It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, I am on the waiting list for three programs. I hope to get some more info other than "soon" soon....

I have also begun looking for an addictionologist (SP?) as I think maybe some one on one would do me better than group. I just don't think I can share what I'd like to share with many eyes on me as weird as that may seem, seeing as how I am posting it on the net.

But I am still open to all forms of therapy. just going to try out a few I think I may like first and then work my way down the list.

Thanks again for all the great advice. I won't judge my doc based on his cash only policy. Last I remember he was pretty cool to speak with.. not very judgmental, and I think he is also a recovering opiate addict. It would be nice to get help from someone with intimate knowledge of the subject.

I don't know, maybe I am also trying to find negatives here and I shouldn't... I will try to remain open to ANY help i get.

I'll keep you guys posted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i may be wrong, but im pretty sure that if your insurance WILL cover suboxone treatment (a way to know without calling them would be if your insurance covers the script) then you can pay your doctor out of pocket like you already are...get receipts and send them to the ins company, and get reimbursed for the visits.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

He-Reigns wrote:
i may be wrong, but im pretty sure that if your insurance WILL cover suboxone treatment (a way to know without calling them would be if your insurance covers the script) then you can pay your doctor out of pocket like you already are...get receipts and send them to the ins company, and get reimbursed for the visits.

Great tip. I will keep up with receipts ...

:mrgreen:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's right! I'm sorry I didn't think of that before! You may want to try to contact your insurance company beforehand and see if you need to get any type of pre-approval for it to be covered, but I have a family member who did this and was reimbursed.

Good luck Reprieve!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi,
Also when you do find a doctor, he/she might want you to see a counselor. Could be a good thing for you since you are thinking you may like one on one sessions rather than group. Hopefully the doctor will have some good addiction counselors for you to go to. Just another thought, hope you are doing good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you, I am felling GREAT this morning. I think I am stabilizing at around 4mg right now, but in a few days I may try to go lower, just to see how I feel. If I need more, I need more, but would be great if I can get by on less, especially right now as I am buying them illegally.

But all in all, I am feeling GREAT. I really think my body didn't have much left in it and I don't plan on finding out. I have never had much luck with gambling and I have pressed my luck as far as I think I ever want to.

Thanks again for all the great advice, tough love, and support that you guys have shown over the last week.

I haven't received any calls about the three programs I am waiting on so no new news to report other than I am still here and kicking (Good news all in of itself)

I look forward to posting some good news soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

For everyone who is paying cash and has insurance, it is very often possible to obtain reimbursement from your individual insurance company. It's typically a headache and requires obtaining permission to see an out-of-network physician and then submitting receipts along with diagnosis codes and Tax ID #, and your DR will have to have brief telephone contact with your insurance company. It takes some serious time to initialize the reimbursements but it often happens at some point.

I know that most physicians I deal with directly are cash only providers for all clients/services, not just buprenorphine, but work with clients to help them get reimbursement if they so desire to go through the process. The doctor I have a lot of contact with is convinced that 'this is the way medical care is headed,' for most providers outside a large clinic system (cash pay for visits followed by patient initialized reimbursement) due to poor reimbursement rates at the insurance level.

Within what I do I also only accept cash payments at this point for the same reason, why should I accept less then I bill for? This will vary within some consultant work I'm going to start doing with an emergency housing shelter for obvious reasons/charity but outside of that I don't feel like what I do warrants less than 50% reimbursement.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.