It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am not on suboxone but am trying to get help and this came up on google. sorry this is so long but i am extremelly upset about this and desperately want help to get this company sued or something ive seen old lawsuits so how is this company STILL around? the one who screwed me over is the ameritox out of Georgia. Can i file a malpractice lawsuit or how would i go about this for the pain agony LIES , embarassment, etc..i have never had any addiction in my LIFE i am the most antiaddict person youll ever meet due to being in love w an addict for many years who put me through hell.
i have been through HELL the last few weeks, first my pain mgmt said i had amphetamine in my urine test, i told them i had taken what i thought was a fake diet pill, so they sent it to ameritox to be tested, while making me suffer withdrawals for a WEEK, only to hear they said i had 4 times the normal amount of dilaudid in my system, i have NEVER taken that in my life!!!!!i told them i want it RETESTED because that is WRONG! they said to call them myself so i did, they would NOT tell me anything, only the dr office could call them. My dr office said in order to be seen i had to go get a ASSESSMENT by a drug addiction counslor! i was in SHOCK! i argued etc and finalyl just WENT in hopes of MAYBE getting my meds which i paid $235 the week before for my appt (they kept my money until the drug test came back) so THIS counselor did a test and said i had positive for benzodiazapenes!! i was again IN SHOCK i told her can it maybe be the valerian root./passion flower that ive been taking? she said its possible but still needs to be sent to the lab! i was so upset at this point, in pain etc..my dr said to come there after this assessment which i did, another 40 min drive in excruciating pain..
get there only to have my dr office call me and say that drug counselor needs to see me again and i need to go right back there , im like I JUST PULLED UP HERE! so he had her call me, and she said she spoke to my dr and hes concerned because i have 4 times the normal amount of dilaudid plus now her test showing benzodiazapenes ! i was histerically crying at this point wondering what kind of JOKE this was...i told my dr office manager i want my test REDONE! cuz this is a LIE! so a few min later i see him on the phone and hes like ok come on back! like nothings wrong, i said i want a copy of the lab results, it said hydromorphone i was like what is this? hes like thats the dilaudid lol i was liek I DIDNT AND NEVER HAVE TAKEN THAT DRUG IN MY LIFE! he says its ok someone messed up somewhere, like no big deal!
so i never got any explanation at all about this bs nobody apologized or anything..and the drug counselor i saw i told her that my pharmacist said the dr i see now nobody knows about him and he hinted that my pain management clinic would be shut down soon, and shes like wow he seems like a good dr to me he sends MANY people here! so it seems like they got something going on w this and it isnt legal or RIGHT like they r making money for each other, its ridiculous! i looked up ameritox and there have been several lawsuits can anyone help me figure out what to do? i have emailed a few malpractice lawyers but none have got back to me, im sure its because pain management is involved and everything thinks chronic pain patients are junkies .
i have been disabled since last summer lost my job due to my disabilities, i have to wait a YEAR for a disability hearing since they deny everyone and i am done with my unemployment so i have no way to even pay for this anymore but praying i get medicaid which would be a miracle and then i could go to a NORMAL dr who actually cares about his patients UNLIKE this place....oh and ive been on THE SAME amount of norco 10/325 4/day and ms contin-15 mg ONCE a day for a year my dr never asks if its working etc which it has barely been helping my pain for months now due to the watson pills no longer working since they were bought by activas. pLEASE someone help i saw a similar post on here and im praying this person was able to sue or something......the BIG thing that just happened yesterday, these pos actually sent me a BILL for $99 HAHAHAHA after making me go through HELL and giving my dr a FALSE test result..oh yeah also they said i had negative for amphetamines (which my dr said was positive)lol a nightmare and ive been through hell for years now i am just so depressed over this stuff i pray someone can help me figure out what to do next. i have tried to see if my old primary care dr would see me until my disability gets approved but i dont think he will due to all the new laws . oh and this dr i see now changed our prescriptions to every 28 days!@ we have to be seen! at $200 a visit or $235 if they decide to do a drug test! plus another $150 for meds, and now are requiring a BLOOD TEST EVRY 3 months! i can not afford this crap and if i have no meds i wont be able to get out of bed. let alone sit at a computer . please reply asap. maybe if enough people get together we can have a class action lawsuit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hi...im sry this is happening to you.

i did a google search for you, and apparently a small amount of morphine is converted to hydromorphone by your liver. You mentioned you were on ms contin...so maybe your doc is not aware of that when interpreting your urinalysis. I would provide you with a link to the site i got the info from, but im on the web with my phone and not sure how to do it....i typed "morphine false positive dilaudid"

sry i couldnt be of more help, but maybe you could print that info and take to your doctor...sorry your being di**ed around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm so sorry to hear you are you through this mess. BUT....
If you are going to continue to stay on pain pills this is going to be your life for however long you need opiates. Trust me I know a lot of people who take pain meds and every single one of them experiences this kind of BS ALL THE TIME!!! That is something you should seriously consider if you need pain management with opiates long term. You either put up with this kind of BS or get off them. A few times a year one or more things will happen...
1. The pharmacy will refuse to fill your script for a number of stupid reasons they seem to pull out of their a$$
2. Your doctor will try to "fire" you as a patient (this happens ALL the time sometimes several times a year)
3. Your doctor will tell you he will no longer be writing you a script for opiates (forget about tapering down)
4. You will break your "contract" for a number of stupid reasons
5. You will call to get your script refilled and it will be too early (even though it's really not)

So please understand I'm not trying to say what happened to you wasn't unfair I'm just saying that is daily life for a pain patient thanks to junkies like me who abused pills and ruined it for people like you who really need them. For that I'm very sorry. You should decide now before your tolerance skyrockets if the ends justify the means. Just go on google and search "doctor cut me off my meds". There are literally hundreds of thousands of people who are experiencing what you are multiple times a year. They are fighting and just barely hanging on just so they can refill their medication every month.

I also suggest you read the newest post on dr Junigs blog www.suboxonetalkzone.com it talks about your situation with pain management.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry you were treated like that because of people like me. I hope you can prove the UA was wrong. If not I hope your doctor believes you!

Peace and love,
Squeaky

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm so sorry to hear you are you through this mess. BUT....
If you are going to continue to stay on pain pills this is going to be your life for however long you need opiates. Trust me I know a lot of people who take pain meds and every single one of them experiences this kind of BS ALL THE TIME!!! That is something you should seriously consider if you need pain management with opiates long term. You either put up with this kind of BS or get off them. A few times a year one or more things will happen...
1. The pharmacy will refuse to fill your script for a number of stupid reasons they seem to pull out of their a$$
2. Your doctor will try to "fire" you as a patient (this happens ALL the time sometimes several times a year)
3. Your doctor will tell you he will no longer be writing you a script for opiates (forget about tapering down)
4. You will break your "contract" for a number of stupid reasons
5. You will call to get your script refilled and it will be too early (even though it's really not)

So please understand I'm not trying to say what happened to you wasn't unfair I'm just saying that is daily life for a pain patient thanks to junkies like me who abused pills and ruined it for people like you who really need them. For that I'm very sorry. You should decide now before your tolerance skyrockets if the ends justify the means. Just go on google and search "doctor cut me off my meds". There are literally hundreds of thousands of people who are experiencing what you are multiple times a year. They are fighting and just barely hanging on just so they can refill their medication every month.

I also suggest you read the newest post on dr Junigs blog www.suboxonetalkzone.com it talks about your situation with pain management.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry you were treated like that because of people like me. I hope you can prove the UA was wrong. If not I hope your doctor believes you!

Peace and love,
Squeaky

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:53 am 
New Poster
New Poster

BeautifulDisaster wrote:
hi...im sry this is happening to you.

i did a google search for you, and apparently a small amount of morphine is converted to hydromorphone by your liver. You mentioned you were on ms contin...so maybe your doc is not aware of that when interpreting your urinalysis. I would provide you with a link to the site i got the info from, but im on the web with my phone and not sure how to do it....i typed "morphine false positive dilaudid"

sry i couldnt be of more help, but maybe you could print that info and take to your doctor...sorry your being di**ed around!

thank u i appreciate it..if the dr did this on purpose wouldnt that be considered malpractice?? when i was upset in their office i called my sister and was talking about what was happening and mentioned how im gonna be calling my lawyer cuz somethin isnt right. and right after that is when they brought me back. that MIGHT make sense but he said the dilaudid was 4 times the normal amount