It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey peeps, just an update.

I've been off suboxone going on a year and a half now (16 months to be exact)

Coincidentally, it took me this long to realize I need to take it, and i'm probably going to go back on it (i have fibromyalgia and its been the only thing i've tried that has helped enough to get me working)

But yeah, it was a good run, and it showed me that it is totally do-able to get off of. I can honestly say I have no opiate cravings whatsoever, and havnt for over a year now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Eric!

Wow a good year huh? And you stayed totally clean that whole time, too? That's great to hear. Good for you. I'm on a month and a half off the subs after taking them for 5+ years. I have fibro also. I sympathize with your pain. It's really tough.

Although you are getting back on subs, I think you have made a wise decision. I don't know your history, but if you were hooked on/abused pain pills, suboxone is an excellent choice for your pain management. I too used subs for pain management & maintenance bc I can't take pain meds as prescribed. I want to take those extra pills to get high as a kite! Was addicted to them for years. :shock:

Well good luck bud. Wish you all the best
-Jennifer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, here I am still clean. Still considering possibly going back on suboxone, but no immediate plans. Just updating.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey man.

That's awesome you made it this far dood.

What made you start to consider coming back to suboxone?

Is it the knowing how you feel on it and wanting that back?

I'm just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi eric,

I was totally doing the same as you. I had 18months of clean time but, I was considering getting back on Suboxone. And I did. It was a mental thing for me. I just knew that I was an addict and I was always going to be one. Even though I had this clean time, I too was pondering suboxone. I think I knew that I was not depressed on it. I was happier, because i didn't have any opiate cravings on it. It truly is a miracle drug to help treat this shitty disease of addiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey guys. The reason Im considering going back on is pain. I have chronic nerve pain which drives me nutty, especially during times of stress. Ive never had a problem with addiction, I just found suboxone has worked for me better than other pain killers. Im not in a hurry though, suboxone withdrawal is so harsh i'd rather be in pain for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey eric,

I just now saw your posts and wanted to say a quick HI to ya!!

Have you considered neurontin for your nerve pain. If I'm not mistaken, neurontin works fairly well for nerve pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hey romeo, thanks for the shout. I see your posts on here every now and again when I check it, great to see youre still helping so many people get through suboxone stuff.

I do take Neurontin, it's a pretty good drug as far as I can tell. It doesn't kill my pain all that well, but it does give me relief and take the edge off, particularly at night when I need to sleep.

Post subject: Back On
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 pm 

Hey eric is,

If you do decide to go back on Suboxone, start and try to stay at very small doses. The smaller amounts seem to work better for pain from what I've heard. Kind of like the Butrans Patch. It comes in microdoses. Have you ever tried the patch?

Whichever way you choose is good. Knowing you've gone 1½ years w/o it is great. And you know firsthand just how bad the w/d's will be.

R62

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you looked into mindfulness meditation? Apparently it's really good for nerve related pain, and it's a lot more sustainable than going back on opioids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Eric,

Damn buddy I was stoked to hear 16 months off and sorry to hear you gotta go back on. You know whats right for you though. I just can't imagine winning this battle and going back. Maybe you're one of the few of us who is stronger. If ya beat it once, you could do it again.

I think its Cymbalta that has shown results with FM? I couldn't be wrong on that and i'm sure whatever is available, they have pitched to ya. I am totally bored today so don't mind me chattering in here.. My dad is a pharmacist and
I seemed to remember hearing him talk about it the other day.

On second thought, it could of been Gabapentin (neurontin) he was talking about. Anyways..

Good luck to ya,

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I do meditate daily for an hour as well as do yoga and cognitive therapy. If I wasnt in intense pain, i wouldnt be considering going back on suboxone.