It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Has anyone else experienced this as well? I have been on suboxone for about four and a half years now (began @ 24 mg /day and gradually tapered down to 2 - 3 mg /day. ). The tablets have always worked well for me, but the film causes small mouth blisters and swelling of the tongue, the tissues get "raw" and i'm unable to eat or even speak... I began to notice this reaction after a period of two weeks using the film, the actual reaction occurred over a three day period until I discontinued use. The next day I went to the doctor and was put back on the tablets and over the course of a few days all the negative symptoms subsided. I had a two week supply of film that was never used. About a month went by and decided to experiment with the films again; took one dose and noticed that the underside of my tongue got irritated, the following day took another film and the tingling/irritation got worse; the third day right during dosing my tongue swelled up, so I immediately rinsed with water but it was too late, the burning was intense, the "vagina bucalis" (tissues inside the mouth and under-tongue) got RAW and the next day had the small blisters again plus irritation in the eyes. I took a dose of diphenhydramine and it helped, discontinued use of the film, and after a couple days i was fine. Then, about four months later I took another film; the tingling, the irritation, it all happened again! so this time I took the remaining films and discarded them... I got a little worried when I learned that the tablets were being discontinued. My doctor says he will put me on subutex when and if suboxone tabs are no longer available. I wonder if this could be related or caused by one of the binders in the film itself? I remember that years ago I used some of those listerine tabs/ films and after felt raw and irritated too (I thought at the time nothing of it, that maybe the listerine was too harsh in of itself). Let me know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Im sorry to have posted this thread... I JUST REALIZED that a lot of posts have already been made on this topic (duh) but anyways, Im gonna stay away from these films...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:01 am 

Don't worry about making a thread on a subject that has been discussed before. It is nice that you're aware of the other threads now, but that doesn't mean that you can't bring it up again.

I certainly have had my share of mouth irritations! Very annoying! I'm not sure what causes it, but your idea of binders in the strips makes sense.

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am so glad I am not alone on this either. I had the same problem, but really wasn't surprised. I have always had a very sensitive mouth. I cannot eat artificial cinammon candy, jalepenos or anything else that puts off "heat". Mouthwash, mint toothpaste and even citric acid in soda and fruits burn. I had always been allergic to these things but did not realize it until one day I ate an entire box of the candy "Not Tamales" Next day had blisters in throat and mouth, diagnosed with strep, next day fever even sicker worse than before. Strep came back negative, I put 2 and 2 together and realized that the artificial cinammon ad burnt my mouth, caused blisters that got infected which needed a different antibiotic to get rid of the bacterial infection.

I take 3 2mg films per day and noticed it was getting to the point where it felt like battery acid under my tongue. Spoke to my doc, switched me to the pills and now just occasionally I will have this problem.

Its so great to know that I wasn't crazy and this CAN happen. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had the same problem but to a slightly lesser extent. Just general soreness, itchiness, and blisters. The doctor looked at me like I was nuts - he had never once heard of anyone having a problem with the films. I was going to ask him to switch me back to the tablets but the coupons they had available at the time were only applicable to the films. Even with insurance, the cost was prohibitive for me at that time, so I had to go with the films. I don't remember exactly when all the symptoms disappeared but I know they started improving after 3 weeks. I know that by the 3rd month on the films I wasn't experiencing problems anymore.