It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all! I have been reading all of your posts for about nine months. I did have a legal script for suboxone, but my insurance didn't help at all and I was saving money buying them off the street. A lot of money. The first time I got pregnant, my sub dr told me he won't prescribe a pregnant woman subs. I tried to quit, and miscarried. I cannot say for sure that is why but I believe so. That's about when I started buying them off someone else. I got pregnant again. I had originally intended to wean off during pregnancy, but life doesn't always go as planned. I read through this forum almost every day. I was not only buying illegally, but my family did not know. As my due date got closer, my anxiety level rose. I have to say that there are many things I would do differently if I could do it again. Almost three weeks ago my son was born. 7 lbs 6 oz at 39 weeks. I never mentioned the suboxone to anyone, and it never came up. I have a history of drug abuse and when my other son (now almost two) was born, he was drug tested. I didn't even take Tylenol when pregnant with him. So, during labor waiting for an epidural, I was given fentynol and it took the edge off. I had been taking 5-6 mg of sub daily and had 3 mg in the am before going to the hospital. The epidural worked well until the last half hour. I could tell I was getting some feeling back and I dilated from 6-10 in about 20 minutes. Then I really started to feel it! But I was at the end. My previous labor moved too fast for an epidural so I was grateful to get as much relief as I did. I watched for any signs of nas, but there were not any! I took only ibuprofen after delivery and about 6 hours after, took a piece of a sub. Baby is doing great! I feel fortunate my situation went so well. I am now trying to come off the sub and it is hard. I count my blessings though. With a healthy baby and labor/ delivery without incident, how lucky I am. I hope another positive story helps other scared mothers anticipating delivery. Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for posting! I am glad everything went well for you. I am sorry about your loss, but so happy you had a healthy baby! I am 39 weeks, so I am hoping mine will come soon. I wonder why some babies show signs of NAS & some don't. It is nice to hear a positive story!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I wonder the same thing. I'm sure you have read like I have that the medication doesn't always cross the placenta to the baby. I was really scared. I hope you have a good experience too. And if the baby does, hopefully you will deliver in a hospital that is knowledgable about suboxone/ subutex and handle the situation accordingly (not rushing to medicate the baby)