It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:17 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

yesterday I felt kind of rough toward the evening.. so I decided to take a nyquil before bed for the aches and stuff and I slept so good and feel great so far today. I had an amazing workout, tomorrow is my skip a dose day and I am gonna see if I start feeling achy and crap if dayquil will help get me thru the workday...... but I am hanging in there one day at a time.......

I pick up my bike tonight ( had new tires put on it) so I know I will feel good tonight.. riding does that for me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

FYI the dayquil knocked the aches and pains right out of me that I was feeling earlier..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:28 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

today is another skip a dose day, little edgy but nothing a little colonidine and dayquil wont cure..... I need to go run will prob do that soon :) ....... another week of every 3 days then I will go to every other day.... jump day coming soon enough :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: YAY!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so happy to hear that it's going well for you. You are so disciplined and I'm amazed at your attitude. Can you send some of it my way? :D

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:23 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

mg is doing great but LADDER...YOU ARE TOO! You are both an inspiration to me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:35 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for the encouragement ladies.... but tell that to my bf who had to put up with me yesterday lol.l took new bike out for a ride stopped to get gas and someone tells me I have no license plate on the bike I look and nope its gone. my bf was putting a new roof on his garage I went back to his house acting like it was the end of the world.. to the point I was crying over it lol

some nice person put it all into perspective for me but damn that was not me bitching about a license plate I can replace for 6.00 at the dmv..........other then that took clonadine and dayquil for the discomfort wasent to bad slept like a baby too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:25 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Is ok to be more emotional than usual....remember what Romeo always says about the receptors and our brains are learning to make our own stuff again....it's all a "learning process" in the truest sense of the word!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WOW!! I am so excited for you mg!!!! It's just so inspiring to read your posts! Even when feeling down, you keep going, and try other things first! Great lessons to be learned from you!! You're attitude is what is going to get you through this, for sure!! Plus as a nurse, I learned in college (crazy I still remember) that when you are constantly reassuring yourself, you will train your brain by releasing the good chemicals. I won't get all techy on the terms, that's the just of it. Just like training your muscles for a run, we can re-train our brains. It's not as easy as the the others, but it can be done!!

I'm so proud of you, good luck girl!!!! Every day is a new day towards the new you! Congratulations on all you've done so far, and all you are going to do SOON!! WOO HOO!

R

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for the encouragement ladies...... I did screw up twice .. I quit smoking cigs feb 1st about a week or so ago I smoked one, and just now I got home wiht my bike ( was about a 45 min ride from the bf house) and bummed a cigarette from a neighbor... I dont want to start again but I was feeling so many emotions for no reason so I smoked one ..... I wont beat myself up over it I will just start over again.....my body feels good my mind not so much lol I keep crying like a bitch hehehe I am a tough new york chick and not emotional by nature so this is weird for me ... I guess I have to just embrace the emotions or they will get the best of me, also I didnt work out yesterday or today its a rare moment when I dont work out two days in a row ..; may hit the weights or do a run tonight after work............

On the up side my son who is in the navy is here till good friday then he leaves for the sandbox (afghanistan) so I am gonna make the best of it spending time with him........as much as I can.

We can do this guys and girls!!

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:45 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

mg....have a great time with your son! I know you are proud of him!

As romeo said in a previous post to you...do you know how great you have done?!!! As for the quitting smoking, I am gearing up to do that too. I've only smoked about 5 years but it is hard especially going thru all this.

I am in awe of you getting to .5...just absolute awe! Keep going!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I used the vapor sticks to quit smoking ... then I got tired of charging up the sticks and refilling them and went to the gum I am down to the 2mg nicorette gums.

I feel good today.... I keep thinking maybee jump this week I have a long weekend off for easter not sure yet gonna see how each day goes.........

I am very proud of my son he leaves good friday for afghanistan

L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:38 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

another skip a dose day and I feel fine. pushed thru some discomfort at the gym today but I believe tomorrow I will start every other day the .25........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:D You're like a machine!!

About the smoking thing, the vapor deal....I kept trying to stick tobacco in mine....didn't turn out so good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

mg113 wrote:
another skip a dose day and I feel fine. pushed thru some discomfort at the gym today but I believe tomorrow I will start every other day the .25........................

You are so fantastic girl! What a great job you are doing! I read some of your older posts, and you are going pretty fast girl! I am in awe of you all the time seriously! I took one of your ideas, and told myself I had a bug coming on the last 2 days, b/c I've had a lot of anxiety, and feeling a little weak. It actually worked! I took some motrin at bed time last night, and that helped a lot. I have smoked on and off for years as well. I quit cold turkey when I was preggers each time, but would always pick it back up when I had them. I don't smoke currently, but have had a tendency to bum one off the hubs once in a while especially since tapering. I've had 2 in the last 2 and a half weeks, and I have to admit I enjoyed every last puff of that nasty thing! LMAO! You were right in not punishing yourself...It's totally ok to do that, and like you said you've had some down in the dumps feelings going on, so if it helped, then hey that's great! You didn't want to take a dose of subs, so in my book it's all good right?!

I hope you are enjoying your time with your son, I've said a few prayers for you and for him, especially for his upcoming trip to the "sand box". I know you must be so worried, so know your friend over here in NY is keeping him in her prayers!!

I just can't say enough how proud of you I am. You are such an inspiration! You push through whatever comes your way, and that attitude and perserverence is what is going to keep you on this same track of success!! Plus you are in such amazing shape (of which I'm jealous btw lmao) that is what will help you too.

Keep up the great work girl!! Keep me posted on whether you decide to jump or not, and know that I'm here to talk whenever you need!!

Big giant hugs, and lots of encouragement your way!

Rene

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Man you guys rock....................Rain you bout brought me to tears :) ..............to me it feels like such a long dragged out process, Today its like I am on speed or something I had to take a clonidine but I like hit the gym, ran, came home took bath cleaned the whole house ( bf is at kids lacrosse game and its raining I dont do the rain games lol) , now I am going thru old clothes and little projects I needed to do. I dont feel bad...........just have an amazing amount of energy.

I really wanted to ride the bike today but its been rainging... its always good for me to ride when I skip a dose cuz nothing can get to me when I am cruising country roads on my motorcycle.

I do plan on taking ambien tonight cuz I can already tell I wont be tired at bedtime lol

Rain I also enjoyed the cigs I smoked but I dont want to go back to having to use asthma inhalers to breathe...........:)

Well just was checking in............

Thanks for the prayers my son leaves good friday and arrives on easter sunday last time he deployed it was the same deal I remember him calling me from bahrain on easter sunday. he will be training afghan guards in the prison over there its a "peace keeping mission" funny how they make it sound so mellow peace keeping hehehehe ....he was over here today also that helps me not think about my crap... I mean he is stepping up and it really puts my withdrawal in perspective.. I dont have to stress roadside bombs ya know what I mean???

:)
Lisa
( this is do able and yes it helps to trick your mind and tell it you have the flu ... )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

K, I gotta say that I just love your response to your doctor, lol. He can slam the water taper method when he's in w/d with you. I think I'll tell my doc that same thing.

I absolutely cannot claim that I know the right way to go about tapering and then jumping off. However, if I were you, I'd make sure I got super stable on the .5 before skipping days or stopping it. It's weird, because with this last taper to 1 mg, I realized that there's a delayed reaction to drops, especially at these low doses. By that, I mean that it seems to take a while to hit you and to get all the way through it. The very long half life means that it takes a while for your body to catch up with you, KWIM? I have 100% confidence in you. You are going to be successful. I want it to be as easy on you as possible. So, maybe before jumping of spacing, just consider giving your body long enough to get all the extra Sub out and make sure your body is giving you the thumbs up. Just a thought. Everyone has to figure out the best way to do this for themselves. You are honestly doing such a great job that I find it so inspiring to read your updates. You are kicking butt and taking names.

I also am impressed that you are a fairly small woman and can maneuver a bike that big. That is amazing!!! I'm even smaller than you....5' 3" and 110, but we're pretty close, so I guess I may make it to a bigger bike someday....that would be awesome. You go girl!!!!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ladder I have the perfect 600cc chick bike I am selling lol...........................;) if you lived closer I would make you drive it so we could ride together...........

I skipped yesterday and felt ok, woke up once last night and fell back asleep I am not dosing quite yet today gonna wait till my body screams at me and if not then I wont doese today.

I feel great right now..................gonna hit the gym at 8 when they open :):)

btw I am down to .25 not .5 and I was skipping every third day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:28 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey mg, it seems like your pretty adjusted to .25mg since your able to skip a day. why not try halfing that dose to just see what happens. your real close though. all the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mg113,

Thank you for continuing to post your taper, what an inspiration it is!! For all the people who are deathly afraid of Suboxone wd, you are giving them HOPE and inspiration!! I'm so happy that you found your way to this forum and I am so happy that your taper is going so well. Keep up the FANTASTIC work!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:10 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You ARE doing so well, mg. I am proud, proud, proud of you and very grateful you are sharing this with us.

ladder said it so well about the symptoms catching up with because of the long half life. I still cannot believe what happened to me...that for almost 4 weeks I was dropping dosage like a hot potato...couldn't believe it myself...and felt like a million bucks. Then, out of the blue came the big "CATCH-UP". If I had just been able to recognize it when it first started (with crying), I could've kicked up the dosage but NOOOOOOO...I had to be Ms. Tough Guy and try and get through it. I had never been in any major withdrawal before in my life and really didn't know what was happening to me. The 2 day withdrawal that I had to go through before my induction on Subs was nothing compared to what I went through.

What I'm saying is if anything at all is too uncomfortable, don't feel bad about extending your taper....the success is in stopping with MINOR discomfort...not in being a badge carrying martyr like me :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next