It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:03 am 

I'm so glad your acupuncture appointment was successful! I really admire your will and your stance that you are putting yourself and your detox first! You have figured out what doesn't work for you, and you are determined to seek was does. Finding natural ways to fight your addiction is awesome and I'm interested in seeing what ends up being the most effective for you. If sub made me depressed I would try a different route too.

Thank you for understanding that even though sub doesn't work for you, it's been a great benefit to some of us here. It says a lot about your level of maturity and insight that you can see sub from different points of view.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, good for you.! Your place seems nice being around the beach and all!

Just a quick note on the xanax thing. Be careful my friend getting off xanax. I kicked that habit but while i was detoxing off of it on my OWN, I had a seizure a couple of times. That stuff is so bad!. Anyways, just make sure you have some anti-seizure meds when you get off the benzos. They are one of the only deadly meds to taper off of.

I am so curious about the hypnosis thing. Keep posting the results! Take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy said, "We love you too, Romes!"....OK, because I'm SUCH a nice guy, I'll forgive you.....but you're on thin ice!!!

Sweet16, it's perfectly normal to be scared, just don't let the fear overrun you!! You said, " I am worth it to ME. I just KNOW in my heart that I CAN DO THIS. Easy? Probably not.... Will I learn my lesson YESSSS I AM..Im trying my best." We all know you're trying your best, that's part of why we love you and that's why were supporting you and YES, you are so worth it!!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Sweet16 nice to meet you! :D

YOU are the reason that I joined this forum a couple days ago. I started reading your postings this past Friday and something clicked....we all struggle within different points of our addiction. I can "see" your resolve. I can feel your resolve. By posting your thoughts, you have made me take another look at my goals and I can't thank you enough. Stick to your plan and just...keep....swimming. :D

Okay now that I have the mushy stuff out of the way.....time to go check out this youtube monkey video! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As I am running around & off to work, parent teacher conference, this meeting, that phone call and shopping and errands and laundry... (my normal daily routine) I have noticed a DRAMATIC decrease in the strength of my urge to use. I have the urge but it is extremely controllable. Like I can brush it off and go about my day without sweatting... although I am a little sweatty. It is really nice out today. IDK if it was the Acupuncture or just the hypnosis sinking in more or what. I HAD to let ya all KNOW how THRILLED I am and I hope it continues.
THANK you EVERYBODY for your support & kind words of motivation! I KNEW my posting would reach the right person/people. at the right time.
I will post more this evening and address each of you. HAVE a GREAT day! MAny blessings to you.
PS.~MYRECOVERY! Really?!! ME?? THAT is AWESOME!!! Welcome to the forum and thank you too..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mycovery said, "time to go check out this youtube monkey video!" HEY, that's enough outta the peanut gallery!! :lol:

Sweet16, how about an update!!

Post subject: QUACK!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG! I am PISSED! Well, I am over it now.... BUT as you all know I am looking for the right Naturopath doc. I had an appt last week and 2 this week w/ 3 different Docs. Hoping to find one that has experience with addiction and specifically opiate detox and one I feel comfortable with. I have been puting out a great deal of money & effort, Last Friday, I deceded to cancel the appointment I had today because she is the one with the least experience, actually no experience with opiate detox. Monday the receptionest called and asked "Whyyyyyyy are you cancelling!??? The Doctor is so looking forward to working with you. She has some great Ideas and a good plan for how she's going to treat you!!" I told her that I am putting out a lot of money and I am really looking for a doctor that has experience blah blah. I am not rich but I really want to get off heroin and I want the best chance at success. So She talked me into keeping the appointment, against my better judgement. I had looked on their website and saw a photo of the doctor and I instantly got a negative response in my body. WELL, Let me just say, this fucking idiot so called doctor, asked me some questions and basically "perscribed" me all the herbs and minerals I am ALREADY taking. Only she wanted me to buy HER product....She told me to exercize and eat right..DUH! I already do... ANd, if she actually read my intake questionaire, she would already know I am a healthy eater....She gave me a paper on "how to make a ginger detox bath" I could have got that online in the same place WHERE SHE found it. SHe basically wasted 90 min. of my prescious time AND $300 of my hard earned dollars. SHe could not complete a single thought. She could/did not even complete 75% of her sentances. SHe spoke impproper english. She acted nervous and very uncomfortable in her own skin. WHAT A DISASTER!
I HIGHLY recommend that yaou all LISTEN to your inner voice. YOUR GUT instinct from now on. I DEFINITELY KNOW to listen to my gut, EVERY time now. It was a VERY expensive lesson I learned today. Anyway I went ahead and agreed to make a follow up with her just to get out of there w/o having to decline and listen to any more of her quackery. I Immediately called and cancelled my appointment once I got home. She answered and I politely cancelled but I KNOW she could hear the discust in my voice. In fact I was rather short and already discusted as I was paying her. I will go to my last doctor on Friday which its only $175... Man..all that I have put been going thru I sure hope the detox gods are good to me and make this a speedy withdrawl/detox. I was so stressed I actually took an 1/8 xanax to calm down....but I didnt use H... :lol:
Going to bed early and fporget this day ever happened. I had a series of unfortunate events...ha ha but I survived and I will share tomorrow...(unless I actually manage to forget tee hee)

Post subject: Count down.....
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I have been thru 3 doctor appointments, 2 acupuncture sessions, scearch tons of old health care books. Read a bunch of online detox articles. The ONE doctor I KNOW could help me get thru the worst part of the withdrawl, is going on vacation tomorrow and will not be back till the 22nd of April. I am hoping I can get her partner to take me on as a patient and administer the IV therapy which they pump large doses of vitamins, minerals, fluids ect. intraveniously. Everyday for the first week, then 5 days the following week, 4, 3 and so on. Otherwise I am going CT once again. WHat will be different this time you ask? Well, I deleted my dealers #. I have been tapering tapering tapering. I am on a very very small amount daily. I smoke in the Am and once in the eve, but today I will attempt to go without my evening dose. I'm not gonna lie, I AM SCARED. I do have the option of going to a clinic if it gets too bad & I can not cope. They offer sub and methadone. I will do my best to use the herbal concoctions and the OTC comfort meds. I am praying to GOD that my WD will not be more than 5 days. I have heard it is different for everyone. MY LAST use will be sunday. I am 100% certain I will not get more dope. I am actually relieved this is the end. I am ready to get back to NORMAL. I know I will have to ajust to a new normal. I will be going to counseling and NA or AA. I definately know this is not going to be easy. I am at a good place in life. Summer is almost here. I live at the beach which has always been my healing place. SO I AM READY GUYS! I will be coming on here for support. WISH ME LUCK!
Hope you all have a great EASTER! Blessings to all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sweet, you are going to rock this! I know you are going to do great and I can't wait to see your post in 30 days saying you have your one month clean!

I know it is a scary time for you, but you have done so much work to get yourself ready. I just have a really good feeling about this for you and a huge amount of respect for you for staying true to what you know is the right path for you! Let us know how we can support you through this, and keep us posted with your progress!

What a great day you picked for your new beginning. The day Christ rose again is the day you will begin your new sober life! How cool is that?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:41 am 

I hope you have an Easter miracle as you start your detox off H!

When will you find out if your doctor's partner is going to take you on as a patient? I suppose you can't find out until Monday at this point. I hope the doctor works out for you and that the IV doses of vitamins and minerals help you!

I'm sorry that you had to waste your money and time on the Quack lady! It sounds like her receptionist is the only person in that office that can make a compelling case for you being there!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGOSH! It is CRAZY guys.. Out of all 3 Naturopath doctors, the one I least thought could help me turned out to be the best one. I can honestly say there are sooo many people out there looking to make a quick buck and the LAST Doctor I went to basically admitted to this and didnt even charge me for our visit as he had nothing for me either and did not offer IV therapy which is what I am looking for. I replied to an email from the Quack lady and told her I would be giving her negative reviews on Yelp and a few other revirew sites and told her exactly how I felt. TAKEN ADVANTAGE of. She apologized for being unprofessional and offered a full refund...A FULL REFUND! YEAH! $300....Check is in the mail. Thank goodness. She knew she offered me nothing. I was going to tell her to split the fee with me instead of accepting the full refund because I know she did spend her time w/ me and time is money, but then after sleeping on it I decided I AM going to accept the full refund. Hopefully she will re-train her staff like she implied and perhaps this will not happen in the future. Apparently there is a great deal of competition in the Naturopath field and a negative review could potentially be quite damaging. I ended up not spending a single DIME on all 3 Naturopath appointments. I have purchased a package of Accupuncture appointments and it is 50/session. $300 basically, but I feel it is really helping and the Practitioner is HOTTTTT! Man I have not had an attraction to anyone in a good long while. Well as long as I have been using. I feel so confident about getting this over with guys. I feel pretty good about the tapering I have done. I have a feeling I will not get too awful terrible of withdrawls. I WILL suffer yes, no doubt, but I do have a half a gram left. I ended up not needing to use what I allotted myself over Easter. I went to my ex-in-laws....You'd think I would have used MORE than I allotted myself, but their place is peaceful and we all get along so good. I cooked the entire meal BC the Mother-in-law usually does every holiday meal & I wanted to let her relax for once. They are really good to me. Anyway, I was using a half a gram then down to a quarter gram a day last week. Today I used a quarter and I will likely either not use the last half a g or more likely than not, I will use that half a gram as sparringly as possible till it is gone and hopefully allow for a smoother jump. Like say 1/8 tomorrow and 1/16 on tues, & half of that Wed. Kind of like what I did with Suboxone the last time, only much much faster of a taper. I have tapered H over a 2 week period what I had tapered over a 6 month period on SUb. What do you all think? It takes such a very small amount to get me out of WD at this point. SO, I have this week off from work and my son will be gone for spring break and I am rather just READY to be done with this whole ordeal. So, who knows what will end up happening.
Thank you ladies (Q & AMY) SOOOO much for the encouragement. I am really really very thankful that you gals are such a support for me. I appreciate that you acknowledge the effort I have put into this. It has all but consumed me every thought & moment. I AM SO OVER worrying about my damned heroin habit. I want my life back and I will VERY SOON. That 30 days free from opiates will be here so fast and I will be working hard every step of the way to gain my strength back. I have an array of suppliments and stuff to make protein shakes. My BFF made me some really potent tea that has been known to put a morphine addict in withdrawl OUT! (sounds EXACTLY what I will be needing) I will be walking and attending meetings on-line at first. "ITR" a place I first learned about from I believe "Rule" (Hope that guy is doing well.... Think about him from time to time.) I am really getting my emotions back. Wonder how long B4 my Mo-Jo comes roaring back? Almost scared of that one.. Hah ha... I have not even had my period in almost a year!!!
Ya know, It is weired. I took a nap today and woke up feeling more like myself than I have in such a long time. Probably BC I have barely used anything this past 2 days.

Well, I just go done talking to my BFF and we both discussed that if I use the last half a gram sparringly and possibly over the next day or 2 I will have detoxed a lot more H out of my system and we think it will make for a smoother transition. SO I will work tomorrow and get last minute groceries and then DOWN for the count.
Again, thanks everyone for being here for me. BLESS you all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey sweet16!

Just thought I would check in with you! Your posts sound so positive, and we all know that is a mainstay of any type recovery. Extra extra extra best wishes to you! Sounds like you're gonna rock it! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you mycovery. I appreciate your support. I need the positive vibes. You all have been so good to me and patient too. I know I have dragged this out for so long. It seems like I have been making excuses to keep using. I really have been 100% motivated and working HARD to taper down my dose and I feel like I have accomplished this. If it weren't for all of you that had doubt that it was possible for me to do this, I may have been more lax about it. I am a strong willed person and when I put my head to something, I typically dont stop till I get 'er done'
I feel amazingly good. I went to the beach and picked up some rocks to put in my plant beds. My stinker kitty likes to lay in the plant beds and he gets dirt everywhere. I will put some rocks in the dirt so he wont drag the dirt everywhere. SO that was a nice outing. I love the beach and it makes for such a peaceful frame of mind. I prayed a bit. I am not a big prayer, but I did my best. I went to get groceries and walked instead of drive. I made some beautiful white bean & organic kale soup for the next few days. I will need the protein. I will be able to just drink it if I am feeling unable to eat. I am roasting some sweet potatoes for when I do want to eat. They are very very nutritious. I got a bunch of bananas, froz berries & soy yogurt for smoothies/shakes that I will add my suppliments to. Im pretty much ready. I recieved the check form the quack doctor today. It comes in perfect timing. It will sit in my account and be ready for whatever bills automatically come out of my checking. Everything is alligned up PERFECTLY. I have been preparing for this. I HOPE and PRAY that I these days will fly by. I HOPE and PRAY that my WD wont be wretched. I am excited at all the possibilities that lay ahead of me. I have a new found self love that I intend to use to stay clean. I still have a hit or so left. I will use it one last time sometime later this afternoon. Before the evening I am sure. I Have cleaned up all the drug stuff in my room. Once I am better I will wash all my clothes BC I used in my closet where all my clothes are. I can smell the smoke residue. DISGUSTING! Well, that is about it guys. I do not usually ask for much but PLEASE if any of you could be so kind as to say a little prayer for me that my WD are minimal, so I can get on w/ my life... I would appreciate it and return the favor and do. THANKS everyone. I will start a NEW thread once I have been off for 24 hrs. YIKES!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey sweet, I will certainly be thinking of you and wish you success and strength on this journey. Best of luck to you!! We're all here if you need anything.

Keep us posted!

TD
(sayin' a little prayer)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 pm 

I'm saying a little prayer for you this evening! I'm looking forward to a new thread from you as you start down your new path of sobriety. It's funny that you said that the naysayers were a motivating factor for you. It's awesome that you used potential negativity to set you stubbornly on this path.

I think that your detox will go well. We will be waiting here to find out how you're doing!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

one last update... I used the last tiny bit of drug this eve. I think 1/16 G or less. I basically kept cutting my daily dose in half these past 3 days. H's half life is something like 6 hrs....Anyway I had not really experienced any terrible withdrawl. I guess I was just ready to get the show on the road if you will. I am not scared like I was Sunday. I know I will make it thru this next week. I am expecting some wd but nothing MAJOR. I hope I am not wrong, but in case I am I have a bottle of cough medicing w/ codine if the tea does not work for me. I have xanax if I need it. I even have the 3 8mg tabs of sub which I will do everything to avoid, but they are here if I am suffering needlesly. I think they will easily work since I lowered my tolerance so much. I AM HAPPY. I plan to relax in bed unless i have energy to walk. I am with my 3 little kittys. I have attended a few online meetings in ITR. I am making connections and I have Im a few ppl in recovery today. I want to wish you all a good night. Peace n love to all...(omg, emotions flooding back!)
PS-Thank you Amy & Tiny... You people are my strength and encouragement. I am so ready!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey sweet!

Sorry I haven't been following much. Had my own demons to battle.

I sincerely hope you are doing OKAY and are doing it! I feel so bad that anyone has to suffer. I wish you a speedy and comfortable recovery and I'm thinking about you!

Oh btw.... I looked up stuff about detoxing and massaging. (Massage therapy) Should look it up although you prolly have :) and chiropractors, hot tubs, saunas, yoga, diet. It's pretty interesting..... Makes sense. Easier said than done i suppose lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ya'all, Wanted to come on here and tell everyone I AM CLEAN 11 days today! I feel FANTASTIC.. I have been taking 1/2mg sub for the past 5 days. I will likely stop over the weekend or even taper the tiniest bit till I feel nothing. I am not at all stressing about it. I am HAPPY. I am NOT craving. Occasionally I fantisize about using but IMMEDIATELT tell myself "NO KIM!!!" And immediately replace it with thoughts of a positive nature. FYI~ I do not want you to think that if the dope man called, I would be safe and not be tempted to get drugs. I'm not gonna lie, it simply is not my style. I like getting high.. Simple fact, but I feel so good, I pray daily, I meditate daily. I am taking forward steps to learn and practice Transcendental Meditation. (look it up peeps... I promise it can help ALL) I have had my eye on a specific set of prizes and a list of reasons WHY I wanted to stop heroin. I look at that list several times a day. I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that if I go back to H, those things will be put back on hold. They have been on hold for a YEAR while I did my "alternative therapy", so to speak. I am still considering this past year a GREAT time for reflection, development of self and action... Reguardless of being on H, I accomplished most if not ALL of what I set out to do. I am OFF drugs, alcohol, weed, and I am experiencing being HIGH on LIFE!. I love where I am at. I have been back to work 2 full days now and I am getting strength back daily and with each meeting it seems the very next day, I feel so much better. I may or may not do the 12 steps, although I feel in my heart I practice many of them daily as I am a spiritual person anyway. SO I hope you all know that WHATEVER you WANT to do, if you practice WILL, use your human POWER, YOU TOO can accomplish all that you choose. I am not delusional in thinking I am 100% dafe from relapse. I do know anything is possible and it it MY CHOICE. Right now I choose to be clean!
MANY BLESSINGS to everyone and have a fantastic weekend!!! (i will be working my ass off, to pay down that friggen credit cards I used to pay for my doctor/accupuncture, meds ect... ha ha)
PEACE Kimberly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

(3 full days back to work today)
Wow, it sure feels different when I have nothing to do... I used to "use" when I had nothing else to do.... I think I need to go walk to the beach.....Even though I really dont feel like it.
Thank Goodness for 11 days clean!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on 11 days KimberDude!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next