It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 pm 

Have an awesome vaca!!! Yah, I don't tan either, even with two weeks. I'm very northern European, I guess. The best I can hope for is to avoid blinding people when I start wearing capris for summer! Lol!

Anyway, I want to hear all about your trip when you come back. I'm hoping to vacation vicariously through you!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm back. Mexico is insane, I'll leave it at that. :D

Post subject: Welcome Back
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:31 pm 

TD, maybe later you can explain the Mexico vacation better. I'm glad you are home safe and here posting again. And yes, I'd agree that you're Irish. Me too. We tend to get skin cancer very easy so please cancel that tanning session. Stay out of the sun and you'll have beautiful skin in your older years. (so says my wife)

Today, for the first time I sat and read your initial post all the way through. Most of the time I just can't seem to get around to reading all the posts. Mostly I end up just doing my job here searching for problems first and then reading posts second. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' with it!

To say the least, I was so very sad, and humbled by your story of addiction. You being introduced to drugs so early on is not surprising. I too was into changing my consciousness at every opportunity. To read it all in chronological order must have taken some thought. And it being the PG version makes sense. Why bring up hurtful memories when it's not necessary. The thing with the christmas tree is almost unbelievable, that you were able to survive and not OD at a young age.

I don't want to ramble on. It just broke my heart what you went through. I wish you the best of strength in the battle of addiction. You have a decent hubby and good reasons to stay the course. You are one strong woman and this forum is very fortunate to have you with us. Especially now that you put the Suboxone behind you.

Rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Especially now that they put the suboxone behind them?
Is this to say that it would be worse or less good if they were still on it? Is this a forum for people to be off of suboxone?

:p couldn't resist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lol.. enough already, movie. I think what Rule was implying was that it's good to have members here at all stages, to follow progress, non progress, etc.. There are plenty of people here on suboxone, whether trying to taper or holding steady at a dose. There are not so many of us that have stopped suboxone, after long term maintenance, that stick around to talk about it. It's nice to hear from people who are at every stage.

Rule, my mom was diagnosed with melanoma skin cancer when she was 16, which is pretty rare, from what I've heard (to be that young.) The doctors gave her a one in five chance of surviving it.. She did survive the cancer after her treatments, but then OD'd.. sad huh? So, I don't ever attempt to tan. I always need an umbrella for shade. I have a really cute straw hat that goes with me on all vacations. I've already had to have a few things removed and probably have a couple more. Actually, I should make a dermatologist appointment soon, speaking of which..

About the christmas tree, I'm fairly certain the homemade christmas ornaments were empty pill bottles and not full of pills.. I should dig up that picture.. Mexico was beautiful.. it's just more fast paced than, say, hawaii. We were in Cabo, the resort was beautiful and built right on the beach tucked up against these sheer cliffs. The ocean was a beautiful shade of turquoise.

Post subject: Out of context
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:17 pm 

Thanks MM1 for a small laugh at my own writings. And to you too TD for clearing it up. I don't need to quote my own post but I did say "you", not "them". Considering I am still on Sub that would make me a hypocrite, wouldn't it? I know you meant it in jest but others may not.

We can never have too many members actively posting who have successfully put Suboxone behind them. The questions of tapering and jumping seems to be increasing, does it not? And that's a good thing, isn't it? I too want this drug out of my life eventually but that is only me speaking about me, not the forum. Sometimes that damn Moderator symbol gets in the way of me speaking my own mind. Not the forum as a whole.

So I guess I should say Thank You again to MM1 for letting me define that fine line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hahahaha. I was just jerkin your chain.

Needed some comedic relief from the usual crazy crap that I sift through here these days.

But. Glad you could see that I was kidding lol. I know who I can joke with and who I can't on here. Sometimes they just don't get the sarcasm via text.

:)