It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Here is my update I was on opiates for 5-6 years ( everyday use ) and was on suboxone the last 2 year. I finally just stopped cold turkey ( tried to taper but didn't work ) I just want to let everyone know that the physical part does suck but not as bad as the mental. I stayed super positive and MADE IT THROUGH! Everyone has a hump to make it over then its over. I have crossed mine and am at 100% for the first time in a long time. I sleep with no drugs ( 6-8 hours ) and wake up in a happy mood. I am doing all the things I used to do before opiates took control. I am gonna make this post short and just say YOU CAN BEAT IT. Its hard but most everything in this world that you want is. I didn' go to meeting, I didn't go to church and I didn't have family yo help. Now I am not saying that those things don't help but I figured I got myself into this mess, might as well get myself out. You WILL GET TO WHERE YOU WANNA BE ! You addiction didn't happen over night, so neither with your sobriety. I will leave all of you with this......."Look to this day Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision...but today, well-lived, make
s yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

Best of luck to everyone still fighting and I love you all !

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Great Post!!! Im very happy for you, im in a similar situation but my opiate use was a little lengthier and my suboxone program was a little shorter, but you are so right about the mental part....it seems like im definitely strong enough not to ever use them again, ive been around them no problem and dont have urges, it only seems like some nights when i cant sleep i tend to think about opiates, but its only brief until i take my mind off of it.

Good Luck, and good for you sir!