It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Another noob
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My name is rich, I'm a happily married 24 year old from NJ. My wife and I have a very healthy 2 year son together. I work 3 jobs and run a business with my wife.

Went to a referred SUB dr on Tuesday and got a script for:
Suboxone 8mg strips. He wants me to take 1/2 strip 4X a day first few days.
Clonidine
Trazodone
Hydroxzine

My next apt is Monday at 10am, meaning 7 days from my first. He wrote me 16/each script. The first day I felt great! Up until 5pm so I took my last half, so by 10-11pm I was feeling uncomfortable. So I wound up taking 4mg more each day so far. But my script will last me until my 10am appointment Monday. I'm just wondering if this is my body adjusting, or they are signs of withdrawl after the subs wearing off some?

Anyway, time to go to work 9a-10p today I'm going to hold off as long as possible and will dose full 8mg strip

This place seems very nice, great job to admin and mods!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Over 60 views and no welcoming replies? Kind of shocked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome! There are a lot of people that view this site that are not members and not able to post. So while it appears 60 members viewed your intro it's not the case. I apologize if you felt unwelcomed because you most absolutely are.

It is common to require more sub during the initial detox period, within a few days you should be feeling better. Some people have a harder transition, while others feel great after their first dose. You will stabilize and may even find down the road you will do fine on less than is prescribed to you now.

Dr. Junig recommends taking your sub once a day unless using it for pain. Do to it's long half life there is no need to split it up thru the day, so you may want to discuss it with your Dr.

Congrats on getting into recovery, ask any questions you may have and keep us posted. This is the beginning of a clean, happy life!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess nobody wanted to try and give you the wrong advice. No advice is better than the wrong advice, amirite? (Am I right)...

It very well could be your body adjusted (adjusting) to your suboxone. You didn't happen to mention your opiate habits that led you to begin Suboxone, or Opiate Replacement Therapy using Suboxone...so it's hard to guess at your current state...
Even knowing your history ...everyone is different. No two people are the same with Suboxone, so it's hard to say what exactly you'll be facing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome to the board. As i am new too i cant offer a lot of advise. I will tell u i am on day 3 and my dr said for me to take 8mg 2x a day. I felt that my habit was somewhat light so i took 8mg the first time and have only been taking 4mg 2x a day since. Overall i feel great compared to the way i felt before this wonderful little pill however i have been struggling w minor headaches and being overwhelmingly tired when i stop and try to focus on anything. When i move i feel like a new man but when i slow myself down i find myself nodding to tje point of almost passing out. I dont know ur story or what uncomfortable feelings u may b having bit i thought i would share mine in hopea that it helps u in some way. I am more scared of taking to much more so than too little but hey thats just me. Good luck and its wonderful u took this step to getting ur life back. Having a pill take over ur life is no way for any of us to live. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

lilbda1 it seems your dose is TOO high if your nodding out.. You shouldn't feel tired or anything, just NORMAL... unless of course your dose is too high...

try taking less and see how you feel.

and to the OP(original poster) last time i had a bit of a slip up i ended up needing 24 MG to stop all withdrawal symptoms so first couple days it takes ALOT to get feeling well.
When i first started on sub back in june I was scripted 8mg, but i ended up needing 12mg for the induction luckily I didn't start on subs until sunday(got them on thursday) so I had enough until next thursday. I slowly started tapering down and now im almost on day 7 after jumping off at 0.25MG

Post subject: Re: Another noob
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Rich-PMS wrote:
So I wound up taking 4mg more each day so far.

Hello and welcome. As for me, I just sat down after a long day at work and having dinner with my family. I think you'll find things pick up in the evenings on this board. At least that has been my experience.

I agree with Jonathon, your first post did not provide the level of detail needed to make an educated guess as to why you were feeling uncomfortable in the evenings. I'm NOT saying you should have provided details - how much you or any other member shares is completely up to them.

However, if you were taking 8mg including a 4 mg dose around dinner time, there is likely no way your uncomfortableness was due to a lack of sub. Sub has a very long half-life and completely fills the receptors with 4-6 mg.

What could be happening, and I'm simply taking a shot in the dark here, is an absorption issue. Dr. Junig gave these tips for getting max absorption from a sub dose:

How to get max absorption from a sub dose

His post was written before strips hit the market, but the same principles apply.

I will also add that when I first got on sub, and the times I got back on sub after a relapse, it would take about a week to really feel withdrawal free.

The decision to go on sub is no small thing. Congrats to you and I wish you the best going forward!

Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's been so long for me that I can't remember what withdrawals felt like back then...but I definitely don't want to stop taking suboxone, switch to Oxy's or whatever the equivalent is now, then switch back so I can find out...

I'm so "old school" that the changeover from time-release oxy 80mgs to those new things never affected me, wasn't even a factor...and I was on Suboxone well before they got sue-happy and made them change the format of the oxycontins...I wouldn't even know where to turn now if I had to...(I mean on the street)

It really speaks masses that I don't even have a phone number to call anyone that sells pills...so I couldn't come up with a lortab even if someone put a gun to my head...I know absolutely nobody who is slinging pills nowadays..and I like life that way..

Heck of a difference can be seen when you look back at yourself and look at the changes. I look back 5 years ago, and I can't imagine myself doing some of the things I did (like stealing from family, or finding stuff that someone had bought from walmart, then returning the item(s), getting the gift card because I had no receipt, and selling the gift card for pills...or pawning stuff that i had to beg pawn shops to take, or calling up pawn shops to ask if they would pawn money on the STUPIDEST items. There's no telling at the stuff that I tried to pawn, or thought of pawning when I was on pills. I probably would have pawned toilet paper if I could've found a shop to take it...

But now, the closest I get to a pawn shop and doing business with them is one guy that I used to take stuff to...he has hired me..or "contracted" me to do ALL of his computer work.
Someone pawns a computer and don't pick it up --- He calls me to clean it out and "reload" it with Windows for him.
Someone there at the pawn shop has computer problems or something happens to his network --- he calls me to come in and do ALL of his in-house internet, network, and PC work.

And during Tax Season, he does returns for a client base of about 3000 people, and has 3 to 4 girls who use this software he's purchased from Drake to fill out income taxes...so starting around October, and going until April 15, I'm normally on call with him, any time of day or night, to fix anything that may happen.

In the short period of time (5 years ago I was pawning shit to him WEEKLY), I've turned my life COMPLETELY around, and he's seen me do it. He knows that it's been WAAAAY long time since I pawned something, and he knows if I DID have to pawn something, it wouldn't be for that reason that I used to do it.
He knew what I was doing years ago..he told me that after I cleaned myself up. He said that the crowd he sees as customers are pretty commonly known as "seeking"...
Granted sometimes you need a pawn shop for a quick buck, or something happens the day before payday...but some people who are regular customers just keep pawning until they are in a hole.

This is just an example of how much Suboxone can change a person's life. I'm totally indebted to this drug for ALL the success I had, along with my family and my wife. I had a good support system, and a WONDERFUL woman who's stood beside me for 14yrs (as of June 6, 2012). Everyone who sees us knows that we are in love, and we're one of the FEW who actually got married because we loved each other. NOT because she was pregnant at the time..or other reasons. We got married, and 3 years later we had our 1st child. But having her stick beside me (except for the time period where I didn't think anything was wrong with me eating pills every day, and spending my paycheck ENTIRELY on pills, and letting all of our shit get cut off from not paying bills) it really made a BIG difference and gave me a LOT of the motivation that I had. I wanted to keep her in my life, and in order to do that, I had to make myself lovable. I wasn't very lovable when I was high, and I can TOTALLY understand why she told me that I wasn't the person she fell in love with. Hell, I didn't even love myself, much less like myself...and if I did, why would I have been doing that to myself in the first place??

I have lots of life stories I can use to relate to some circumstances, so feel free to ask away or present your challenges if you want, and we'll try to sort though them and help as much as possible. (bare in mind that I can SOMETIMES get long-winded when I start typing though, as seen above)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Did my post get deleted? Or did I not submit it.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A little more about me:
Im 24, and my DOC was oxy/roxy, and was a daily doing for about 10 months. i was about 16-17 when I first tried OxyContin and used it recreationally here and there until April 2011 when it became just about daily. They always made me speedy, wide awake, motivated, ect. I began using them after work to make me perky when I went home, rather than going to sleep because I worked 14-16hrs and wanted to spend time with my wife and son. I rarely ever used at work, because I'd wake up the next morning feeling GREAT. Withdrawl would hit me about 36 hours after my last dose, so I was able to budget my extra cash so I wasn't ever really sick.

I realized how much money I was wasting when my wife kept asking what I'm spending my money on, and I had nothing to show for it. That's when I decided I need to quit, but I'd only be able to get 2-3days clean before I'd cave in due to the body aches and massive headache. I got in my moms insurance plan as of 1/1/12, but kept procrastinating about getting help. My mind wanted to get clean, but my body was saying different. Well, I got arrested 1/20/12 with half a pill. So I really had no choice but to tell my wife, and that was the last kick in the ass to fully motivate me to get help.

1/27 Was the last time I got high. I got a Dr appointment for 1/24 at 8am. When I spoke with the dr on the 23rd he basically said "the last time you used will be over 72hrs before your appointment tomorrow, and you have to piss dirty for opiots/oxy or I can't accept you into treatment" so the last time I USED was Sunday 1/22, I picked up one pill to ensure a dirty test.

So today is 1 week clean. I just wish I was getting so much shit for having a beer or glass of wine with dinner! I wasn't using to "deal with problems" so I feel VERY confident that I wont start drinking to replace the pills. I've read about the dangers of drinking excessively on suboxone, which Im not going to do. Just want to be able to enjoy a beer here and there!

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Went in for my 2nd visit today, and got another weeks supply of subs. Visit went well. He said it should start getting easier to sleep now that my body is adjusted to the drug. Also recommended drinking prune juice to help with bowel movements. Also told me to decide by my next visit (next Tuesday) if I want to taper off, or stay on maintenance.

I'm pretty sure Id like to stay on it. I feel like I'd slip back fairly easily, and I have ZERO cravings on suboxone. And I like KNOWING if I were to take any oxys I wouldn't even get high. Plus, I feel absolutely great on subs. Im very relaxed, full of energy, motivated, happy, ect.

I'm still on 8mg 2X a day, but still feel I need a 4mg dose between my am/pm dose. He said that well discuss it on my next visit.