It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The last couple of days have not been good. I feel like I'm right back at day 2 and 3. I feel profoundly sad, lost and worried I won't make it through this. Doing any little thing is incredibly daunting, like going to the grocery store. I am so fatigued and blaaaaaah. I got up this morning and took a long walk and listened to music and felt better while doing it but the second I got home, I felt bad.

Wish I had a better update. I think it's safe to say I'm dealing with some PAWS. :-(

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang it, I'm sorry to hear you're so down.

Today is day 10 for you, right? Any acute wd you would have had is long gone by now, so I would have to guess you're working against some PAWS right now. PAWS are generally a light version of acute wd, but just because they are "light" doesn't mean they don't suck hard!!

The advice we give people when going through acute wd applies to PAWS as well. Music, watch funny TV shows, keep your mind and body occupied, hot showers, etc.

Your brain is trying its hardest to balance itself and relearn how to do its job. It will get there, it just takes a bit of time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Today (day 11, I think) was better than yesterday. Way better. Exercise helped me tremendously today. Yesterday, it seemed I only felt better while exercise but today the feel good effects seemed to continue. I also spent some time with my parents, who always make me laugh. I was pretty low energy this morning but I dealt with very little depression today.

Hopefully everyday shows a little more improvement.

Luckily for me, sleep hasn't really been a problem getting off opiates. I had a few semi rough nights at the beginning but even after just one week, I sleep beautifully, no sleep meds at all. I can sleep 9 hours straight if everyone in the house allows me!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay you!!

When I started exercising, I was stunned at how the feel good effects would last hours and hours and hours. For me, exercise is like an all natural antidepressant!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 12:

Not a lot to report. Same as day before. Low energy in the AM, got out and about with the family, took my brother in law out to lunch for Veterans Day, came home did some exercise and house cleaning and feeling much better. I need to start my day with some exercise, I think that'll really help with the morning blahs.

That's it for now. I'm doing it!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were feeling better by the end of the day. You know what made my mornings better? Music. Not sure what your home situation is like (kids..etc.) but if you can start your day off with a hot shower and some music IN the bathroom and while you're getting dressed, it will help put some pep into your step. I did that for a long time, almost a year. There is something about some good uppity music that really gets your butt moving. Especially in the AMs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just a quick update. Today marks two weeks since my last sub dose. I'm doing really well. Sleeping great, exercising daily, keeping busy. I have a sweet tooth like a mother fucker but I'll take that over craving opiates!

Things are going good!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

tinydancer wrote:
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were feeling better by the end of the day. You know what made my mornings better? Music. Not sure what your home situation is like (kids..etc.) but if you can start your day off with a hot shower and some music IN the bathroom and while you're getting dressed, it will help put some pep into your step. I did that for a long time, almost a year. There is something about some good uppity music that really gets your butt moving. Especially in the AMs.

And yes, music has been huge for me. It's a big part of my day :-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That is awesome to hear and very reassuring. I jumped off two days ago at 1mg and have had the blahs, low energy, cold sweats, etc. but nothing remotely close to full blown opiate WDS. I know that because of the long half life, I still have a little in the system, but I could sure feel the difference taking nothing for the last two days. I read on someone's post that you have to have a warrior mentality to get through this and that's really stuck with me. I'm not going to lie, I know it would be so much easier to just take a little Sub and feel better, but I think if I can push through the weekend that I should be through the worst of it by Monday, the 18th. Thanks for the update and please keep posting. Keep up the good fight.

-TMD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A sweet tooth like an M'fer, eh? LOL!!!

When I was on opiates, I didn't care much for sweets anymore, but once I got off.....watch out!! Mmmmm, chocolate!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

TMD wrote:
That is awesome to hear and very reassuring. I jumped off two days ago at 1mg and have had the blahs, low energy, cold sweats, etc. but nothing remotely close to full blown opiate WDS. I know that because of the long half life, I still have a little in the system, but I could sure feel the difference taking nothing for the last two days. I read on someone's post that you have to have a warrior mentality to get through this and that's really stuck with me. I'm not going to lie, I know it would be so much easier to just take a little Sub and feel better, but I think if I can push through the weekend that I should be through the worst of it by Monday, the 18th. Thanks for the update and please keep posting. Keep up the good fight.

-TMD

Totally!! The part about taking just a little sub. I was trying to explain to my mom when I felt like crap. I'm like, just imagine you're sick, with like the flu and your body hurts and you're chilled and you're beyond exhausted...now imagine there's this little tiny sliver of a pill sitting on your nightstand that you know will take it all away. Imagine how hard it would be to not take it!! Soldiering through that is a true testament of our strength. Whenever that thought crept in, and it did, I just kept telling myself that I'd be right back to square one and that the days before would have meant nothing. And it's true. Taking the sub (or any opiate) is simply delaying and prolonging the inevitable.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
A sweet tooth like an M'fer, eh? LOL!!!

When I was on opiates, I didn't care much for sweets anymore, but once I got off.....watch out!! Mmmmm, chocolate!!

Well it's a good thing you're pumping all that iron at the gym eh? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Today I was looking at my calendar, which had my taper plan written on, and I looked at November 30th where it said OFF. I felt such a sense of satisfaction that I don't have to dread that day (like I was) because I'm already off! A couple days shy of 3 weeks!! Whoo hooooo!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just popping in to say hi! Happy thanksgiving!! I am now 31 days off suboxone. I feel good. I dealt with some seriously unsettling news last week. I suddenly and unexpectantly lost my job. And it was over stupid drama. A misunderstanding with my bosses wife. I have felt lost and confused and just plain sad. It would've been the "perfect" time to relapse but I realized that would only make things worse. I'm just telling myself that everything happens for a reason. Maybe it's fates way of telling me to finally to go back and finish my degree??

Anyways, besides that, I feel fine. I think I am still struggling a little with fatigue, but I try to keep busy. And sometimes my legs still get that cold goosebumpy feeling which I can't stand but life is moving along nicely and I'm really happy I'm clean :-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on over a month off Suboxone!!

Gee Whiz, I'm sorry to hear you lost your job and the circumstances certainly sound like they sucked, too. That really is great news that you didn't use losing your job as an excuse to relapse, though. Way to go!! A word of caution, sometimes getting over the hump of a trigger like that is enough to make us use. It's like we let our guard down thinking we made it, then BAM, we use. Just continue being careful.

Keep your head up and keep doing the next right thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:37 pm 

Hi UWBL,

I'm so sorry to hear about your job! That's never any fun to deal with even if it leads to something great in the future. You are doing a wonderful job of not using despite the emotion associated with your job loss!

Thanks for checking in and let us know if you need any help. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Today marks 2 months off suboxone and almost 6 months off all that other junk! I realize now that I feel even better than I did around the 1 month mark, when I thought I was "back to normal". Now I realize I was still struggling with energy and just feeling run down. Now I don't feel that anymore and I just feel really good, and so calm and patient. Before (in active addiction) I was just so anxious and tense and stressed out. So stupid I actually thought the pills HELPED me! What a joke. Anyways, that's all for now.

Happy 2014!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I just read your thread, Good for you! I've been wanting to stop as well so this is inspiring. Romeo is a great guy, he helps so many people with his wise words.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 pm 

pugmommy wrote:
I just read your thread, Good for you! I've been wanting to stop as well so this is inspiring. Romeo is a great guy, he helps so many people with his wise words.

He is pretty great, isn't he?

But we try not to tell him that too often. We've had to deflate his ego a few times after too many people have made positive comments.

UWBL, great job on 2 months and Happy New Year!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

pugmommy wrote:

Ya, Romeo's ok, I guess =)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next