It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all, well, I finally joined after several years of lurking. I find the most inspirational components of these types of websites, whether they be pro or con suboxone is reading about the experiences of fellow addicts. With that being said, here's mine.... I am a 50 year woman with 4 years of active addiction, approx 200 mg a day of whatever I could get my hands on, that was just to stay "well." Like so many of us, it started in my doctor's office for back pain, and well, you know how the rest goes. After finally losing my successful business due to a 5000/month pill habit, and coming damn close to losing my wonderful family, I finally decided to go to my local clinic and give Suboxone a try. I had put myself through three AGONIZING withdrawals, two of them I lasted past thirty days, I could get through the physical part, albeit it did totally suck, the crippling depression got me every time though, and I was back on the horse again in order to be able to get out of bed. I went in for my induction 3 years ago last July. It truly was the best decision I ever made. I remember reading 1000s of posts, both for and against medication assisted recovery. I remember wondering if I was in fact trading one addiction for another. I think we all feel this at some point, IMO only of course. My doctor and I agreed that 8 mg was the sweet spot for me and my results were immediate and life saving. I remember the next day, waking up and thinking "Omg, I don't have to spend my day running around town to get pills!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OK, maybe I used up my 60000 characters! Anyway, that day changed my life. I am currently on 1 mg of suboxone, and it's been a long road but I've learned a lot about myself and would recommend this life saving medication to most addicts. It took me four years to reach my bottom, and it has taken almost three and a half to climb back up, it takes determination and a lot of forgiving of yourself, but it can be done. Good luck to all, you can do this! We addicts have to stick together and change the horrible odds that are stacked against us, Godspeed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:05 pm 

Hello savethequeen! Welcome here :)

I'm so happy to read another positive journey. Sometimes there's so much negativity it can really take a toll.

I went through several opiates of choice and I first became out of control on morphine then I switched to oxycodone but I would take anything that would get the job done pretty much. Ur right about it finally getting to the point of just wanting to feel better and the high didn't happen much anymore. I'd chase a pill all day just to not be sick. If I ever felt high that became an added plus at the end lol.

I hit rock bottom several times but still couldn't get full successful recovery. After detox and rehab didn't work I finally found suboxone. I remember that feeling ur talking about when I woke up that first morning and didn't have any cravings or sickness and I just had peace. I hadn't had peace like that in a very long time. It felt amazing.

It can be tough learning to forgive urself. I had a really hard time forgiving myself for losing temporary custody of my children. I don't know much worse guilt a mother can feel when it comes to something like that. I do think I've forgiven myself for it but it's something I'll never be able to fully get over because that is something I'll never be able to take bk. Addiction is a nasty thing to go through for families.

I'm so glad u found this forum, I don't know what I'd have done without it. Please stick around!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jennifer, thank you so much for the very warm welcome. You know I can relate to everything you said. I was lucky enough to not lose my family, but when I look back, darn, I was SO close. I'm sorry you went through that, but I hope your kids love and appreciate you even more now. It's almost impossible for someone to really understand unless they have walked in an addict's shoes. I am happy to be here with like minded people. (Smiley face!)