It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: another quitting story.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everybody! I justed wanted to come in and share my experiences with everyone. I used opiates for two years before going onto suboxone. Everything was going pretty well for the most part until I had some problems with the damned doctors office. They used to refill my script for me over the phone, until they changed practices and couldn't do that anymore. This was a bit of a problem as I couldn't get a follow appointment for over a week, they were less than understanding to say the least. I only had a few "crumbs" left so I was in trouble! You can only guess who my next phone call was to, relapse. I promised to only use until I could get back on the suboxone. Yeah right. My drug use worsened until I hit bottom. I was in huge debt, lost all my friends, and in a crappy relationship. It was time for a change. I came to a close relatives home 1400 miles away to get things straightened out. I quit cold turkey, though I did had some xanax to help with anxiety. What can I say? Withdrawal is withdrawal and it is not fun. The runs, insomnia, no appetite, tears, back pain, peeing a lot, depression, cravings; the works. I'm now on day 11 and things are a lot better. Still a few chills, teary eyes, and anxiety but I really do feel pretty good. I know that the mental part is the hardest. I pretty much have a dream every night that I use, or is in that nature. My cravings are fading each day but I am fully aware that I am no where NEAR out of the woods yet. My only dilema right now is that I'm scheduled to leave here next Friday. I don't know what I should do. I could stay here for as long as I need to for my healths sake, but if I don't go back then I will lose my semi-well paid job. I also know that chances of relapse are greater there and basically non-existant here at the moment. Well, thats about it. Any feedback is appreciated. By the way, Alice in Chains helped get me past the withdrawals a little easier :D Everybody have a great day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So is suboxone not an option? Isn't there a differen doctor you can go to? I just thinkt he risk of relapse is too high without it. I made it a month two summers ago and relapsed...been on suboxone a year now and have learned so much about this stuff...i'm close to being ready to going off. I don't know...if you can't get mroe suboxone I'd stay where you are and don't go back. It would be hard not to call your dealer. But that's just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, thank you for replying. I was on suboxone for over a year while I was on it. I think it was easier to deal with the withdrawals from the oxy's than it was with suboxone. Not in any way am I downing suboxone, it was life saving for me at the time I started; I'm just saying that it is extremely potent and the half life of it is unbearable if you don't taper down properly. I really don't want to be back on suboxone unless it comes to that. I hear you on the relapse thing, it's a scary thing. I have about 5 days to decide if I'm going to stay up here in Baltimore or test my will power back home. If I were to go back then I wouldnt even be able to afford to use for at least a couple of weeks, so thats a upside. It's just really confusing when it comes down to it. I don't know anyone here so it's a little boring, and I would have to start my carreer over. I'm really lucky to even have the option to choose though. Everybody take care.