It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: always plan ahead
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just got a random letter in the mail that my sub doctor is retiring in exactly one month and they "hope thats enough time to find a new doctor and everything" and thank god I saved medication from every Rx over the years and have enough for my taper without ever needing to transfer to another doctor but I feel for the other 99 patients that may not have that rainy day supply. I know if it was me Id be in a huge panic and honestly its kind of shitty that they would only let you know a month in advance, Id imagine a situation like shutting down your practice is something they would know they were considering well before 30 days before they shut the doors. I dont have any hard feelings over it but it just goes to show five years of rapport really means nothing if all you get is a little note 30 days before the date that pretty much says "hope you find a dr if not sorry you're screwed". I dont really have much of a reason for this post other than to encourage others to always have a rainy day supply because drs just don't understand how brutal withdrawal from bupe is and they think "oh well if patient x can't find a dr they will just feel a little under the weather for 1 or 2 days and be fine" which is completely untrue.

Post subject: Re: always plan ahead
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:00 pm 

I agree that was pretty crappy. Unless it was a last minute decision he probably knew the retirement date months ahead of time and should have told all the Bup patients.

Not everyone will want to taper and stop. Like you said BP they are most likely panicking.