day four I began to feel the anxiety that comes with making a decision like this and all of the anticipation of feeling better. I'm sure you can relate with the feeling that one day seems like Five coming off of sub. I can honestly say that the physical symptoms subsided for me around day 7. It was all Uphill from there. Today I feel great with brief periods of being tired from the lack of sleep. Making the decision to stop in my mind is the hardest part. If you believe enough in yourself and conquered your addiction then this should be a walk in the park. A slightly Prolonged walk in the park that is. Yesterday was the first day I felt like I could function at about 90%. That's a lot better than being 50% on sub. You'll understand what I mean when you get back on your feet. Good luck, Dj

Quote:
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Forever

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks DJ I forget what it feels like to be w/o subs, to function w/o needing that stable feeling. I miss those days. I miss crying when something is sad, I miss laughing at jokes. I feel okay right now. Walkedon the treadmill. Not my usual run but did 20 min of walking then took a hot shower. I have no appetite and feel kind of bored?...maybe restless is the word. Thank God i am in a position where i dont have to go to work but i do have to take care of my family. They sense my laziness lately and idk what to tell them. I have no desire to clean or cook or shop or do laundry etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It's cool you said you forget what it feels like to feel sad. That's a feeling you cant live without(at least me). Not just being sad but caring about people, and caring about family without that grey cloud looming over your head. Its the best feeling in the world and even though Sub Probably saved my ass three years ago when I was a spoiled 22 year old punk its amazing to go to my little cousins musical and see his face light up when he see's me . You have nothing but good things coming brother. You were lucky to find this website. I never got a bad response from Anyone when I was going through W-d. I would still be on that Shit if I didn't find some of these people's positive experiences coming off with ease. I quit my job 14 days ago and dropped this habit three days later. Peace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well so far so good. i am still alive. I took 2 sleep aids and kept waking up through the night. funny thing was, everytime i woke up i was drooling, hadnt done that in years. just started w bathroom issues today. not too bad yet. still waiting on the worst. its day 3 so i am half way through it i think. im sure i will have more to write today.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 6
Feel a little better than yesterday. RLS was awful andstill is. Still have chills and sneezing. Not yawning as much. I just want to beat this so badly. I don't know how ppl can keep a stash of subs. If I had any I would've taken them for WD. I can't stand having no energy, feeling like jello. Like a vampire sucked the blood out of me. I finally got some xanax. Been taking that w benadryl and advil. No caffeine though. It makes things worse.anyone know how much longer??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Cool man. I can relate with the feeling like jello symptom. My legs feel lifeless, Maybe from squatting or running? Day 14 off 2mg. Feel great, you have nothing but good things coming

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

day 7 ugh
feels like its been longer. My RLS is subsiding slowly. I am crying uncontrollably when iI think of how iI got myself here. I questions whether subs helped or hurt me. I have ulcerative colitis and was hooked on painmeds. Sub was the only thing iI could take to help. But imI'm just done with them. I still feel like running to my sub doc tho. Once or twice iveI've contemplated it everyday. I started taking aantidepressant so I don't go totally psycho.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Keep up the good work!. You are almost through the withdrawals.

Antidepressants are very helpful. I personally started taking an antidepressants when i stopped active addiction and it really changed my way of thinking. I was much more calmer and I could get my thoughts together easier. I am sure anti-depressants are not for everyone but MOSt addicts are suffering through some sort of depression whether it is an underlining issue or a temporary one caused by the removal of the DOC.

If you are having thoughts of getting back on suboxone, Don't be so hard on yourself. You may actually benefit from taking a small dose of Suboxone for a long period of time. Perhaps 2mg a day or 1mg.

Whatever your choice is...I wish you all the best

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

day 8
first day i feel pretty good. still stomach issues but my legs feel better so far. hopefully the worst is over. thanks everyone for responding. i know i need to go back to na meetings. i havent been there in years. idk but i def need some type of therapy cause this addiction is evil and no one has this licked

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hope
do you go to meetings? how are you feeling?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

What's up bro.
Yeah I go to this opiate support group downtown a couple times a week. I was surprised how many people that attended came off sub. I find it inspires me. Inspiration can carry you out of just about anything if you accept it.

I'm on day 16 and still find that I'm willing to face whatever withdrawal throws at me. Coming clean with everyone and facing old friends and apologizing, rebuilding support has helped more than I can express. Keep your head up man. Force yourself to go for a run, do some push ups, sit ups, superman's'; Whatever you can to make your muscles work . I've read a lot about it, and understand now that exercise leads to a much quicker recovery. Sitting around will only exuberate WD and mental fatigue. I get up before I do anything and go to the gym. It gives your body that kick start you've been used to getting from pills + sub. keep it up !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so here is some advice for those who are quitting or thinking about quitting subs. I effed up and took a crumb of a 2mg pill a few times through out my wd. it does nothing but set you back 3 to 4 days each time you take any sub. If youre going to jump, just jump. dont keep any around to help ease withdrawals. It may ease wd but youll pay for it later. taking Sub does nothing but delay the inevitable withan interest rate. Think of it as a credit card.
youll pay one way or another.
I found a great article by Dr. Scanlon. It is pretty recent. ill find it and post a link.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sakt25 wrote:
so here is some advice for those who are quitting or thinking about quitting subs. I effed up and took a crumb of a 2mg pill a few times through out my wd. it does nothing but set you back 3 to 4 days each time you take any sub. If youre going to jump, just jump. dont keep any around to help ease withdrawals. It may ease wd but youll pay for it later. taking Sub does nothing but delay the inevitable withan interest rate. Think of it as a credit card.
youll pay one way or another.
I found a great article by Dr. Scanlon. It is pretty recent. ill find it and post a link.
That's good advice and I hope others take notice. Another thing is, if you have to take a piece because of symptoms, then you may not be FULLY ready to get off? It's definitely a fight at times, and it's so easy to give in, especially if you have extra laying around as you mentioned. Should be 100% completely positive it's time to stop, and get rid of all the rest. Well said, and keep fighting!

Karen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Karen.
Its a fight at best. Even though I am 100% sure its over, I have the addict inside of me telling me one more. I have had a hard time through the years accepting this. I am an opiate addict to the core. I cannot have any around. The hardest part of these past few weeks is my emotional state. i would take physical wd any day over mental/emotional wd. i cry at the drop of a hat. I am so depressed and have no desire to do anything...even shower. I have sooo much to do but dont care if i do it. My business is suffering tremendously. I start outpatient treatment Tuesday. I cant wait cause I am doing this alone and no one knows what I am going through.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Continue posting as much as you possibly can. We're here for you, and everyone completely understands the situation, because we have been there! Your NEVER alone here! :D

It's certainly an emotional outburst at times, but it eventually does get better as the days go by. You have to continually WANT IT more than anything. You are inspiring many others as you fight hard. You have so many people pulling for you and wanting you to make it. You can do it, I know you can! :D

Karen

P.S. Try getting back to those NA or AA meetings as you mentioned. I'm a firm believer they make a huge difference. So many good people that are now great friends of mine! Check out a meeting soon ok?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wow thanks karen. I havent heard that and i appreciate it. Ill post more as I go through this. its a safe place to share.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

http://www.pbod.org/detoxing-suboxone-f ... knowledge/

Anyone who wants knowledge about suboxone/subutex/bup read this article

going into my first NA meeting in 7. Years