It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:50 pm 
Hey everyone!! Im taking 8mg subutex. I've switched pharmacies recently due to price change's. Well, everytime i get my medication filled, a lot of the tablets are chipped and of very poor quality. Theirs been 1 time when i got them filled when they were in perfect condition. I could tell a major difference in how well they worked also. All im wandering is, do i have the right to request my medication from a bottle that hasnt been opened yet???? Anyone's response would be appreciated. Thanks!! ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't see why you couldn't ask for an unopened bottle - the worst thing that could happen is they would say no.

If I was you, the next time I picked up my meds I would look at the pills right then, in front of the pharmacist or tech. If the pills are chipped or broken or damaged in some other way ask for them to be replaced.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I did that when I was taking subutex at CVS........my new doc switched me back to suboxone...but I always open my script up in front of them and count it. They hate it........but I don't care. Once I had 3 tabs that were broken and I asked for them to be replaced and they did it without an issue. I am sure after I left that they had something to say.......but again I am an addict........always paranoid. I agree with Diary........you can ask.......but if they are broken demand that they be replaced.

Jim

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:53 am 
Also, someone recently posted that they had a lot of broken tabs and were shorted. They ended up finding out that the pharm was using a pill counting machine that was breaking the pills and each time a piece fell into the bottle it was counted as one. You might want to find out if your pharm is using a pill counter and let them know that Suboxone is too soft of a pill for it.