It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hellllo everyone (HI ROMEO).... well, I am here after being off subs now for almost three months now (nov. 1st will be 3 months).and WOW what a rollercoaster ride it's been... I have split up with my boyfriend of 9 years who chose to remain on the suboxone... my feelings and thoughts went haywire as I got clean of the subs, my choices became impulsive and erratic lol.... life has been ummm interesting to say the least, but I have remained clean of subs, however, I have found that I am add/adhd through my school because as I got more time off the subs school became HARDER!! tougher time focusing and motivating.. hmmm.... so I am trying to find a med that will not be abusive but will help :/ let's see how this works.... I have some pains in my body that have increasingly became worse but I am sure subs were masking it all.. and one annoying thing is that my hair has been thinning since quitting.. maybe it's the stress of the changes??? oh well.. I am off the demon so I will work with the others!! HOW IS EVERYONE!! yay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and congrats!

I have nearly as much time as you. November 4th will be 3 months for me. I know what you mean about the emotions & thoughts running haywire.. lol. Words cannot describe how up & down I was in the first 30-60 days. I embraced it though and was welcoming the new emotions with open arms. I had been coasting through life totally even for 6 years with no real ups or downs. I needed to feel something.

I wanted to comment on your labeling yourself ADD/ADHD. It is totally possible that you are ADD/ADHD but in my opinion, now is not a good time to make that call. You have most likely not evened out completely yet. Focusing is still a battle at times for me as well and I know for certain I am not add/adhd. It's a symptom of coming off the drugs. I am just now starting to get my work groove back but it's a slow process and I'm not all there yet. Give yourself a little more time to get used to being clean.. Congrats again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing as tinydancer about the ADD / ADHD. I know that I am not, yet I go into my fast-paced, high-stressed job everyday and am just a bag of crap in the morning and I have no motivation or focus and I feel lost and spaced out. Then I have my coffee and although it doesn't alleviate my symptoms totally, I try to take it for everything it's worth and let it help me focus and usually I struggle a little through the day, however I make it through. Coffee twice a day, 8am and 2pm. I would go insane without it. There is no way I would have motiviation, at least not at this point. I even exercise regularly with intensity and am a health nut (started this while tapering the sub) who generally avoids sugar, processed foods, etc.

I am about 5 months off of sub, 4 off of opiates and am still struggling to sleep right and I'll have a couple of good days and then BAM, PAWS says "I'm back bitch"!! It is crazy. I am trying to settle into the uncomfortableness, however it is just damn hard sometimes. I am involved in a 12-step program and I would be screwed if not for that, but that's just me. I am at my best when hanging out with others and just clowning around.

I should mention that I went a little benzo crazy when I came off of subs and had to do a quick valium taper within the last month. I really don't think it is still impacting me too much, it seems like it is typical bupe PAWS I'm dealing with from what I read, but I was close to letting the benzos take hold, however trading one addiction for another would be no good.

Congrats on being 3 months off! This shit is not easy, but I dream of looking back a couple of years from now and saying "yeah, I am clean and came off of suboxone after being on it almost 4 years, starting at the highest dose". This would be for providing hope to those who want off, something we can do from the "other side" like Romeo. It seems that there are not too many who come off of long-term sub use / maintenance and stay clean. I am not opposed to people using sub for the rest of their lives, but I am/was opposed to it for me and I know that a ton of other people feel the same way and more will start to feel that way in time. I would like to be able to provide experience, strength and hope (I know, NA cliche) to the future me's who want off.

Let's keep on keepin' on.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey IneedTostopThis,

Congratulations on (almost) 3 months off of Suboxone!!!!!! Good job dude!!!!

Here's a link to a thread that Amber4.14.11 started about her ADHD. She started her meds not too long ago and she said she sees a difference. http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=59312

I would make sure I had a doctor diagnose me ADHD before I even considered meds, though. I remember around the 3 month mark I was still experiencing a lot of anger and a quick temper. I had trouble concentrating and just regulating my emotions in general too.

As far as the pains you're suffering, they may go away as your brain learns to produce its own natural opiates. I know my pain went away completley after getting off of Suboxone, I just don't remember how long it took? I'm gonna guess it was a matter of months?

BB6152009--Congratulations on almost 5 months off of Suboxone!!!!!!!

My sleep seemed to take for-fucking-ever to return to normal too. The fact that you're having some good days is a GREAT sign!! I clearly remember going through the same process. I would sleep fairly decent for one or two nights, then BAM, 4 or 5 nights of craptacular sleep, then 1 good night, then 7 days of AAAAAaaaaah, I want to sleep!!!! Slowly, my sleep continued to improve, but it did take a while.

I'm glad you got off the Benzo's before they stuck their hooks in ya....I've heard benzo's are harder to get off of than opiates!!! Can you imagine? Not me, opiates were bad enough!!!

I hope both of you stick around and continue to share your experience and your hard fought win!!!

Post subject: HI There!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

BB6152009 wrote:
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing as tinydancer about the ADD / ADHD. I know that I am not, yet I go into my fast-paced, high-stressed job everyday and am just a bag of crap in the morning and I have no motivation or focus and I feel lost and spaced out. Then I have my coffee and although it doesn't alleviate my symptoms totally, I try to take it for everything it's worth and let it help me focus and usually I struggle a little through the day, however I make it through. Coffee twice a day, 8am and 2pm. I would go insane without it. There is no way I would have motiviation, at least not at this point. I even exercise regularly with intensity and am a health nut (started this while tapering the sub) who generally avoids sugar, processed foods, etc.

I am about 5 months off of sub, 4 off of opiates and am still struggling to sleep right and I'll have a couple of good days and then BAM, PAWS says "I'm back bitch"!! It is crazy. I am trying to settle into the uncomfortableness, however it is just damn hard sometimes. I am involved in a 12-step program and I would be screwed if not for that, but that's just me. I am at my best when hanging out with others and just clowning around.

I should mention that I went a little benzo crazy when I came off of subs and had to do a quick valium taper within the last month. I really don't think it is still impacting me too much, it seems like it is typical bupe PAWS I'm dealing with from what I read, but I was close to letting the benzos take hold, however trading one addiction for another would be no good.

Congrats on being 3 months off! This shit is not easy, but I dream of looking back a couple of years from now and saying "yeah, I am clean and came off of suboxone after being on it almost 4 years, starting at the highest dose". This would be for providing hope to those who want off, something we can do from the "other side" like Romeo. It seems that there are not too many who come off of long-term sub use / maintenance and stay clean. I am not opposed to people using sub for the rest of their lives, but I am/was opposed to it for me and I know that a ton of other people feel the same way and more will start to feel that way in time. I would like to be able to provide experience, strength and hope (I know, NA cliche) to the future me's who want off.

Let's keep on keepin' on.

Hello
First of all, CONGRATS on your progress. Believe me when I say, "I know how you feel!" Because I too have been off Sub for about 4 months or so........and boy what a wild and not so pleasant experience it has been. I admire the fact that you are able to go to that fast paced job of yours. I must say for me, that for the last 4 months or so I have had a severe lack of energy. I go to school and I also found that school is HARDER without subs than it was with it.
I look back and am amazed at how uninformed I was about what was going to happen to me when I walked out of the doctors office the last time WITHOUT a script for sub.
Nurse told me, "Congratulations. Be prepared for ups and downs for the next 30-60 days." I was like, "30-60 days?" I was thinking maybe two weeks and this whole nasty business would be over with, haha...far from it so far!!
After the terrible first month or so, I started feeling better, at least I could somewhat function.
After I started feeling better, then the PAWS kicked in, which I never even heard of, silly me...Big time mood swings, lack of focus, and energy as previously mentioned.
I must say that the thing that keeps me straight is the almost super scary thought of going back to where I was, and going through this crap again, its a thought that I just can't bear, and I can't put myself through this again.
So, here I stand (or sit) straight as an arrow, but still not the man I used to be.
I think to myself, "it took years to get myself into this predicament, and it is going to take more than 4 months to get myself out of it."
I just wanted to say HANG IN THERE and GOD BLESS to you and all of the others here trying to "Keep on keeping on!"
Good luck to all

Post subject: Hey there
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tinydancer wrote:
Hello and congrats!

I have nearly as much time as you. November 4th will be 3 months for me. I know what you mean about the emotions & thoughts running haywire.. lol. Words cannot describe how up & down I was in the first 30-60 days. I embraced it though and was welcoming the new emotions with open arms. I had been coasting through life totally even for 6 years with no real ups or downs. I needed to feel something.

I wanted to comment on your labeling yourself ADD/ADHD. It is totally possible that you are ADD/ADHD but in my opinion, now is not a good time to make that call. You have most likely not evened out completely yet. Focusing is still a battle at times for me as well and I know for certain I am not add/adhd. It's a symptom of coming off the drugs. I am just now starting to get my work groove back but it's a slow process and I'm not all there yet. Give yourself a little more time to get used to being clean.. Congrats again!

Howdy
I wish you well! I liked your posting and I too found that my emotions and feelings were running "haywire" (too say the least) after being off for 3 months...I am now at 4 months and although feeling pretty good, I am still not where I want to be at physically and emotionally. But, as I stated before the thing that keeps me straight is the horror of going though this whole process again, I honestly don't think I could go through this again..
I coasted through life for about 5 years, and now that the coaster ride is over, real life is here, and boy this is going to take some getting used too.
Take care and how are you doing now-a-days?