It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Whew! Today is the 2nd night that I have eliminated my evening dose of 1/8mg. I still take my 1/4 mg. in the morning when I wake up. So I am at JUST .25mg daily. I am feeling pretty good. It took me, what seemed like a long time, to get over the lethargy after my last few decreases, but I just keep on pushing thru. My main symptoms are lethargy. I am just so damed tired. Again I keep pushing thru my days. I just wanted to update ya'all on my progress. I hope that I will make another decrease in a couple weeks maybe sooner. I do not exactly know when I will step off or at what dose, but I really think I could do it now. I just want to be SURE I feel the least amount of WD symptoms as possible. Hope everyone is doing well....Night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang it dude, you're just kicking butt!! I'm stunned that you already dropped your evening dose, you're like a machine!!

I hope things keep moving along nicely for ya.

You haven't had any more contact with your "neighbor" lately, have you.....you're still doing good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ha HA hey Rome, Thanks for the kudos brother, NO no contact with the neighor. THANK GOD, I mean, I really do feel for her. She is so darned young and I know it will be a life long battle for her. Just as it has been for you and I, and so many others. It is just a shame.
I am feeling my decrease today. Strong medication. Basically, even at this low dose, I am feeling each decrease. I DID taper 1/3 of my total dose, so I guess I should expect to feel it. I just thought that since I am on such a small dose, that the half life dosent really apply. Does it? I am fortunate to be so low and so close to being off. It really is not all that difficult. I have taken 3 hot bathes today, mainly bc of being cold to the bone. It is raining here in S.California and I am guessing that it is a large part why I am so friggen cold.
So my symptoms are 1) Bitchyness...... :? 2) achy legs and lower back 3) lethargy...(this could be due to weed as well. I refrained from smoking for 3 days and I felt good enough to decrease...SOOOOO I have decided to refrain from smoking during the day.) That is about it for symptoms. I sleep well bc I take 1mg of xanax which BTW I am tapering as well. I have not had a HUGE issue w/ benzos at all. My dose has been 1.5-2mg at night for sleep, for the past (almost) 2 years. I am guessing I am not doing all that bad.
Well that is it for now guys.. Hope everyone is doing wonderful and enjoying life to the fullest. Please never let a day pass that you do not thank yourselves for all the hard workl you are doing weather it be tapering, maintaining or just staying clean. These are ALL HUGE and not easy...Blessings all............

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh and 4) I have noticed lots of sneezing.........which I kinda enjoy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yep, Suboxone is definitely a strong medication, no doubt about it. The other side of that coin is that we're opiate addicts, so whenever our brains have opiates given to them OR taken away from them, the brain goes completely ape shit. Ugh, I hate my brain sometimes. At times, I'd like to shock the ever loving shit right out of it in an attempt to make it stop being an addict, but I'm afraid all that would accomplish is me peeing my pants and STILL being an addict. Yeah, an addict with pee all over his pants, just what I need!!! LOL!!

As far as the half life applying at small doses, I've heard that the half life rule does apply to lower doses and I've heard that the half life rule does not apply at smaller doses. To tell you the truth, it really doesn't matter, all that matters is you're moving forward.

One thing I've learned over and over about wd is that there is definitely a mental component to it. The more we allow ourselves to get in our head and let fear rule us, the worse off we are. I am in NO WAY saying that wd is all in our head, I'm just trying to let you know to do whatever you can to maintain a positive attitude, which you seem to do very well.

The symptoms you mention are pretty much classic opiate wd. I know they SUCK, but they're all normal.

You're doing really good Sweet, you keep marching forward one day at a time and you'll be there soon enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Romeo, I feel really good today. No weed, although shortly after I woke up I thought I'd like to get stoned, but I didn't. I would rather NOT be tired & on my ass all day. I am hoping that i am begining to stabelize on .25mg. I really do not feel bad. I did start to notice my lower back ach slightly around 4pm. I woke up this AM at 7 and dosed. So 9 hrs of feeling totally normal. I can't complain. All is well. PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You shouldn't have much discomfort I dropped off at double your current dose and currently am through 91 hrs... zero opiates I never had a single symptom of withdrawals.. Maybe little RLS while sitting in class, other than that its been pretty damn tolerable

you could easily drop to nothing ;) with that being said take your TIME!! only you know how your body will handle it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

604, really! You quit at over .50 mg? That is certainly encouraging. I start feeling a little funky in the evenings at .25 mg. I am now about 5 days after decreasing my dose by 1/3. I was taking a little 1/8 mg piece in the eves. to feel more comfortable, and since stopping that I do not feel HORRIBLE in fact I can only hope this is what I will experience when finally stopping. I will indeed take my time and thank you kindly for the advise. 91 hrs huh? How are you feeling? I hope you are improving daily....& Congrats on stopping subox. It is no easy task..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yeah, had a little leg pain and some stomach issues but thats subsided.. last dose was at saturday 1am...

so its almost 5 days now... 1.5 hrs away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wow 604 great! I am ready to be off. I do not have cravings at all. I feel some WD in the evenings mostly aching back & legs, but not at all bad. I really want to get thru the "stepping off" part. Your replys really give me a boost of confidance, as does everyones comments. Congrats on your stopping sub. How are you feeling today? I hear sometimes that days 10-11 are when people really start to turn the corner for the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Mild joint pain some stomach issues nothing to bad. Starting to get all emotional thinking about some really stupid things.

I have been craving some opies but it stops in my mind have no urge to use. Which is good considering last time I used it was a ball in a week... so really bad hah

It will be 7 days at 1 am so 16 hrs away from half way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah the emotional stuff is a bit of a challenge for me too, but I finally realise that once ya deal with issues it gets easier and the joy is able to shine thru. I have spent time crying (& i usually do not cry easily) and onne I a done with the tears, I find myself laughing more than usual. I believe most of us addicts start using to avoid emotional pain. I am covered in tattoos and usually when I have an upsetting event, I go get more tattoos. I would much rather get tattood than get drugs. They cost about the same coincidentally. I often tell people, for every broken heart, i have a tattoo. Thats a LOT of broken hearts.
You are really doing great. Get emotional and let it out.. It will help more than you can imagine...Promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, the emotional phase, I remember that part well.....heck, I'm still not all the way out of it!! LOL

Early on in my wd, I would turn into a puddle over anything and everything, but I never tried to stifle it because afterwards, I always felt better. Was it a little embarrassing for a grown man to be crying, yep, but I also seemed to know that it was necessary?

I think Sweet said it right when she said, "Get emotional and let it out.. It will help more than you can imagine...Promise."

604, keep hanging in there man. You sound like you're doing really good, keep after it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, it helps alright. Romeo has a way of putting some humor in the reality of this mess. lol....it is the shits to feel so low ya know? Guess it is what we were covering up by using, now we're all shocked that we have feelings. I read over and over on these forums "I am not the emotional type" or something like this. I have even said it myself. Well, its cuz I didnt wanna feel, so I got high. Now I dont wanna get high, so I gotta feel. (still really don't wanna feel, but I gotta)
Speaking of feelings, I have felt pretty low past few days myself. Low energy, low appetite (except at night WTH?) I still force myself regularly. Take son to street fair, get ass to work, ride bike to beach, do 3 loads of laundry, cook dinner, clean the house, make almond milk..on and on and on. (still don't want to do WalMart though) I sure hope my energy improves soon.
I am still on .25 mg. just once a day. I really thought I was ok, and I am, just low low energy. SUCKSSSS!!! On the bright side it is gonna be 80 degrees this weekend so to the beach I go..................
Hope everyone is doing great. Have a beautiful weekend forum friends..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh, can I ever relate to the low energy thing, then as nighttime comes, KAPOW, I'm wide awake. It took me forever to get a hold of that one Sweet. Eating during the evening had become a hobby of mine too, I never did that while on drugs?

As far as the energy thing, it's like my circadian rhythm got all out of whack and it REFUSED to get back "in whack." (out of whack, in whack....makes sense, right?? :D )

I mean I would DRAG BUTT all day long, then along comes bedtime and my mind would go into overdrive?? Highly irritating!!

It eventually gets better. All I knew to do was to keep forcing myself through the days and at night, get whatever sleep I could.

I think your great attitude will serve you well Sweet, sure, you're gonna have some days where you feel like a bummer, but you gotta bounce back and BELIEVE that it gets better.

Rock On dude!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I feel like I am JUST begining to stabelize on my .25mg dose. I will stay here for a while. I think I will heed Taper57's advise and s l o w it down a bit. I am tired of feeling tired and my friggen back has been killing me. I have not been doing my walks or yoga, (still extremely active with life, work, kids and all) and this may be why I am not experiencing a "speedy recovery" with these past few drops. I know I have been really pushing myself and I am OK with where I am at. I have been having NOT perfect sleep but again I am down on my xanax dose too. I DO wanna be off soon however. I am going on a cruise to Mexico Cinco De Mayo weekend and I DO NOT want to be worried about my sub. or my xannys either. I do not want to be worried about my sub even now, but I am where I am. Well I just wanted to update. No relapse no contact w/ the neighbor, no BS, just moving forward and feeling pretty good aside all the previously mentioned stuff. I wonder if being wishy washy is a symptom of tapering?///