It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am a newbie on this forum

I saw a couple of old post about Ameritox Labs, so I thought that I would bring up a few points I have learned about Ameritox after doing a lot research.

Ameritox uses a proprietory process different than other drug testing labs. It is called GuardianRX. In this anaylsis they uses gc/ms analysis to assess what drugs are in a patients blood and/or urine like many drug testing companies. The BIG difference is that Ameritox claims that they can tell exactly how much of a drug and when the drug was taken. This is reported in detail on Ameritox's website. They are claiming to have a dada base of over 5000 patients and they use these patients who are supposedly in compliance with their drug treatment's analysis to form a "curve" indicating what amount of certain drugs should be at certain doses. So say for instance a patient is taking 24 mg of suboxone and 6 mg of naxolone in three doses, according to their (Ameritox's) "curve" that patients analysis for these two drugs should be say 600 ng/ml of sub and 550 ng/ml of nx. These numbers are just made up for the intent of describing how Ameritox says their GuardianRX analysis testing process works. If a patients analysis were to be 400 and 350, that would indicate to them, that the patient is taking the drug, but is taking a lower dose than prescribed and this is getting patients discharged because the amount was too low according to this "curve". This also works if the analysis was to show 900 and 750 ng/ml, this to Ameritox would indicate that the patient is taking too much of the drug(s). This system is not taking into account how much fluids were taken prior to UDT, or ones metabolism, some people just metabolize drugs at different [/u[u]]rates. Ameritox's lab results also commonly show drugs up, typically at low concentrations though that the patient has never even taken. One of my last Ameritox test showed I had appropriate levels of the prx'd meds, but also indicated tiny amounts of PCP, DMT, MARIJUANA (their metabolites, which I had to google to see what the hech they were), and this is just three of about 7-8 drug metabolites that were on the analysis, I had never even heard of some of them. The test usually indicates drug metabolites at like 7, 14, 21 ng/ml with a lab cut off limit of 50 ng/ml, so they were reported actually as negative, but the numbers still showed that that metabolite was in my system though !!! . If their (Ameritox) testing is so accurate, why so many false positives?

I know people who have tested psoitive for drugs I know they never took even, like an elderly family member who has terminal cancer and she tested positive for a metabolite of Hydromorphone, and they refuse even in severe pain to take anything stronger than lortab 5/500 and OTC's. A friend of mine tested positive for opiates @433 mg/ml with the cut off of 50 ng/ml, but it did not show any hydrocone, an opiate (it's metabolite), but had NEGATIVE for all of the metabolites of opiates, wtf ??? illicit and prx opiates, and the doctor discharged them. I know he has been seeing that doctor for over 2 years, and he knew since he went only every 3 months, that they usually drug screened him and I know them well enough I know he had been taking his meds, ( he never runs out! ) and never had a problem until that doctor started using Ameritox.

After Ameritox started posting on their website how much more accurate their testing and how it protects doctors licenses by pinpointing patients who are abusing, diverting their meds, is and how as I briefly described the GuardianRX process,against Amerito Milennium Laboratories filed a law suit x for false advertising. At the trial (which results of are easily found on the www) Milennium had a lot of scientist and other expert witnesses testify, in July of this year, Milennium won the lawsuit, and Ameritox had to alter their adverstising, send letters telling all their clients how their advertising had been misleading, etc...

I makes me angry to think of all of the people who get wrongfully discharged and that a ("failed UDT-Drug Abuser") would then be on their medical records from then on. I realize that many of these people just got busted, but I do know of several, from only one doctors office of many in this area that got the boot after the doc switched from Lab Corp to Ameritox. Imagine how difficult it would be to try and convince a new doctor, oh there was a law suit about that, and I am sure they made a mistake on MY lab analysis. Right...

That brings me back to suboxone/subutek drug testing which concerns the majority of us here. I do know that there have to be people on this forum who's doctor uses Ameritox for their lab analysis. I wonder how big or what portion of the "curve" that Ameritox's, GuardianRX is comprised of suboxone patients? What would one do, except look for another clinic to help them while they are in wd's..

This does not mention , like one thread I read when I searched for Ameritox, that a lot of insurance plans do not cover this analysis, they said on their post that the analysis was like $400.00 in 2011. How many people are having to pay out of pocket for their test(s), and how many insurance companies may drop this type of testing from coverage?

This being a election year, we have no idea what might happen. I do know that for those like myself that are permanently disabled and are enrolled in Medicare's Part D drug coverage, that if Romney gets elected that the help for prescription drugs in the "doughnut hole" will disappear, making suboxone unaffordable for me anyway.

My last couple of doctors use Ameritox, including the one I see now to get my sub and I know on my analysis that it even shows a lot of false poitives at low ng/ml's too, and for metabolites that I have never heard of either (below the lab's cut off though). I am glad that I have had no problem as of yet, but I do know that the doctor I am seeing now who prescribes my sub and clonazepam said he does not believe in second chances, I have nothing to worry about on my end of the test(s) , but I do sometimes worry about Ameritox and their multi-billion dollar a year GuardianRx drug testing protocol.

I hope to hear others experiences, comments about Ameritox and/or other drug testing companies

Post subject: Links
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I posted links to supprt this info in my copliace thread.

I hope this will close this thread...........<><><><><>>?<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>