It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all,

I am new to this forum or any forum in that case, and I am not sure if this topic has been posted already, but I am desperate for help and I am really hoping somebody can help me out! I have been using opiates for 3 years, and five months ago I decided to get help and got on Suboxone. I have been very sucessfull so far and went from 8 milligramg to 2 milligrams daily and am hoping of stoping in next two to three months. Now I am senior at a University and have a full time job. Last month my doctor offered me the new film form of Suboxone, and due to the savings i can get due to manufacturers coupon, and the plain fact that it really makes no difference to me if I use the film or tablet, I started using them. I soon realized that I get few benefits from them, compared to tablets, which are, easier and faster to use, easier to carry and few others. With my pretty busy schedules these were all positives. Here is where the negative comes in. I started getting something similar to canker sores under my tongue. I never had them before but I figured there is a first for everything, so i went online, and found out that they are common and that they usually last for ten to fourteen days. Its been three weeks now and I still have sorness under my tongue and it burns a little when I place the film under my tongue as well. Now if there is no alternatives I will go back to tablet, since I never had problems with them, but due to convinience of the film, I was wondering if somebody here can help me. I read somewhere that the pill can be placed between the lip and the gums, somewhat like the chew tobacco, but wasnt sure if this was the case with the film as well. Now I just want to point out one IMPORTANT fact. I am not trying to abuse or find ways to get high off of Suboxone, which to me is absurd due to fact that it should be used for detox, thus being a oxymoron, but the mere fact that I preffer the film for its convinience. I am not interested in suggestions of using the suboxone in any ways except via the mouth. ( No shooting up, snorting, anally etc) If anybody can offer any help, I would highly appreciate it. I am seeing my doctor in 9 days and I am hoping of finding an alternate way so I can stay on my film, but if not, I talk to her and see what her advice is. Also the canker sores under my tongue dont look very large, only few dots here and there, and there is some discomfort and pain, but I am able to eat, talk , drink and all of that, with slight discomfort as I said. It only burns little more when I place the film under my tongue. Also no fever or body aches. Again all of your help would be highly appreciated and welcome and appropriate suggestions. Thank you all in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome to the forum. I never took the film, but I would hope your first move would be to pick up your phone and call your doc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum! I didn't like the films so I returned to using the tablets. But I don't see why the films would be any different in that they will absorb in any of the mouth's mucous membranes - meaning you could put it anywhere in the mouth. I'm not sure on this, but it's what logic tells me. Maybe someone will come along with more certain information.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:25 pm 
Ok well i had to switch to subutex because im allergic to the artificial sweetner in suboxone. I was getting the canker sores with the suboxone tablets. I read in the pamphlet for the films that the films actually contain more of the artifiicial sweetner than the tablets do. If you can get switchd to subutex this problem with completely disappear. I had them for months and months 2 at a time and they would last 2 to 3 weeks with horrible horrible pain. A: You can be switched to subutex and not have to deal with the sores ever again. B: You will just have to deal with it and i dont mean that rudely. Im just saying thats most likely the cause of the sores and the only way to fix it is to switch to subutex. Subutex does NOT contain the artificial sweetner. The sweetner is called, Acesulfame k Sweetner. Look it up online and you can find out everything about it. Are you by chance allergic to sulfa in medications? If so, it says people allergic to sulfa should avoid any form of aritificial sweetners. Thats the problem plain and simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 pm 
Also another reason it could be happening with the films and not the tablets is the films stick to the inside of your mouth much more firmly than the tablets. So you are probably absorbing much more of this artificial sweetner. Either way, like i said above that is whats happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 pm 
The fact that the film stick so firmly in place is the only thing I like and dislike about the it. If you get it in the right place its great but if you get it in the wrong place your pretty much fucked. I aslo kind of like that I can dissolve the film within 30 seconds if I push it around with my tongue, then I get 20-30 minutes for the actual the solution to absorb and dont have to wait for the film to break down since when its in whole form its doing nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know the answer to this, but do the films break down in water? I was thinking perhaps you could melt a film in water then put the water under your tongue instead of the film. From what I understand any mucus membrane in the mouth can absorb suboxone, so as long as you don't swallow for about 15 to 20 minutes, you should get absorption.

What I don't know is if the film will break down in water. The fact that it breaks down in saliva doesn't necessarily mean it will break down in water, but if you've got one extra film, it might be worth a try.

Then again, if the extra sweetener is the root of the problem, this solves nothing.

Sorry, that's all I've got

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

junkie781 wrote:
I don't know the answer to this, but do the films break down in water? I was thinking perhaps you could melt a film in water then put the water under your tongue instead of the film. From what I understand any mucus membrane in the mouth can absorb suboxone, so as long as you don't swallow for about 15 to 20 minutes, you should get absorption.

i'm kinda curious about this as well.. as another person mentioned.. there's been times i've put the strip in my mouth and it didn't go where i wanted but it's already pretty much stuck.. also times it sticks to my finger and when i was trying to get it under my tongue it got wet and started to disappear on my finger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

retoons wrote:
junkie781 wrote:

i'm kinda curious about this as well.. as another person mentioned.. there's been times i've put the strip in my mouth and it didn't go where i wanted but it's already pretty much stuck.. also times it sticks to my finger and when i was trying to get it under my tongue it got wet and started to disappear on my finger.

Holy cow, junkie, what a fantastic idea!! That would be especially helpful for when we have to take very small doses and if that little piece slips out...well, it's all over and you just lost your dose. So, basically, you'd dissolve it in a teeny tiny bit of water and hold that in your mouth. You wouldn't have to struggle with keeping your tongue down for all that time.

I have learned the hard way to be very careful. I wash and dry my hands soooo well and look in the mirror when I put it under my tongue. Still, I've messed up plenty of doses. If I try to take my little piece the film and it doesn't work (sticks to my finger), I just abort the mission and try again with a different piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You guys gotta read the full precribing information. "sublingual" absorbtion means through the little veins under your toung. Don't put them on the side of your mouth or anywhere but under your tounge :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The tablets are sublingual ("under tongue") as well, but as we've learned from Dr. Junig, the tablets, and I believe he also said the films, will indeed dissolve the same way on any of the mucous membranes on the inside of the mouth. I originally thought it had to be on those little veins, too, but they do not. Just anywhere on the inside of the mouth. Check out Dr. Junig's blog entry (in Suboxone Talk Zone) about "maximum absorption". You'll find it discussed here on the forum in many places, too, but you'll get more info from Dr. J's blog entry.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OP you basically answered your own question, it aint rocket science,, place it anywhere besides under our tongue and it will work just fine...

They are permanently discontinuing the tablets in the future....... R/B has managed to convince the FDA and DEA that the film version is the only safe way now due to high abuse from the tablets... lol

Post subject: no more tablets?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Is that right? they are going to discontinue the tablets because of high rates of abuse? I can't think how is the film would be less attractive for diversion and that's the main type of "abuse" for sub isn't it? Once a person has been taking sub a while it's pretty much impossible to abuse it. And someone can just as easily take more or less sub than they are prescribed with the film as with the tabs. I don't get it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

^^^

its R/B they are trying to rake in more money by convincing people the film is better and telling dr's tablets arent safe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm one of the people who got sores under the tongue from the films. My doc said to just try putting them in different places under there, because I think he thinks they are phasing out the pills as well. Anyway, I just stuck it out and the sores cleared up on their own, and now I use the films with no problems.
I do think that RB are greedy a-holes, and the DEA are morons for listening to them (or more likely, are just in their pockets). I mean, how hard is it for someone to unwrap a bunch of films and just sell them in a vial or baggie?

Post subject: Help!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I haven't discuused my taper w/my Doc yet, or I could bother DR.J, but if there's a real "expert" out there please furnish bullet point answers:

I am at 3.04mg on my taper and afraid dicontinuing the film will derail my withdrawal. The doc tried to push the film on me and I hated it. (When he tried to sell me on the coupon, I'd like to kick his ass) The problem tapering by scoring the tabs: Besides all the "crumbling issues" Doc told me the med is unevenly distributed throughout the tablet!! Crushing is the only answer and dissolving in solution/oral administration is the saviour. :

1.) Is dicontinuing tabs. verifiable fact or rumor?

2.) Is there a "published" date when tabs no longer available?

3.) Is the film soluble in H20, or, if not, then what?

I know this sounds like unnecesary panic, but I would sure sleep better tonight (sleep? what's that?!!) if someone who really knows the facts could provide quick turnaround reply.

Thank you soooo much!