It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Almost 4 months off sub
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys am coming up to 4 months (I think its 4 months hehe. Anyway I never had much in the way of withdrawals at all, no PAWS at all..I don't know why some get it and others don't...Hell I was on the subs for several years...I even surprised myself...My restless legs were gone after 10 days.. I always slept every night since I came off the subs and continue to do so, I get on average 9 hours sleep.

I do believe eating right and exercise plays a factor but so does personality. I have not craved anything once. I am just glad not to be on a medication anymore. I feel normal 100%... All I can say is taper down and think positive...I never got depressed once, never had any body ache and never felt in hard withdrawal, if anything I don't believe I any withdrawal at all.

Its becoming a distant memory now, I feel like am back to my old self. Motivation is back, energy is there and am just getting on with my life now...There is hope out there folks, if I can do it so can you..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tammy,

Really, congratulations to you for your accomplishment. It is wonderful your doing and feeling so well. I wish everyone on subs that wants to get off soon will read this post of yours and see that not all sub stories are filled with horror, but in fact can be a very positive experience.

I couldn't agree with you more that a positive attitude, along with eating right and exercise makes all the difference. I'm with you on that one that's for sure! :D I too did the very same as you and I also had a very positive experience with my own sub therapy, and any symptoms were entirely tolerable, and barely noticeable.

Please keep posting updates for everyone to read and take notice of. It makes all the difference to those that have only read the stories saying getting off subs was going to be a nightmare. Your post alone will give many hope and inspiration that they too can be as successful as you have been.

Good stuff Tammy! And again....Congratulations to you! :D

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow! Thank you for your story. It helped me so much. I am tapering down and am now at about.5mg and I'm worried about the jump, but trying to stay positive. Can you give me some back story? What was your DOC and for how long? How long were you on sub? And what mg did you taper down to before jumping? Thanks again!!

"the only way out is through"

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great to hear, Tammy!!

Congratulations on 4 months, too!!!