It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi All!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. Been lurking for a few weeks and finally joined today. I've been on Sub for 4.5 years. I'm in the process of weaning down and currently on 16mg/day from 24-32mg. I can say sub most likely saved my life like so many others. My first experience with opiates was when I was in the hospital when I was in my teens and again in my early 20's. They put me on Demerol and that was a feeling I never forgot and have always chased. I'd grab a percocet or two if they were in the medicine cabinet when someone in my family was prescribed them.

The first drug I got "hooked on" was Ultram (Tramadol). Then I was prescribed 90 Lorcet (10mg hydro's) a month for a bulging disc in my back and my scripts eventually ran out in maybe 3-4 days. In my active 10 year addiction I eventually tried just about every drug out there including shooting H near the end. The sub def helped make me think more clearly about what I was doing to myself. All that stuff stopped and my life became pretty much normal again. I'm also on Klonopin but I take less then prescribed and haven't abused it since taking sub.

I'm really happy to have found this forum and looking forward to discussions with the rest of the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi 2RollingStoned and welcome. I like it when long-time lurkers decide to join us. It's a great site with lots of good people. I hope you find the same support and information as I have. And thanks for sharing your story. Like you, I've been on sub for a while (2 years for me) and I'm so happy with all it's done and allowed me to do for myself. I'm so thankful for this treatment. Again, welcome and I look forward to future posts from you. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Welcome!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

2RollingStoned - Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to hear another success story. For me Sub has also saved my life. I'm just passing a year being on Sub now so hearing how long it has worked for you gives me hope. I'm in this for the long run since I'm 37 years old and just can't afford another relapse.

If you don't mind me asking are weaning now to stop taking Suboxone?

Welcome to the forum hope to see you around.

SuperBuper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome to the forum!

Post subject: Welcome....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hey 2 R.S.
Welcome to the forum.... If you get as much out of the forum as I do you will get a LOT!!!!!!!!! there are some great people out here who are in the grips of the same disease that you are and want to help other people through it. Some of the Best already said hello to you... :) Anyways welcome and please continue to share your story. You will be amazed at how many people you may help!!! Take care......

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was on Klonopin too before starting suboxone and my doctor discontinued it due to the respiratory depression issue caused by combining benzos with suboxone. How did you keep getting your clonazepam? I really needed it to function better because of my high anxiety, and I've been left high and dry on this one.

I don't know what to do because my suboxdoc is also my behavioral health doc, and my old psychiatrist cut ties with me, and my other psych at the university I go to also knows that I'm on suboxone and that benzos are a no-no.

Thanks and Welcome!
Caleb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for welcoming me to the forum!! I will reply to those of you who have asked me questions tomorrow. Today was a very long day at work and I'm exhausted right now. Just wanted to touch base to let you know I'll be sticking around.

Thanks again!!

2RS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Any fan of Robin Trower is a friend of mine! Welcome!

Post subject: Re: Welcome!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

SuperBuper wrote:
2RollingStoned - Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to hear another success story. For me Sub has also saved my life. I'm just passing a year being on Sub now so hearing how long it has worked for you gives me hope. I'm in this for the long run since I'm 37 years old and just can't afford another relapse.

If you don't mind me asking are weaning now to stop taking Suboxone?

Welcome to the forum hope to see you around.

SuperBuper

Hi SuperBuber, There's a few reasons I chose to start weaning down. Mainly the side effects. Since I've lowered about a month ago to 16mg's (or less) my chronic migraines have disappeared. I've had just about every side effect that people have posted on here and then some. I'm thinking the klonopin and sub together are what's causing some of them. I'll be posting in that section soon. The less I take the better I'm feeling (except some minor wd until adjusted). Anyway, I'm at the point now where I'm so far removed from that lifestyle. I know the sub is taking away the obsession to use but it has really helped me get away from all the people, places and things. My goal is to eventually be totally drug free one day. I think I have a much better chance now.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum ..and good luck to you!! I know we can do this!

2RS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

cwake18 wrote:
I was on Klonopin too before starting suboxone and my doctor discontinued it due to the respiratory depression issue caused by combining benzos with suboxone. How did you keep getting your clonazepam? I really needed it to function better because of my high anxiety, and I've been left high and dry on this one.

I don't know what to do because my suboxdoc is also my behavioral health doc, and my old psychiatrist cut ties with me, and my other psych at the university I go to also knows that I'm on suboxone and that benzos are a no-no.

Thanks and Welcome!
Caleb

Hi Cwake18, When I first went to my sub doc he asked what other meds I was taking and I told him klonopin. All he said was that I could probably get away with taking less of it. My regular doc who prescribes it (I've been on it maybe 12 years?) was also ok with it. He also prescribes suboxone but only at a rehab center. Have you gotten off of it yet? It really isn't a great mix. I know some of my side effects are from the combonation.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope you can get through it ok. Let me know how things work out and if you have anymore questions.

2RS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

junkie781 wrote:
Any fan of Robin Trower is a friend of mine! Welcome!

Hey another Trower fan! His new album that just came out last week is killer!! I'm listening as I write. Good stuff!!!

Thanks for the welcome!

2RS- "Too Rolling Stoned"