It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just got back from my dr .... he wrote me script for the 2mg and told me hold on to my 8mg ( I offered them back to him lol). Here is what he said about jumping at 1/4 mg... he told me to just buckle up and jump off the .5 mg when I feel ready
he did suggest I stay at .5 for another week or so. You should have seen his face when I mentioned the water taper method...... his next comment was "stay off the blogs" my response was I will stay off the blogs when your going thru withdrawal with me ;)

he did however suggest that I go from the .5 daily to waiting as long as I can to take the next .5 mg .. and wean off that way. He told me he will call me in more clonodine when I need it and when I asked him why he wrote me naltroxene last time he said oh shit good thing you didnt take them ( I guess we all ef up sometimes) but said he would give me them when I am off subs completely.

I am going to listen to my body.....................maybee this weekend or next I will go down or try skipping a day
he did agree that breaking up my workouts to twice a day will help I actually am fine today the morning was a little rough but now I feel good and that is all that matters

thanks laddertripper again for suggesting the 2mg films :)
you guys rock .....................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

just have to vent cuz I am feeling bitchy... was so happy to get the 2mg films just went to pick it up and my pharmacy dont have them ( could have called I dropped off at 3) so I am off to cut another 8mg into 16 pieces..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, my pharmacy would never have enough of the 2mg pills for me either. They would be able to fill 10 or 15, then they would have to order the rest. Pharmacies not having enough of the 2mg films or pills seems to be a pretty common complaint.

I agree with Ladder, I think you should keep tapering down well below .5mg. The lower you go, the less wd you will feel when you jump....guaranteed!! However, I do not disagree with your doctor when he says to start alternating days (I think that's what he was getting at) once you get to a very low dose. Alternating days would be the final piece of the puzzle.

Take care bad ass!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:58 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well last night the flu like symptoms were milder then the night before............. this morning I felt kind of weird on my way to the gym even though I took my .5 before I went but then when i got there I was better.... did my whole leg workout then ran two miles on the treadmill. My bf is coming over after work today so we can work on my kitchen ( just remodeled it getting ready to paint) so I figured I would do the whole workout instead of splitting it between am and pm.

Hopefully I will be to busy to feel crappy, plus my BF is the best about giving me backrubs and stuff like that when I do feel bad withdrawal........................
uua

I decided to stay at this dose untill I dont feel any more withdrawal.......I am however thinking of maybee trying a quarter mg in the am and a quarter mg in the evening and then drop the evening dose..... OK I wont let my brain get ahead of myself I have to keep in mind its one day at a time :) and I just need to get thru today :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ahhhh, back rubs!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!

I think that's a great idea to stay on your current dose until you don't feel anymore wd. I'm afraid if you go too fast that you'll get bit. With the dose you're at, there is no need to push the envelope, even though I know your dying to!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

yup back rubs... i felt good last night just alot of sneezing.................havent taken my dose yet this morning dont feel like I need it yet so I am going to hit the gym and see how long I will last before I have to dose............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:11 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Romeo Romeo how right you are about pushing hte envelope..... I didnt dose when I woke up like I normally do, I got my workout in ( saved the running for later) but I just came home and dosed I was starting to feel it so I didnt want to push that envelope ;) thanks for reminding me about that

I pick up my 2mg strips today so I think I am going to take .25 in the am and .25 at night starting tomorrow see how that goes.. might have to break out the colonadine but its worth a try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

:lol: I am so excited I got my 2mg strips no more teeny weeny pieces to get under my tongue..............

tomorrow I will start with .25 in the am and .25 in the evening or when my body needs it

I cant believe I am this happy about sun strips lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:48 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I had a crappy night think I went to bed to early been up since 3 not feeling so go waiting for 6am to take my dose, but now at least with the 2mg I know I am putting the film in my mouth and not dropping it on the way................ I took .25 feel better already will take the other half later on when I feel I need it

still gonna hit the gym just a little later then usual.....:) last night passed and today will be better and I think I will be able to get on my motorcycle tonight if it dont rain that always helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

wow this is really a roller coaster ... .. I just got back from the gym and somehow I kicked butt.... and did a 2 mile run to boot..... all that after a miserable night of not sleeping well.. I did notice I sweated more then normal at the gym today but I feel great right now and thats all that matters ...later on if I feel crappy I will take the other .25mg of my sub and if I dont then maybee i will be dropping to .5 one day then .25 the next .. I will wait and see how I feel. I mean last night wasent that bad I just hate when I cant sleep it wasent painful or filled with anxiety ok saying it sucked is probably my addict drama word so I will say it was disrupting to my routine ..... Romeo should I say sleep whore again lol.......

off to work.... gotta roll with it while I can ... Ohh and tonight I know I will be fine as the weather will allow me a long long motorcycle ride on my new bike that I only rode a few times cuz the weather sucked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hahaha, thanks for saying sleep whore again!!! That always makes me laugh.

I'm glad you got the 2mg strips, I can't imagine trying to get a .5mg or a .25mg out of an 8mg strip, you would have to call NASA in to help you with that one!! Hmmm, NASA would probably be able to do it, it would just take them 2 years longer than they said it would and they would come in about a billion dollars over budget! :lol:

I can't believe how disciplined you are to go to the gym everday like you do....I drive by a gym everyday....do I get any points for that? Nah, I didn't think so. :cry:

Hang in there mg, you're doing it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have always been athletic and back when I was a teen and kicked working out was a big part of my recovery and all my life I have worked out, messed up back and all, actually I have built up the muscles around my herniated disks and its really helped... plus the fact that I work at home I HAVE TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE EVERY DAY.. AND THE GYM IS MY ME TIME.... plus back when I hit 30 I made the decision to be in the best shape of my life at 50 and I am almost there.... I hit the gym 6 days a week and train 2 hrs a day I am a skinny chick and if I dont work out I have no shape to my body... I need to be bad ass also cuz my boys are bigger then me and once in a while I have to show them who is boss......................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:22 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

well I survived a day on .25 however today I took my .5... in the spirit of going s l o w l y I am gonna go every other day .5 then .25 and see how that goes. I did feel a little anxiety last night but not enougn to take a clonadine. Also the sneezing is just crazy lol I had a sneeze attack in the gym today I just couldnt stop it lol :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're doing great!! I'm astonished with your progress. Keep on Rockin'!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:58 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

mg, I just got in from a walk and everything is in bloom here...maybe your are having some allergies?!!!

I am just amazed at the tiny doses you are taking! Since I only have 8 mg tabs left, I am wondering how in the world I am going to get down that low and do it accurately! Let's see....1/4 pill is 2 mg, so 1/8 of a pill is 1 mg and 1/16 of a pill is .5? Have I got that right? Guess I better get out the trusty razor blades :) I have been keeping all "crumbs" in a medicine box...thanks to ladder's suggestion, that sometimes you might need to dip your finger in that when you get very low.

I dose twice daily. I sure would like to be at once daily dosing. I'd like to get that "afternoon habit" out of the way....just gone, so I'm only dosing once in the morning when I get up. I currently do 4 mgs am and 2 mgs pm. Think I will keep whittling away that afternoon dose til I'm down to .5 in the afternoon.

I hope to be where you are at by June, mg. .5 mgs/day sounds wonderful to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Aqua I switched to the 2mg strips btw I found a 45.00 co pay card on suboxone.com good thru sept, there was a 75.00 one ( I was using) but it expired march 31st now its 45.00 if anyone needs it print it off that website

I feel good today just got back from a nice long ride on my bike. I did notice I was weak in the gym today because I had no appetite yesterday so I made sure to eat today and when I dont feel hungry I make a protein shake

Aqua I was cutting the 8mg strips into 16 pieces what a drag that was...... the 2mg strips its so much easier to work with. Your doing great too girl. I am hoping to only dose once a day but on the days I take .25 if its to much for me I am prepared to dose another .25 but didnt need to yesterday... and today I took the whole .5 and I am fine.

I think the sneezing is part allergies I do have them and part withdrawal.. but who really knows lol

Ok off to do more house stuff and stay busy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The sneezing seems to be directly related to Suboxone detox, I can't explain it, but I have seen plenty of people tapering or quitting sub who get the sneezies. It's a weird one, that's for sure. I never got sneezing fits coming off Hydrocodone or Oxycodone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey mg113 -

I just read thru your whole taper thread and I have to give you props! You're doing a great job with your taper and your commitment to exercise and just keeping a positive attitude.

It seems like you've gotten plenty of good advice already, so I'll just say keep up the amazing work! When you get thru this taper you will feel so accomplished. I remember one day about 30 days after my last dose of Sub when I woke up and I just felt AMAZING. I'd been feeling better and better for the past few weeks, but that day I woke up and it was like I felt great from the moment that I opened my eyes and I knew that I'd made it.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'm rooting for ya!

PS - The sneezing thing...I had that too. It goes away eventually. :D

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:34 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

yesterday was a good day the whole day thru slept good had some me time , today I took .25, hit the gym and I feel great right now............... going riding with my bf this afternoon so I cant imagine i will feel bad the weather here is just perfect for a ride .............. I am only going to worry about today and today I know I will have a good day and wont be doing anything stupid :)

thanks quitter for the encouragement sometimes its hard to see what we really have accomplished :)
posts like yours give me hope that I too can push thru this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

wow yesterday at .25 I was absolutely fine, no clonadine nothing..............I decided today I would just do another .25 and see how that goes I am sure being out with the boyfriend on our motorcycles most of the day helped me not think about it but whatever the reason I felt good all day and still do now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next