It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have been doing so much reading..since joining this site.I am repeating myself..but I get so much hope from here,my sponsor,my program..and for me my faith is key to get through my withdrawal...being my mind and thoughts become very dark and forget this is not a permanent state.I think alot of fear stems from that doc.saying "here you want to get off real quick...I will give you an rx for naltrexone.This I have posted before but that night I really feared for my sanity,dramatic but true.I guess I'm creating a toolbox for myself this time.Certainly dropping dosage as low as I can go.I read a post by Dr. junig about the gaba supplements and the comments there after.It really sounded positive.Then I read an old post entitled something like "sub and adrenals" and there was quite a dispute between the doc. and I believe a biologist..kinda disheartened me but I"M over that.but my labs were exactly the same as the person who started the post... I"m willing to say sub saved my life..check on those labs later.st compare labs before and after sub.. pehaps it was all the crap we did pre sub.if your looking for some evidence at all.OOOPs the post was"endocrine nightmare" sorry so scattered... it is hard for me to stay on point. So has neurontin, helped anyone with wd's.do the gabba receptors have any influence on opiate's at all. and here is the big one..dmx for opiate wd's what the hell are people trying to kill them with this advice!? why the hell dmx!? s this post all over the place!I hope you can follow

Post subject: DXM you mean?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lol DMX is a rapper, I believe, one who yells quite a bit, and you most definitely dont want him yelling at you while your withdrawing :wink:

DXM on the other hand is the drug found in robitussin and other OTC cold/flu meds. I've heard of people using DXM as well. DXM is in the same class of drugs as Ketamine and PCP; they are called disassociatives. They make you feel as if you are no longer within the bounds of your body. When I took high doses of DXM (1000 mg's) I felt as if my self encompassed the entire room I was in.

Because it makes you feel as if your no longer inhabiting your body, it has a pain killing effect. Ketamine is used as a tranquilizer/pain killer for horses and sometimes dogs, because like DXM, it has that disassociative effect.

Though I would NOT recommend taking DXM for withdrawals...WAY too many other nasty side effects. I took it once to get high, and never took it again. In fact, I found it to be rather uncomfortable, despite all of its disassociative effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I never heard of that drug called dmx, now his post makes sense to me lol duhhh I kept thinking he was talking about the rapper who is currently in jail lol .............I was so confused ....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: appenington 1989
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

APENNINGTOM1989...I laughed so hard! I pictures him screaming "WHAT!?" in my face during wd's.LOL!A new form of torture.SO it's dxm and thanks for the info...Im sure it's not for me...is that the stuff the kids used to"Robotrip"And any thought on neurontin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

haha yea thats what robotrippin is all about...ahhh brings me back to my middle/high school days, how dumb I was!

dont know much about nuerontin, isnt that the same as Gaba? anyways, Ive heard 2 or 3 people say it works quite well, but I dont know them personally, so I couldnt tell ya how reliable that info is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So, if I took DXM while listening to DMX, I'm guessing I would be in a world hurt!! :lol: :lol:

Hey hopewins, the best thing I found for opaite wd was Clonidine. It's a blood pressure medication that's prescribed "off label" for opiate wd. It helps to calm the sympathetic nervous system. Benzodiazepines(Xanax, Valium) work well for opaite wd too, but gosh you have to be careful with them. Benzo's are highly addictive in their own right, from what I understand, they're even harder to get off of than opiates!!!

I've heard Neurontin helps with opiate wd, but I have no personal experience with it so I can't really comment on it further.