It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

a critical detail. Induction is in one week and already in moderate w/d - at lowered dose of oxy.

If PCP would prescribe, is ambian - the sleeping pill - bad to take prior to induction. Since I have to wait this week ambian really works and even lessens anxiety. I have only taken it a few sporadic weeks - but if I did take it for sleep prior to induction for a week would that be bad? I know it would provide some sleep.

But if it caused a precp W/D that would be the worst.
Is it really a good idea to sit in moderate w/d for a week when weakened by these drugs for years?

the dose is cut much resulting in a very painful experience --nothing to do while waiting and minutes are hours.

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The best person to ask would be your doctor. Although it's not an opiate, sometimes docs don't like a person to be on sleep aides and suboxone because they fear respiratory depression. And while your in a state of semi-withdrawl waiting to be inducted try hot baths (they helped me immensely when I went cold turkey from oxy) and just do your best to keep your mind occupied. Rent some funny movies, go for a walk, listen to music..anything to help distract yourself from how crappy your feeling. Your doing well, I could never taper or maintain any kind of reasonable dose. How much oxy were you taking and how much are you taking now? Anyways hang in there, the week will probably seem like it's taking forever but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's pretty much the same thing as with the Valium you asked about. Ambien also won't have an affect on your induction or cause P/W. But like has been said, though, some doctors don't want sub patients on both. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.