It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Weffy wrote:
I love how google adchoice says "buy vicodin; 5mg percocet"

That's funny. While on this forum, google ads threw this one at me, for a product called "Withdrawal Ease", and the proprietor has this on his blog:

Quote:
For the love of all that is holy, DO NOT go onto any message boards about opiate addiction, detox, withdrawal etc. Although they are meant to be “supportive”, I feel strongly that they are very toxic environments and will do absolutely nothing to help you. Internet message boards are not where you will find facts nor are they places that will soothe your anxiety; quite the opposite. They are made up of packs of needy and lonely people who have nothing else to do but act like victims and scare people like you and me. Sounds harsh doesn’t it? It’s the truth. Sometimes I will “lurk” on a message board to see what kind of “advice” people give out and it’s appalling. It’s shocking that a person who has 1,500 posts on a board about opiate addiction somehow gets treated with the kind of reverence and trust that an actual clinician might get. Remember, regardless of how many posts a person has, for all you know they don’t know squat. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that the more “posts” a person has the more suspicious you should be.

Even if you’re not on a message board to get advice and you’re just lurking around to see if anything might give you some insight, you have no clue as to what you’ll find. Most likely, it will be hysterical and will only increase your anxiety. I cannot tell you how many boards I’ve gone on where people say stuff like, “IF I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ONE MORE DAY OF THIS I’M GONNA DIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!” or “pleeeze tel mee when this is gunna end!!!!”

source link: http://withdrawal-ease.com/how-to-detox ... es-at-home

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
Weffy wrote:
I love how google adchoice says "buy vicodin; 5mg percocet"

That's funny. While on this forum, google ads threw this one at me, for a product called "Withdrawal Ease", and the proprietor has this on his blog:

Quote:
For the love of all that is holy, DO NOT go onto any message boards about opiate addiction, detox, withdrawal etc. Although they are meant to be “supportive”, I feel strongly that they are very toxic environments and will do absolutely nothing to help you. Internet message boards are not where you will find facts nor are they places that will soothe your anxiety; quite the opposite. They are made up of packs of needy and lonely people who have nothing else to do but act like victims and scare people like you and me. Sounds harsh doesn’t it? It’s the truth. Sometimes I will “lurk” on a message board to see what kind of “advice” people give out and it’s appalling. It’s shocking that a person who has 1,500 posts on a board about opiate addiction somehow gets treated with the kind of reverence and trust that an actual clinician might get. Remember, regardless of how many posts a person has, for all you know they don’t know squat. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that the more “posts” a person has the more suspicious you should be.

Even if you’re not on a message board to get advice and you’re just lurking around to see if anything might give you some insight, you have no clue as to what you’ll find. Most likely, it will be hysterical and will only increase your anxiety. I cannot tell you how many boards I’ve gone on where people say stuff like, “IF I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ONE MORE DAY OF THIS I’M GONNA DIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!” or “pleeeze tel mee when this is gunna end!!!!”

source link: http://withdrawal-ease.com/how-to-detox ... es-at-home

Folks can get this add-on for their browsers, that will block just about every ad, including google ads: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus

Although I disabled it for this forum and try to click through at least one a day just to help support the forum since I can't really afford to make donations. But if the ads get disturbing (like places trying sell one's drug of choice), the option to vanquish them is available.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Relapsed twice, or the third I just went right back on subs... about 6 weeks ago. I think I got a solid 2 weeks of brain-healing in, so I'm hoping this isn't going to be the same thing all over again.

So; take two anyone?
+1