It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:11 pm 
Hey everyone!! Im just gonna make this short cuz i dont have much time. I have recently switched to subutex because of an allergic reaction. Im in my 16th month. Anyways, i've only had one problem with the switch and that is, the tablets are so much harder than suboxone. Well, i tried Dr. J's method of biting the tablet with my front teeth and painting the solution all over the surfaces of my mouth. All i got was a mouth full of saliva. I thought about the method he described for a minute and kinda tweaked it just a little. Before i go any further i just wanna say, if anyone is triggered by the talk of a spoon or anything, read cautiously. My intent is not to trigger anyone in any way. Im just trying to help people who have trouble with absorption. Ok, i put an 8mg tablet in a spoon, spit just enough saliva in the spoon to cover the tablet. I get a butter knife and crush the tablet up into the saliva until it turns into a thick paste. You just have to stir it around with the end of the butter knife until its a pasty solution. Make sure its all dissolved before this next step. Next, dip the tip of the butter knife into the solution as if you were eating icing or something. As long as you didnt use too much saliva, it will be pasty and stick to the end of the knife. I just dip a little at a time. Once its on the tip of the knife, pull the tip of the knife thru your lips and spread it all in your mouth with your tongue. The only difference in my opinion with this method and Dr. J's method is, this method is making sure their is no extra saliva and it absorbs every bit of it. The pasty solution sticks to the insides of your mouth like icing. I had been putting it under my tongue for most of the time. When i tried this method, i could not believe how much of the tablet i was wasting putting it under my tongue. All i mean by that is, i spend quite a bit of money on this medication and it just helps to know that im getting an accurate dose every time i take it. I wouldnt doubt that other people have possibly tried this. Anyways, if anyone tries this and wants to share with me what they thought, that would be great. Thanks!! Hope everyone has a great day!! ~PEACE~