It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi All
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all this seems like quite the groovy community:) I have a lot of pain issues RSD, Endometriosis, and Psoriatic Arthritis :( I was on Pain Mang for quite awhile but hated being dependent on a doctor and was not getting the relief I needed and because I'm semi young (32).
So, most are scared to treat so I was either treated with to little or too much no Golden Mean per say. I started getting on a slippery slope with the pain meds my life was well dull and I wasn't me anymore. Mood swings becoming panicked if I ran out early and became petrified of wd's. I have gone through them for short spouts and this can't be good for my body the up and down.

I also became where I just wanted to lay in bed I lost my sense of self and felt like I could not function without them. The "false sense" of well being I started to rely on faded. I also have severe anxiety GAD and Bipolar II so I have issues I guess lol. Finally I got to where I needed to be off the pain med I just couldn't do it anymore. I had heard of Suboxone but really didn't know much about it. Surprising because usually I know every med lol. So, I found the website for Suboxone and read up and got a Doc list.

I found a wonderful Doc I have good insurence but I pay for the visit but get the Sub covered by my Rx company and I have to say I have never felt better and I want to stay better! I have a lot of family who have chronic pain and take meds and right now I can't be around it. I'm shocked that my pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be!ATM...

I am only almost in 2 weeks of treatment and I am optimistic. I broke my toe bad and didn't even go and get pain med and I could have so I have a bad achy foot but I'm doing well considering my other Dx's. I am looking to meet groovy people and get support and support others. It is such a stigma to have a illness such as this as most do not get it.

I hope to find like minded people here in the sense of living a good life as I'm scared that one day I will go back because of pain so I have a lot of fears! I have good support though and have been going for psych help for years now with the same practioner. So ok hi and I'm sorry to be so long winded ;)
Namaste`All

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey DaniGirl,

Looks like we have alot in common. I am 33, will be 34 in a few weeks. I've been in sub treatment just over a month...actually 37 days today! My doc was hydrocodone too. I just thought I would respond because,well, I think I'm pretty groovy too! Welcome to the forum,I know you will meet lot's of people here you can relate to and will like to get to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:33 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi! it is ironic that once we become physically addicted, the good times are over. i used to look forward to the end of the work day so i could go home, isolate, and lay in bed. fun life, huh? as far as pain, once the addiction settled in, i noticed that i got no pain relief. keep up the good work, it only gets better.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Like you, I have a few chronic illnesses, more than one related to chronic (for the most part untreatable) pain. So I know from where you're coming.

I'm glad to hear the suboxone is helping your pain. One of my diagnoses is fibromyalgia and for 3.5 years I've been on suboxone I've been using it not only for addiction but for my pain control as well. I'll probably be on it until it stops helping with my pain, which could be very long term. So far it's still helping; so far so good.

I wish you continued success with your sub treatment and your addiction remission. Do you have plans for other methods to address your remission? Like therapy or meetings or anything like that? Not everyone needs such things. Personally I think it depends on the person and why they started abusing drugs in the first place. For me, it had to do with major depression and severe PTSD and the emotions I didn't want to feel. People like me do best in remission/recovery (in my opinion) with therapy to understand their motives and to learn to deal with feelings again (that will come to the surface now that one is on suboxone). Recovery is about improving ourselves in every way - at least that's how I see it.

Good luck with everything! And congrats on starting sub and making such a huge, positive change in your life. We all know it's not easy. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:37 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

DaniGirl79 wrote:
Hi all this seems like quite the groovy community:) I have a lot of pain issues RSD, Endometriosis, and Psoriatic Arthritis :( I was on Pain Mang for quite awhile but hated being dependent on a doctor and was not getting the relief I needed and because I'm semi young (32).
So, most are scared to treat so I was either treated with to little or too much no Golden Mean per say. I started getting on a slippery slope with the pain meds my life was well dull and I wasn't me anymore. Mood swings becoming panicked if I ran out early and became petrified of wd's. I have gone through them for short spouts and this can't be good for my body the up and down.

I also became where I just wanted to lay in bed I lost my sense of self and felt like I could not function without them. The "false sense" of well being I started to rely on faded. I also have severe anxiety GAD and Bipolar II so I have issues I guess lol. Finally I got to where I needed to be off the pain med I just couldn't do it anymore. I had heard of Suboxone but really didn't know much about it. Surprising because usually I know every med lol. So, I found the website for Suboxone and read up and got a Doc list.

I found a wonderful Doc I have good insurence but I pay for the visit but get the Sub covered by my Rx company and I have to say I have never felt better and I want to stay better! I have a lot of family who have chronic pain and take meds and right now I can't be around it. I'm shocked that my pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be!ATM...

I am only almost in 2 weeks of treatment and I am optimistic. I broke my toe bad and didn't even go and get pain med and I could have so I have a bad achy foot but I'm doing well considering my other Dx's. I am looking to meet groovy people and get support and support others. It is such a stigma to have a illness such as this as most do not get it.

I hope to find like minded people here in the sense of living a good life as I'm scared that one day I will go back because of pain so I have a lot of fears! I have good support though and have been going for psych help for years now with the same practioner. So ok hi and I'm sorry to be so long winded ;)
Namaste`All

Hi DaniGirl79 and welcome to the forum.

We are glad to have you here. I am sure you will find a lot of support and good friends here.

I am glad you are doing so well on your sub..and it is great you did not get pain med. for your big toe (ouch)..that is the first thing I would have done...back in the day....

you also inspire me as I am having surg . on my R. foot for a bunion (bone on side of foot sticking way out) and my big toe has separated from my foot!! But if you can make it..so can I !

Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone,
I am new to the site, I have been on suboxone for 24 days, the last day I took any pills was April 1st so it wasn't that funny of an April Fools Day for me. I was on 3 4mg Daulidad and 3 Lortab 10's / day , had done it for 3 years since I found out I had Kidney cancer and had to have my left Kidney removed in October of 2010.
Anyway, I done OK for the first 2 weeks on the suboxone, had not too many issues, the 3rd week, bam, I have got some serious issues going on, I have panic attacks , can't eat, lost 22lbs since I started, if I eat, it goes straight out as soon as I get it down. I work for a major company and have began to miss work due to taking this stuff, it is freaking me out.
My doctor isn't much, he walks in and just tells me take 3 8MG/ Day, there is no way in hell I can take that much. I have been taking about 1/16th of the film, I cut it up and hold under the tongue.
I almost said screw it and went to Rehab but I want off this, I have seen and read where many get help from suboxone. and that is awesome but for me, it's literally driving me crazy the more I take it.
Thanks and I will be posting on here til I figure out what I'm gonna do. I have been thinking about just stopping and hitting the w/d's before I get stuck on this stuff, the dr wants me to stay on it but the whole intent was I wanted off everything because I know I can do it
Thanks for any comments you may have for me...This stuff is just way too powerful for me and makes me sick as hell from taking in amount of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Donewithitall I think you need your thread moved ;) Sorry I was a mod and well I'm a retired one at the moment so I can't do the fun stuff like editing and moving/merging threads ect...

I want to thank you all for the warm welcome it really means a lot to me!!! I am so happy there are people who can relate because this is not an easy experience! Yes, this is a much kinder gentler way and I am very grateful for it! My recovery as far is this I see my Psych NP 1x a week and I will keep doing it till I feel more comfortable with myself because I do have a ton of stress.
I go for my 2 week suboxone check on Monday and so far so groovy. It's wild feeling well like me it will take some time to get used to lol I haven't been me in over 10 years so the change is nice. I am glad there are others who have made it so far this really makes me happy to know it can be done and "normal" life can be achieved:)

I am grateful to all of you and this forum! I need help and am scared but seems I'm not alone at feeling alone thank goodness;)

I hope to get to know you all more! This is a hard time for me but I know it will get better. I'm a glass half full chick:)
Peace and Vibes~Dani