It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmm.. Back when I was still trying to quit on my own, my Dad's girlfriend, at the time, was a massage therapist. She thought she could work the toxins out and change my thinking. We also did cupping therapy. I did not try herbs or hypnosis but I can tell you that the holistic "remedies" didn't help me at all. Hopefully things will be different for you. It's not getting off heroin (although, this is quite the challenge), it's staying off heroin that is the hard part. One bad day is all it takes.. and I'm guessing your dealer's number is probably etched into your brain, no?

I'm sorry about your Mom's visit although maybe it's a blessing in disguise that she has postponed. LOL about being in the middle of a 'health transaction!!'

Wishing you the best on this beast of a journey. :D

Post subject: More is Better
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:28 pm 

Hi Sweets,

Whatever tools you put into the box of recovery is good. The more the merrier for success. If some work, keep them. If some don't, discard them. But I like the fact that you are making plans and your mind is heading for a healthy state in the future. Just make sure you have some back up plans to fall back on in case some things don't help or work the way you hoped.

My wife swears a massage made her quit smoking. She said that when her feet were being done that the masseuse hit something and after that the cigarettes tasted like crap so she quit. That didn't work for me but I did use a subliminal recording to help stop the habit. I can't say whether it helped or not but today I am smoke free so it must have played a part. That was just one tool I used to quit.

Keep posting, it helps you and it helps us.

rule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I can only say good luck, and best wishes no matter what you do.

Personally, I made a choice between going on suboxone and going inpatient about 3 months ago.

Looking back, and considering all options and outcomes, I now wish I had chosen the second option.

You may ask why, and I will explain, After two months on suboxone I didn't like how I felt. Oh sure, I could maintain (that may be abit too optimistic), and get through each day. But I felt empty, and like I hadn't accomplished what I set out to do, day after day.
Unlike some, I didn't feel "saved", because instead of my doc, I was now reaching for subs each morning to take on the day. I don't recommend to anyone serious about cleaning up, allowing themselves more than 3 weeks maximum on this drug. Just google the stuff and you'll see where the mixed opinions come from, and what follows will be easy to understand.

So, I thought I'd call a local rehab center, the best one in all opinions locally, to see anonymously what they recommended. When I explained I was "maintaining" with suboxone, the representative immediately said, "that will stop here.". This facility, having gone through thousands upon thousands of detoxes, and then watched their graduates and their progress, has totally changed their outlook on how they handle addiction from the very outset. As an admitted new patient, you would receive bupe therapy on the front end, but immediately be on a reducing schedule, in other words, tapering begins right away, and then be dried completely off within a 5 day period. Then, as soon as you are deemed stable on a complete detox, be allowed to leave the premise.

After letting this set in for just a moment, I asked the phone representative why they operate as such.

She said simply "Because Honey, we have so many folk like yourself, and others we have put out on "maintenance" that have lined back up to our place for another inpatient detox off of sub/bupe." They previously had used an either/or situation to apply to their patients upon departure, but after so many returns and double-processors, their approach now consists of "total abstinence" so that this concern is alleviated. What's more, their intensive outpatient program, referred to by many as simply IOP, will not allow admission if a person tests positive for suboxone. Yes I know, alot of opiate panels don't check for this, and many won't pick up oxy either, but their are now relatively inexpensive tests to check for bupe.

So please, if you don't have a crushing problem and feel your life is in jeopardy at the moment, which if your words are honest and you are working, and I use the word with extreme caution "stable", your use is not of increasing dose, you need to invest some time thinking to yourself, "do I want to spend another year captivated by a maintenance drug"? If you want complete freedom from a habit forming substance, go inpatient, let them clean you all the way up, stay as long as it takes for you to function and have a healthy diet, and will to go on, and then put it ALL behind you.

Just my opinion, we all have one.

For some, sub seems to work, and it certainly is night and day different than anything unregulated by standards like H off the street, whereby you never know what you are actually buying.

So with my opinion in mind, if you can't do inpatient, then by all means do the sub route, just be sure you understand the consequence of continued use of it.

Good luck to you!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there every wonderful,
It sure seems being gone from here just 1-2 days is A LOT & so much happens and changes. Let me address the people who have comented first and then on to what has been going on with me.
Tiny~ Hay lady, hope yo are well. Too bad those methods did not work in your favor. Massage definitely gets the toxins moving. It would require lots and lots of massage and exercize to clear the lymphatic system though. The lymph system has no "pump" like the cardiovascular system. The ONLY 2 ways to get the lymphatic system to clear of toxins is thru Massage and exercize. It would take a lot of both to clear all the crud out, I'll bet. To answer your question, I have my dealers # in my smart phone, but I dont know it by heart. In fact I did erase it once, maybe a few times, but when I needed to score, BC I was not ready to quit just yet, I went online to look up my cell records. I journal daily, so I know when I score, what time and other various details. I could pin point on my cell records which # was his by process of elimination basically. I am far to cleaver for my own good, at times. My Mom ended up buying a condo on the Colorado River. I saw photos on FB. WOW! I do not blame her. I want one now. Anyway, She has no obligation to me. Nor do I to her. I am not going to let anything stop me from doing what I want to do. I still remain fully committed to getting off dope. I AM working every day toward this goal.
Rule~ HOW ARE YOU! I am gonna have to go look at your history. Last time I was here you were going thru the C word. That would be fantastic if the massage actually did help your wife. See, my exact point. Something that does not work for some may be THE one thing that works for somebody. Unique bodies and chemestry... Gotta love it. I hear quitting ciggs is as hard as if not harder than quitting heroin....I used to smoke. I quit over 5-6 years ago.
Donechasing~ I have been on sub. I relapsed 3 weeks after tapering for 6 months down to a tiny tiny amount. I relapsed bc I was tired of being tired and I just did not give my brain or body enough time to snap back. In hind sight, I was almost there. I had a short time on H (3 months) followed by 10 months on sub. 3 weeks clean, now close to a year back on H. NOT about to go back on sub.
I am a firm believer that just because one thing works for one person, does not mean it will work for another. We are all different, we all have unique chemestry. Addiction, dependance, recovery and even the way drugs make us feel is different for everyone. (weed gives me anxiety and energy, coffee makes me sleepy) There are many ways to detox, recover and stay clean/ sober. Sub works good for many people who are not able to get off on their own or in other ways. Sub. is MY last resort. I will try anything and everything before I go that route. (except methadone) I just KNOW it in my heart of hearts, I CAN stop using WITHOUT having to go on sub. In fact I want to avoid going back on Sub so INTENSELY that I am DETERMINED to find another way. Honestly, on Friday when I took sub, I could immediately feel depression and lethargy setting in. I know I was also detoxing off H, but I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. I HATE being on sub. I do not trust the FDA enough to go on a drug they approve knowing so many other things they are approving now, are KNOWN to cause illness and even death. Take Aspartame for instance. need I say more? Now this is just ME. I know many people who LOVE splenda. Anyway thank you for your post to my thread. I apprciate your view and agree with many points.
I had my first consult w/ the Naturopath. She has no real experience with my specific issue. I doubt I will choose her as my doctor bc there are a few others that HAVE had experience and one claims to have HUGE success. BUT she did give me an idea of how she would treat me. She uses IV therapy. Basically giving me high doses of vitamins such as C, D, potasium and magnesium intraveniously daily for the first week or two, then every other day, every three and so on till I feel well. She seems confident that she can help me. The IV therapy sounds great! I can see how this would help w/ the bone crushing pain. High blood pressure too. I am sure I could get valium if I needed it. Which brings me to the fact that tonight is night 4 that I have cut my xanax dose in half. I have been on .05 for the last idk, half a year down from 2 mg. After listening to this hypnosis CD that I got, I am falling asleep so good. Plus I want off that crap too. So I am now on 1/8 of a mg. YEAHHHHH!! I have been going on a 1.5-2 hr. power walk every night for the past 4 . I even bought killer running shoes. Man they are spendy. I have been tapering. I am now only using 3 times in a 24 hr. period. Down from every hour on the hour and at least a gram a day. I do not know how much I am using, but not more than a half gram if even that. I WILL start to weigh what I use. My goal is to by next week, Monday not use more than 2 X in a 24 hr. period. I am doing this. I feel, I AM gaining on it. While I am on my walks, I go over in my head so much. It helps with craving, sleep, raises my endorphins, likely getting me more in shape. I am streatching during and after my walks. I am DONE by the time I get home. I love walking at night mainly bc, and any of you females can relate I am sure, I do not get the cat calls and horn honks like during the daylight.(BC they cant see me!!)! NOT enjoyable or impressed or even flattered. More like ANNOYED Why must guys do this. Like I am gonna jump right on in their truck and give them the ride of their life... Anyway, I put my jumbo earphones on and the beach is so RAD! INSPIRATIONAL. I get a feeling of being in complete CONTROL of my life when I walk. I am MOTIVATED to stop using. I will be honest and say I COULD try even harder. And I WILL/AM. I have changed my diet a little too. I am juicing daily, eating more fresh friut and veggies. Less cupcakes and cookies and chocolate although tonight I busted half a chocolate bar in one sitting. :? While I was talking to the Doctor. And after she looked thru my answers on my intake, health questionaire, she made a comment that I realised was HUGE and what I have been trying to convey all along. She said I am physically dependant, not an addicted or even necessarily addicted. I do not steal money to get my next fix. I buy a half oz. at a time and every 2 weeks. I am not homeless, I have not hurt my family or friends. I am not even lying to people. I have not told them I am using, but they never questioned me BC I am ultra productive,I have a great job, I am successful. I support and raise my kids,I cook and clean my home, I have hobbies and am active. I am even active in my community. I lead an otherwise normal productive life. I use bc I if I dont, I will go into WD. I do crave, but it is really when my body starts to hurt or I go into cold sweat. NOBODY would believe I am using. AND the CLOSEST people in my life, my BFF AND my Ex-husband were utterly shocked that I have been using. SO it made me feel good that she believes that I am experiencing a physical dependance to a drug, just as I would if I were on say anti-depressant, or heart meds. YES it is illegal. YES it is being cut w/ who knows what and YES it is not healthy. But I do not lead a lifestyle of an addict. I do not exhibit addict behavior (other than using) I do agree with her in many ways. I am not in denial here. the facts are the facts. My life IS NOT falling apart around me. I am VERY HIGH FUNCTIONING with or without drugs. Albiet when I am using, I do not have emotional issues, I do not engage in relationshiops w/ men, something I have struggled with my entire life. ANyway, the other doctor may disagree and I will find out. She also said the 2 years is not a super long history of abuse. I was clean from all opiates for the better part of 20 years. I started up when I had an ENORMOUS amount of extrinsic stress factors. All 3 kids moved back in (one being an adult) AND my ex husband too. I was in school FULL TIME And working PT. I had to work from home which sucked being I had all these people falling on me. I WAS SUPPORTING EVERYBODY 100% alone. I was going thru a divorce and I was Pro/Per. I had a rebelious teen. I had just moved. The risk was HUGE that I started to self medicate. Inspite of all this, I have NEVER once lost it and I continue to be a productive member of socioty. With that being said I AM SEEKING to get OFF drugs BC I WANT to. Not because I can not afford it. NOT because I am experiencing negative effects due to my use. Not because I am in a dangerous situation when I score. I meet my guy, it is not a shady area, it is not a crack house ect. I AM ELECTING to QUIt!
BC I WANT to get off. That is huge. I want to be healthy. I want to be MY BEST....and save money for a house. Do I sound completely out of my mind in denial? Would I rather have been put on Effexor or welbutrin.? NO NO AND NO. I am ready to deal with my life issues head on and even my emotional triggers. I do not want to become an addict. I do not want to continue to waste money and hurt my health. SO there is my thang. Butcher it... Lol I will continue to post my progreess and if I fail I will post that too. I mean I have nothing to loose here except my pride. Which apparently I have a lot of. I believe I can do this. I tapered off sub. This is no easy task. I am MORE committed every day. I may not be perfect but I DO have some major WILL and Im gonna fight my way out of this.
I hope you all did not fall asleep while reading this. MANY blessings to all of you and as always I accept that many of you will slash the hell out of my every word and it is ok. IM DOIN IT!

Post subject: Little update
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Today I have decided, and began my quest to look into Chinese herbs/medicine along w/ accupuncture to add to my array of tools. Maybe I will find an Chinese med. Doctor to work closely with my Naturopath Doctor. That along with my doing the physical work, like walking, streatching, juicing, meditating, hypnosos ect, I will be able to detox off heroin and then work with a counselor, therapis to stay clean once and FOR ALL.. I am really taking every avenue I can think of. I WILL DO THIS and hopefully help others in the process.

Post subject: Udate#2 NADA protocol
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok so I believe, I am on to something here. I am definitely on a quest to find a solution and to END my dependance on heroin. I called an acupuncturest/chinese med. guy here and he replied with a text to me saying he HAS indeed helped people detox of opiates using something he called the NADA protocol. I was quite surprised to be honest, but it seems there are a great number of people out there that are like ME in TAKING CHARGE of our recovery and our health and finding alternatives to western medicine which is LARGELY made up of Pharmaceuticals. His exact words were: I can help you get thru your symptoms by whats called NADA protocol for detoxing and calming addiction as well as other acu-points based on your specific symptoms. I also have herbs that help to reduce the symptoms of withdrawl.......MY SPECIFIC symptoms... WHich are different than his hers theirs ect... Same as my dependance, different than anyone elses. AND my friends, SO IS YOURS. So please DO NOT think that Suboxone is THE END all for your recovery. I am going to be spending a chunk of change getting all these treatments, but it a SMALL price to pay in the end when I am done detoxing off heroin and I dont have a number of other Pharmaceuticals to detox off of. I want to detox ONCE....And go about my life in recovery.
SO you guys I know this is experemental, but I am basically assembling MY OWN team of practitioners to help aid in my detox and recovery. I just want everyone out there to KNOW that there is HOPE for you too. You do not HAVE to settle for what you are experiencing now. BE PROACTIVE in YOUR own recovery. Doctors only know what they have learned which is what they have been taught and to some degree learned thru PRACTICE.
There is one thing about ME and that is when I set my mind to something, I AM 100% comitted to success. Thats all..... HAVE A GREAT weekend..

Post subject: Progress! yesssss
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i made it a solid 12 hrs. between uses. No aid, no meds, no sweatting even. I last used 7:00pm, then slept a whole night thru. Woke up at 7am in slight wd. Wow, First time since taper began ive been able to go 12 hrs. I feel like I have made great progress. I was reading about others that have tried the taper method. AND interestingly enough my BFF who recently bought an old book from 1935 called the Home Physician reference guide. It is a RAD book. FULL of things the people used in the 30 and before. Basically as an anecdote for opiate addiction, they diluted the substance in half for a week then in half for the next and so on. It is recomended that a slow taper be achieved rather than a rapid taper. It said it would be essentially a "Painless" and subtle receovery. IM IN!.
NEW GOAL for the next 3 days.
1) Go 12 hrs in between uses. Basically I have it to where I will be using at 7AM and 7PM. for the next 3 days.That is DOWN from the 3 times daily I have allowed myself to use. And that is down from several times daily...
2) When I feel a craving or the urge to use, I will: Walk, yoga, pray, work, read, nap, tea, comfort meds, Hot bath w/ epsome salt & Lavander. such as tea, herbs, ect. (I am using NO pharmaceuticals here. NONE. So when I say comfort meds, I am referring to my herbal concoctions..)
3)Start taking high doses of Magnesium and calcium, potasium. This is for the leg cramps and sleeplesness. Though I have been sleeping like a baby. The hypnosis is SO FRIGGEN AWESOME! I cannot say enough about the hypno...
Thats all everyone. I hope someone can get motivated from this and even use some of my remedies. if anyone has any questions, I have read A LOT! I have so much onfo. I would LOVE to share!
Have a beautiful weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update Sweet, I'm keeping my eye on ya!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

"Goal",

1: get this crazy cat lady clean :lol:

Be careful of that will power. Sometimes its gone fishing when we need it! :shock:

Your doctors appointment is quickly approaching. You must be excited to hear what they have to say. I know I am! Take care sweet
-Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jennicole525 wrote:

Be careful of that will power. Sometimes its gone fishing when we need it! :shock:

** dead**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Romeo, I keep posting, I know someone will see it and benefit from my story, weather I succeed or fail.
jenicole~ Ha ha! Thank you and YOU are RIGHT. I am working on being CLEAN off PHARMACEUTICALS and street drugs too. Self control is the #1 thing that will make it or break it. I am moving forward daily and still remain 100% committed to getting off H. NOT that I am giving up, but even if I end up getting back on sub, at least my tollerance will be much much lower and induction would likely be easier.
Tiny~ It's not dead yet.... Hopefully, my willpower does not fail me, I will be able to come on here and say "I DID IT!" Which, come to think of it, is a GREAT idea. I am gonna start visualising that I have made it to the finish line. When I do my meditation, I will, for the last few minutes, imagine......and feel & resonate w/ what it will feel like to have used for the last time and I have my first 3 days CLEAN!........Thanks for the idea :wink:
Well, saw the Mom today. Glad thats over. I will tell ya all the story if you really want to know. My goodness. SHe really does not like me all that much. She was THRILLED to see my ex husband but just mildly happy to see me. :lol: :lol: SHe will be here for a week. Not so bad. Thank goodness spring break is next week and the campground is full. It is all working out beautifully now that I think about it. Spring break means my son will likely go to grandparents for a week. My Mom will be gone. My doctor appt is the 29th friday. I start my acupuncture & chinese herbs tomorrow. I will step up the taper process. I am still working on the 12 hrs apart. Once I get to 12 hrs apart for 3 days then I will drop to once every 18 hrs for 3 days then once every 24 hrs for 3 days then STOP and start the IV therapy (possibly before?) and herbs and minerals and power walking, and yoga, meditation, visualising & whatever else I can pull out of my top hat so long as it is non-pharma.
I am looking forward to seeing what the Naturopath that HAS experience and success with opiate withdrawlswill say. My appt is Friday. VERY THRILLED!
Has anyone checked out the hypnosis site? I am getting ready to listen to my track AND go to bed WITHOUT ANY XANAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I saw this and really loved the meaning. It holds so true to my situation.

[align=center][color=indigo[font=Times New Roman]]THE WARRIOR WHO TRUSTS HIS OWN PATH DOSEN'T NEED TO PROVE THE OTHER IS WRONG[/font][/color][/align]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sweet16 wrote:
Tiny~ It's not dead yet.... Hopefully, my willpower does not fail me, I will be able to come on here and say "I DID IT!" Which, come to think of it, is a GREAT idea. I am gonna start visualising that I have made it to the finish line. When I do my meditation, I will, for the last few minutes, imagine......and feel & resonate w/ what it will feel like to have used for the last time and I have my first 3 days CLEAN!........Thanks for the idea :wink:

Oh sorry, I did not mean to imply that your willpower is dead. Never in a million years would I say something like that.. I meant that I was dead because I found her "gone fishing" analogy so funny. I'm happy to read that you're staying positive and putting one foot in front of the other! I don't believe there is only one way to do this whole thing and I am rooting foryou all the way! However you have to get there.. it doesn't matter.. just looking forward to you getting there!

(hugs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sweet I am so glad you found the acupuncture/chinese herb doctor!

I have been wanting to go see the one near me a long time! You may have just given me the push to make that call, I have him in my cell phone and he is open today. The idea really appeals to me too. The one here says very similar things to yours. He treats each specific symptom individually. There are also certain points and herbs that are given to help to cleanse the body. I think I mentioned before that he uses tiny little beads which are put on the ear on certain pressure points depending on your needs and then taped over and you leave these on in between visits. Then of course the acupuncture in the office is the neeedles and I have heard some describe him using heat on the needles and glass cups which are heated and placed on different points of the body. I am excited about this again! I hope it works for you, please update after your visit and let us know how you feel!

I am so inspired by your resolve sweet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sweet, you asked if anyone checked out the hypnosis site. I checked it out, but my eyes quickly went all googly, like this :shock: , then I started hopping around like a monkey. I think the hypnosis site hypnotized me into acting like a monkey? WTF!! Hmmmm, I'm even craving a banana now!!! GAH!!!

Seriously, Bud....stay strong, stay focused and kick some ass!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm 

Romeo wrote:
Hey Sweet, you asked if anyone checked out the hypnosis site. I checked it out, but my eyes quickly went all googly, like this :shock: , then I started hopping around like a monkey. I think the hypnosis site hypnotized me into acting like a monkey? WTF!! Hmmmm, I'm even craving a banana now!!! GAH!!!

Seriously, Bud....stay strong, stay focused and kick some ass!!!

Confirmed! The video is all over youtube!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

sweet16 wrote:
I saw this and really loved the meaning. It holds so true to my situation.

[align=center][color=indigo[font=Times New Roman]]THE WARRIOR WHO TRUSTS HIS OWN PATH DOSEN'T NEED TO PROVE THE OTHER IS WRONG[/font][/color][/align]

True.. It surely fits you well right now!

Ooh! THATS who that was on YouTube!!!

Boy I had a lot of catching up to do on this! Where the hell have I been?! I too believe everyone's recovery and needs that fit are different. It's to which its own story. Journey. It's very personable. If this works for you, you've opened up a new book for me and a whole new perspective on things. I really do hope this can work for you, sweet! What ever it takes.

I'm rooting for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WHAT!!! There's a video of it now!!! I hate technology.....and hypnosis (and smart ass moderators....LOLOLOL)!!!!! and people name JenNicole!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:42 am 

We love you too, Romes!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HAHA ROme! You all make me laugh!
So, I saw the Acupuncture guy today. He gave me some herbs to take to "calm my spirit" and clear the "heat". He looked at my tongue and said that it had a blueish undertone which may point to blocked energy and or toxicity in the liver. He felt my pulse in a few different spots and observed a few other things & said that I seem to be very healthy. He already knew how he was going ti impliment the NADA protocol, (google it!) I got some needles in me and he told me things to visualise when relaxing, he left the room for 10 min. Came in to check on me, left again for 10 more min. I twiched and saw some visuals, nearly fell asleep. Once he came back in he asked me when I plan to stop...... I have been thinking about this for the past few days and I decided, I will use for the last time first week in April. ( Have not picked an exact date yet) This gives me the next few days to master the "12 hrs between uses" then the 18hrs. and finally the 24...I am scared, NOT gonna lie, but I KNOW that I am doing everything I can to make it as smooth as possible while in detox. I loaded up with magnesium and calcium suppliments which I will start taking tonight along with my chinese herbs. He left some to go needles in my ear, on my hand and legs. Much like what Qhorse described. Made another appointment for Friday. I do feel more tired today, but I think it is more from tapering than anything.
I have 2 Naturopath doc appointments this week Wed & Fri. I will then decide which doctor I will most benefit from. I do know they will do IV therpay on my in which they will administer high doses of minerals, vitamins, fluids, and likely herbal remedies. I am not sure what else but I will find out more and pass the info along to you all.
Just so everyone knows why I am going this route ans not the easier faster Sub or Methadone route. I do not like suboxone. It makes me severely depressed from the moment I take it. I know detoxing from opiates will also do this, but I was on sub for almost a year and detoxing from it was loooooong and drawn out. I want to get the show on the road. I have been using for a year. I feel I have worked on a lot of personal issues and over come many obsticles in my life. I by NO means am saying sub is not good for many as OBVIOUSLY it is and so many of you are right here to attest to that fact. So hands down to you all and I respect you for doing what is best for you. I know what is best for me and sub aint it. I want to be certain I am trying all I can to get better without any more chemicles in my body I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I know I MUST find alternativeactivities when I get into a rough spot. Luckily I live at the beach and the ocean in itself is very healing to me. I have been walking every night before bed, I have been stretching and meditating, listening to the Hypno stuff IS FRIGGEN helping me SOOOO much.
Once I made love to a chair on stage while under trance. SO if I can do THAT in frot of a hundred people I can GET OFF heroin too somehow...
Jenicole~ Thank you for rooting for me It means a lot. I want so badly for this to work. That is part of it. DESIRE but like I said before 99% is SELF CONTROL. I have always had plenty of motivation. Self control, not so much... I am 41. IT IS about time I mastered THIS too.
Qhorse~ Do anything and everything for yourself you can think of. We all write the story of our lives and I believe that we can heal ourselves. Either I succeed or I give it my BEST shot trying.... I do not see why NOT! I hope you actually DO go see your acupuncture guy. It is a new perspective and addiction has been around forever... There has to be an alternative to sub and methadone and CT...
Tiny~I appreciate you being supportive. No matter what I know that you all want me to get clean and I am on the same page. THANK YOU THANK YOU! You guys are the best. Believe it or not, it drives me harder to succeed when I have people tell me that it is near impossible. ( I know the odds are against me)
This is just a silly little story, but I had a 2009 Harley D Nightster. I rarely rode it and it sat in my garage month in and month out. I upgraded the exhaust and fuel intake ect. I was trying to sell it for $7900 in the dead of winter. ( this last winter) I had several ppl tell me I would never sell it for what I wanted. It was the wrong time of year. blah blah blah....Guess what!! I SOLD it and for exactly what I wanted and not a penny less. PLUS I did not have the pink. I had to finish paying off the bike with the money I sold it for. Thes they would send me the pink in 10 days... (who wants to deal w/ that BS) It was my stubborn will that got that bike sold. I did not listen to anyone and did what I believed I could do. That bike was worth every bit of $7900 and my recovery is worth every cent & every hoop I am jumping thru. I am worth it to ME. I just KNOW in my heart that I CAN DO THIS. Easy? Probably not.... Will I learn my lesson YESSSS I AM..Im trying my best. I CAN step it up and I must....Off to bed for the 2nd night WITHOUT xanax...I have kicked xanax after being on it for 3+years..THAT motivates me even more...........NIGHT YA ALL!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next