It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Another Month Down
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Time flies when life is good..... the only lingering sympton I have is GI stuff. Nothing terrible but still not normal...maybe it will never get better. Who knows.

Anyhow, i'm 9 months out now. Can't wait for the year mark. Also, i hae NO cravings or thoughts of taking pills or anything. I really think the nice thing about sub is it gives you that long break from your addictive behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Glad to hear of your milestone. Hopefully you dealt with the addictive behaviors during the "break" you described. IME, using is just a symptom of the problem within me. Until I started attempting to deal with that problem, simply not using was only temporary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:36 pm 
Great news Hawker!!!!! Thanks for the update! I'm so proud of you! You'll make your one-year and beyond...I'm very confident in that! I'm especially encouraged to hear that you have no thoughts of going back to opiates! That has got to be one of the keys to this whole thing.....No more glamorous memories or thoughts of using pills to deal with anything....no more feelings left of wanting any of that stuff! All that must be gone before quitting Sub. I have learned that lesson the hard way. It's all about the timing and you seem to have timed it right and done all the other necessary things to ensure a solid long-term recovery!
Congratulations to you and thanks again for the update! Keep up the good work!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow! How cool is that? I someday hope I'll be able to say the same thing. Nothing wrong with being on Sub, but if I can feel and live the same without it, that is even better. Same goes for my Lipitor. If I could keep my level at 200 I would stop taking that too! I see them pretty much like the same thing - other than if I run out of Lipitor I won't go into withdrawals! :)

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's great to hear these success stories since many of us are likely to stop Suboxone treatment someday as well and hope to follow in your footsteps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Moman, yes I did use the 2 years on sub to get things straightened out in so many ways.

I did look inside at some personal issues but I think the biggest thing is that I learned about my addiction, learned to visualize life without pills, and to associate pills with all the bad things they brought. I knew so little about opiate addiction 6 years ago when a buddy gave me an OC to try. As a guy who was always in control I was very good at talking myself into things like, "as long as I don't take pills 3 days in a row i'll be fine." 4 years of pills and 2 years of sub later I know how dangerous even one pill can be to my sobriety. I aint going back. Dr. Drew can suck it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hawker,

Congratulations on 9 months!! I'm so glad to hear you took your time on suboxone to learn about your addiction. In my opinion, that is key to having any chance at success. Suboxone is a huge leg up, but there is still work to be done while taking it.

BTW, I'm nipping at your heels. I have 7.5 months off of sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nice Romeo! Do you feel any lingering effects as far as you can tell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some sleep issues that aren't too bothersome....I'd say that's really the only one. If there are other lingering effects, they are so weak that I don't really pay them any attention.

How about you? Any lingering symptoms?