It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: amount of script
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all, I just found this site today and have been reading for hours. Hope i'm not posting in wrong place.. I have been driving to my sub dr. for about 1 year, 60 miles away. Going every 2 weeks and getting 21 2mg suboxone. I found a place in my town that prescribes this med but don't know if you can swith dr's and if all dr's give a 2 week supply. I don't mean to sound unappreciative as this has been the best year of my life..... any help out there???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:07 pm 
HI caj! I don't think it would be wrong at all to check in to seeing a doctor closer to home. You might want to interview him/her first and make sure it's a good fit before you "quit" your other doctor though. That type of thing happens in health care all the time - you know, insurance change requires new doc, you move and need a new doc in your new area, whatever. As far as your question re: your script - my doc writes me for 90 8mg and requires me to see him once a month, so it seems like you're having to go a lot considering you do have a distance to drive. If you decide not to switch docs, you sure might ask if since you've been stable on your Sub for a year, if you could drop to monthly visits. Never hurts to ask. I know what you mean too though - you don't want to complain after Suboxone has essentially given you your life back - you'll drive 500miles once a week if you have to, huh!! Let us know what you find out.

Post subject: move to broward cty
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

detox doctors all over the place here,where do u live? cant u buy them on line,i checked CVS versus my doc they were 2 dollars less ,walmart doesnt carry subx,,,im still new to all this i hope we all get better im only a month behind in my bills life could be worse,,take care Brother

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: amount of script
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey caj, I too am new to this site. Just read your post and thought I would tell you my experiance with this. When I first went on suboxone I went to a doc my friend was going to. This doctor charged you $40.00 for the "office visit" and u just basically went in,paid your 40 bucks,and get a script for 7 8mg pills for the week. I would have to do this EVERY WEEK! And the doc didn't even see you, so basically you were paying $40.00 just for the script,then would also have to pay for the meds once you got it filled at the pharmacy. I didn't have insurance at the time so it got to be quite expensive. Where I live you can get sub filled almost anywhere- Walgreens, Walmart,CVS,KMart. Well, I ended up relapsing on heroin so that doc "fired me". Couple months later I started calling around to find a doc that could prescribe sub and found one in the same city I live in. I had also got approved for Medicaid (I am a single mom w/ low income) anyways, made appt. With this new doc and told him about my last doc and he increased my dose to 12mg/day. I've been going to him for the last 17 months now and am down to 8mg/day. There was also some kind of program I applied for at my doc through reckitt(sp?) The company that makes?suboxone. At one point I didn't have any insurance so the company would send my meds for 1 month at a time to my doc and once a month I see my doc and would just get the actusl meds in his office. So now that I've got my medicaid back, I still see him only once a month and I get a script from my doc,medicaid pays for my doc visit and my meds. I am so gratefull for that! So don't give up and just call around. Hopefully there will be a doc who can prescribe it closer to you and like "setmefree" said, maybe you can only see him once a month. Good luck and keep us posted!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

im sorry drg74 walmart in florida does NOT sell Suboxone so dont tell other addicts they do!I buy from my drs office soes there no paper trail back to insurance cos or the law ,,im former military understand anyone can find out what u do when u do it like maybe exwifes and youre fighting for custody .None of this applies to me but im far from perfect.When your Military police for 10 yrs thats just way u think,,,Private doctors cannot report you even if they are served!Im not trying to be negative ive been a drug addict for yrs,and miss it everday,Everybody try to stay private u dont need any more problems we all have enough im sure.I did shop doctors in Broward cty and theres alot of so called Medicine givers and people that care about our addictions,i wish everyone the best,,
Major Ft Lauderdale

Post subject: sub at walmart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry if I somehow ticked you off when I said you CAN get sub at Walmart,but I didn't know where you lived. I'm from Porter County,Indiana and where I live I can and have gotten it at Walmart and all the other pharmacies I mentioned. When I first went on sub though the only place I could get it from was CVS,but now we have it just about anywhere. Again, I just wanted to apoligize if I upset anyone or gave false hope by what I said. Have agood day!

Post subject: just grumpy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey 74 wats up ,im not mad probably just miss u know what!!!!My wife and i get all our scrips at walmart u know normal stuff, but i dont know anyone that gets PKs or subx there, i called them i know all the girls there and they simply said that they dont supply or special order suboxone in the state.By the way Broward cty,ie,Fort Lauderdale is the easiest place to buy oxycodone in the country its on the national news all the time.Then costa rica,Bahamas,mexico..2 nites ago local news had cams on a pain clinic in Boca Raton,thats where my office is ,of 2 guys from Kentucky booting up roxies outside the clinic in the parking lot.Also undercover narcs buying roxies outside the clinics,arresting people,theres a show on tv called Police women of Broward cty,always busting girls or prostitutes with roxies watch it sometime.Anyways today my 6th day without any oxy,,but i did do a little skiing last nite and my buddy gave some good chronic havent smoked yet,any advice??
u know ive been all over the world in two wars but never Indiana,any sexy girls or kool people? be good Brother,,,
Major,,FT.Lauderdale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Caj: I am going through a similar situation. I am paying way too much for my doc. 600mo. and way to much for my meds. 7$ apill. I want to look for another doc. The problem is that the doc and I spoke for a long time about the subox and how long I can take it and How long he would write. He said he's got no problem with long term and if I ran out he would call in some xtra. (not that I would run out) I take less than what is required. He wants me to take 3 aday. Way too much for me. I take 4mg maby 6mg. on a bad day. He is willing to go the xtra mile for me. I love him but he is way too expensive. So before I move I will check out other docs and make dam sure they will give me the same treatment programm. I wanted long term and when it is time I will with the docs help wean off the med. slowly, cause I do not want to go through withdraws. Been there done that and ended up in the ER. Almost died. Never again. Anyway, make sure U check out the other docs and U are satisfied with there programm. do not sell your self short. Be sure. You will do great. U sound like U really want this and UR ready. Go for it. Do whatever it takes. Life is too short to live it in a fog. U know what I mean. I don't know if they have a QVL not CVL, where U live but the subox there are 4$ each. I don't go there cause it's 40miles away. I go to Right Aid and there 7$ but they work with me and let me buy a few at a time. I buy between 3 and 10 at the time. Just depends on my money. after paying the doc 600 Im broke. so its hard to come up with 300$ to fill my script. Man the subox cost just as much as oxys. I think, man, If Im gonna pay that much I should at lest catch a buzz. (lol) I know better. Good luck.

Thanks,
Darren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks to all that replied to my post. Now I am worried because I use my insurance for my scripts. What do you mean you don't want government to know? I thought this was a good thing. I pay 25.00 to walk in and get my script and have seen dr. 1 time(first day). There is an add on this site for a sub. dr. I called monday and was told someone would call me back, but they never did. It's such a small town and I'm sure I could'nt get script filled here. I go to a methadone clinic to pick up my script and the mental clinic that was advertised on this site is the one that didn't call me back. I'm kinda scared to call them again. Found it bizzare a mental clinic didn't call back when they said they would. Would you call them back?? I wish I knew how the dr. knew to put that ad up. It would'nt be that big of a deal to drive but they will only let me get my script m-f 5am-2pm. I work m-f so I lie alot to get to dr. That's the worst part as it reminds me of my morphine days... lie, lie, lie...... I have used all my vacation on this. I could go at 5am but pharmacy doesn't open until 9 so i would have to make 2 trips... oh my.. but I feel so good. After finding this site I have been stressed about weaning all the way and before this site I wasn't worried at all. Started at 24mg and a year later on 3mg. thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

caj wrote:
Thanks to all that replied to my post. Now I am worried because I use my insurance for my scripts. What do you mean you don't want government to know? I thought this was a good thing. I pay 25.00 to walk in and get my script and have seen dr. 1 time(first day). There is an add on this site for a sub. dr. I called monday and was told someone would call me back, but they never did. It's such a small town and I'm sure I could'nt get script filled here. I go to a methadone clinic to pick up my script and the mental clinic that was advertised on this site is the one that didn't call me back. I'm kinda scared to call them again. Found it bizzare a mental clinic didn't call back when they said they would. Would you call them back?? I wish I knew how the dr. knew to put that ad up. It would'nt be that big of a deal to drive but they will only let me get my script m-f 5am-2pm. I work m-f so I lie alot to get to dr. That's the worst part as it reminds me of my morphine days... lie, lie, lie...... I have used all my vacation on this. I could go at 5am but pharmacy doesn't open until 9 so i would have to make 2 trips... oh my.. but I feel so good. After finding this site I have been stressed about weaning all the way and before this site I wasn't worried at all. Started at 24mg and a year later on 3mg. thanks again

I live in Kansas.

Post subject: sorry
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Can you tell I am new at this. Sorry and please have faith in me, I will figure it out.

Post subject: I guess I'm really lucky
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:28 pm 
I live in an ultraconservative rural area outside Richmond, Virginia. Not an area that's very friendly or progressive toward drug addicts. So imagine my surprise when I found out the only family practicioner in my town is licenced to prescribe Suboxone. He is the best doctor! He charges $100 a visit, accepts insurance and will write me precriptions for 90 days worth of pills every visit. That means I only go to my doctor's office 4 times a year. I only take one 8 mg Sub a day, but I tell him I take two so he writes the script for 60 pills with 2 refills. My insurance pays for the whole script so I have a large stash "just in case" I ever lose my coverage or whatever else the future holds. I would advise anyone who has good insurance that pays for Suboxone to get your doctor to write the script for more Sub than you actually need so you'll have extra for the future.
As for my doctor, he has said he will prescribe as long as I wish to take it, indefinately. It is clear that this 'country' doctor has a thouroughly modern view of addiction as a chronic medical disease. How refreshing to hear the truth in such an unlikely place!!
As for finding a better doctor, I would say to definately shop around. There's got to be someone out there who is prescribing for compassionate reasons rather than financial. After the first month or so you should not have to go see the doctor more than once a month, and really no more than every three months. The only reason to see the doctor sooner is to line the doctor's pocket. Have you tried the doc finder at Suboxone.com ? That's how I found all the Sub doc's in my area. I wish you luck, because I think it's a real shame that your current doc finds it neccesary to take advantage of you financially by making you come into the office so often. It's a bunch of bullshit, because Suboxone was intended to be given in large quantities and taken home to be managed by the addict. As I said, I get 60 8 mg pills at a time and I never have any problem at all. The reason is, my doctor genuinely knows how Suboxone works and isn't trying to make a big profit off of my addiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If its not broke, dont fix it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's good to find sites that provide information on the doctor you're looking for, see what other people are saying about the doctor and if they think he is fair and genuine. The recovery process is something that should be done right, and the last thing you need is a doctor trying to strictly profit from your addictions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

When I first got on sub my doctor recommended a certain nearby pharmacy that she said seems to always have sub in stock--it's a Longs drugstore with a CVS pahrmacy. sure enough they always had it in stock. But becase the location was a bit difficult for me to get to I switched for a while to a Walgreens because they had a sign that said "Longs customers welcome." Before I registered with the Walgreens though, I very specifically asked it they keep sub in stock or would they be ordering it every time I refilled? They assured me they would have it in stock, but then, every time I refilled there they did NOT and I had to wait. So I switched back to the CVS at Longs. Only once there were they unable to fill my script on the spot, and that time they gave me 3 pills to tide me over until the reorder came in. I've also had no problem with any riaes or lowered eyebrows at the Longs CVS whereas at the Walgreens the courtesy level from staff wasnt' as high. As for price, I'm not sure I pay the same every time--it seems like each time they negotiate with the insurance company. My copay is zero but only after I've met a huge annual deductible. Last time I refilled the sub it was $188 (rounding a few cents down) for 30 of the 8/2 tabs. I never know what to expect regarding prices for medications or appointments though, like I said, it seems like there is constant negotiation with the insurance company. And one time I had two wildly different quotes on the price of my sub from the same pharmacy on the same day...when I dropped off the script and asked how much it would be they said one thing, but when I picked it up it was much lower than that. I sure wish healthcare and medication wasnt' a matter of depending on how much money a person has....