It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been off suboxone now for almost 2 months. I am sleeping through the night now w/o any help. which is a good thing but I feel like I am very depressed !! not sure if this is normal ?? also I still yawn alot through out the day and I have also noticed that my hair has become very oily now and it is giving me dandruff..has any one else exoereienced this ?? or does any body have any suggestions on what is going on or what I should do ???? I feel like I have made if this far and don't want to go back !!!! PLEASE give me some feed back..thanks oh yea and My energy levels are still crappy but I think that might have something to do with depression..and I feel like it takes me longer to learn new things..I think that is PAWS ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tall -

What you're describing could easily be considered PAWS (although I don't know about the dandruff thing). Many people experience it (although not everyone). I just so happened to be looking up some info on PAWS recently. Some of the things affected by PAWS include: cognition, emotions, memory, sleep (as well as others). I also read that treatments can include therapy, nutrition, exercise, stress management, meditation, memory exercises, etc.

You can Google "PAWS symptoms & treatment" and you should find some information. The one thing that seemed important in my research is focusing on the fact that IT DOES GET BETTER, weekly if not daily. If your depression is really bad you might consider asking your doctor about antidepressants.

I wish you the best and hope you get to feeling better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey, thanks for replying back I sure hope it gets better everyday !!! I just feel like I am falling apart slowly !!! guess I will find out where the rest of this journey will take me..

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I got off sub I felt the same way and unfortunately....i went another month (3 total) and it never did really get any better. It is definitely PAWS and that can last a very long time. Did you jump off or do a slow taper?

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: Makes me nervous
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

See? It's hearing stuff like this that frightens me considerably...but I do not want to be on sub forever...absolutely not. Want my libido back up to 100% but my depression is better, I heard somewhere that naloxone works as an antidepressant wonder if that's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been off for six weeks, I recently started sleeping good again, that was very welcomed!
I don't feel depressed, in fact I feel great. I was sitting on my porch yesterday as a cool breeze passed by and I felt so much at peace with my life. But... I've been working hard on my emotional state of mind since this began, I have an awesome book, titled "be happy" by Robert Holden and I have only him to thank for getting me through this emotionally. I can honestly say I feel joy, enthusiasm, motivation and love, these are all things I thought I had lost and I had become overwhelmingly depressed. So I feel your pain there, I do.
I don't yawn anymore, that side effect stopped on about day 9 or 10 for me, I guess some side effects are just going to hang in there longer than others. Now, I do have scalp problems. My hair has been oily and my face I HATE IT! I try everything, nothing works, I don't understand what the problem is. I did find this great new shampoo by pureology that helps with dandruff if that's something you'd like to try. I don't know how long this will last, I've had it for about a month now. I'm optimistic it will get better over time. I had my hair foiled/ lightened and that actually helped a lot because it always takes a lot of the moisture out of my hair when I bleach it. The stylist did an intense scalp treatment and that worked wonders, hope between that and the shampoo I can kick it's ass,lol.
I am a little delayed still, I know what I want to say but sometimes I can't express it, like my brain and vocab r on two different circuits and I have vertigo all of a sudden. I can be walking next to my son through the mall and he'll be like "MOM, your running into me!" well excuse me, I can't help the world tilted! It's a really weird side effect, has me very concerned that I might have to seek medical treatment for it...scary. But still I'm optimistic.
ENERGY! My favorite. I struggled with this one the longest, I thought my life would never be the same as pre suboxone. I had decided to come to terms with it and with the fact I might not have the energy or enthusiasm needed to get off my couch on any given day despite the fact I have two teenage boys a 8 year old daughter and 5 year old. I could manage to spend most every day sitting around, watching tv or surfing the net. No energy AT ALL
Then a couple of weekends ago, I took my teenage boys shopping for school clothes, walked the mall for hours, ugh, who knew teenage boys could be so picky about clothes? Anyway, my leg muscles were sore the next day, but I still had to go back out the next day because my five year old had an appointment that was very important, so we walked the halls of the hospital ALL DAY! It was exhausting for him and me. Well the next day I ended up jumping in my car and going to Florida for a family emergency, entire time I was there, it was go go go. I drove 10 hours stayed two days drove 10 hours back, ugh. Finally, I get home and I noticed a lot of changes, I didn't want to sit still anymore! I wanted to get out! I had plans, places I WANTED to go, things I needed to get and slowly but surely I realized my zin for life had returned so beautifully and I just simmered in that moment on the porch with the wind blowing across my face on such a beautiful, clear sunny day... It reminded me of being a child and flooded me with happiness. I'm fortunate enough that I've been soaking up a whole lot of happiness lately, I always had the power but I didn't know how to let it be, I only knew how to want it. I can honestly say for the first time since I was a little kid I feel amazing. I'm so shocked that I had been so close to giving up on me and now I'm so happy.
I said all of that to say this, stick in there, though there are some side effects that may last longer than others they will disappear over time. Not sure if you gained weight or not while on the subs, I gained about 25 lbs and as of today I have lost 25 lbs, so all my side effects are coming to an end. It will take time but it will happen. Patience.

Post subject: Day #12- PAWS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

PAWS has set in on me very hard over the last two days. For my first ten days, I went out, to 12 step meetings, did housecleaning, etc. Now I'm so profoundly depressed that I can hardly get out of bed. I do "force" myself to do some things. The other day I forced myself too hard and kind of "crashed". I'm taking an Ad (Effexor), and have called my psych. Continue to use my prns but no physical w/d's at all. I was terrified to read about "degenerative PAWS" where it only gets worse. I guess from what I've heard I can expect this to go on a couple of months. I can't imagine that much more hell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yea I hate PAWS !!! I do have oily skin and it's making my face break out. and I know exactly what u mean when u say it's like your brain and mouth aren't linked together sometimes...it's like getting tongue tied !! lol I just wish my doctors would have told me about this crap !!! I found out on here about this. oh well I have good days and a few bad days...so hopefully I am getting better..we will see I guess.thanks for all the info.. : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

oops I forgot...sorry I was on it almost 3 months first few days at 8mg. then from there I went down to 2mg within a few wks with no prob. then for a month stayed at 2mg. then started breaking it down for the next month until i was down to crumbs..then just stopped ...I felt like I did it pretty slow the wd's were not bad at all !!!! I just hope this part does not stay too long ya know !!!